[3.9] g00fy_goober's WinterIsComing Trickster (Easily Clear All Content)

"
Does anyone have ideas on budget gear, ive been thinking doryani catalyst for weapon and as for rest no clue

Entire build is built around a 4EX chest, there isn't really a budget option really. Just stage improvement.

Where you are at now will decide what you should upgrade first.
This build is complete shit to be honest, it's pretty squishy and slow (thanks to 3.7 change), whoever says "armor sucks, let's go evasion" is a fucking garbage softcore players. Breaking news, any build is viable in softcore, yes any, even lightning tendrils
"
ReikaShikari wrote:
This build is complete shit to be honest, it's pretty squishy and slow (thanks to 3.7 change), whoever says "armor sucks, let's go evasion" is a fucking garbage softcore players. Breaking news, any build is viable in softcore, yes any, even lightning tendrils

Well sorry to hear the build is not for you. It is still very much viable and honestly pretty surprised to hear you find it squishy at all or slow for that matter....

So i decided to take a look at your guy on your profile, and find out you already mostly dismantled it. But you are a level 60 character playing HC.

As for armour, it does suck. It is how the calculation works and math'd out for big hits when it matters and the amount of armour you need to reduce the same amount of % from a bigger hit as you do a smaller hit. This is not my simple opinion it is fact.

Things like flat phys reduction or something that are NOT calculated by armour are much better however.

Your next sentence calling people "fucking garbage softcore players" explains to me exactly what kind of person you are so why i am replying to this i don't even know.

But let me throw this out in hopes of you actually learning something as a human being.... Just because your opinion differs from someone else does not make everyone else wrong. People are unique, they enjoy different things and no one is exactly the same. Just because you do not enjoy softcore does not mean that everyone who does is a "fucking garbage player".

As someone who plays exclusively SC and is not a fan of HC at all... I accept that some people do and you won't see me sitting here insulting and belittling HC players.

Piece of advice to you going forward in your life, be a better person.
Hey g00fy!

Wanna start out by thanking you for the time you put into your builds. My very first character that i played extensively was your Spectral throw build a couple of leagues ago! :D

So onto my question. I'm not able to use Hatred + Precision + Herald of Ash + Zealotry even though i have the reserved nodes and in your tree and Enlighten lvl 4. Is the Herald of Ash a "remnants of the past" from the elementalist times?

Again, thanks for your assistance and thanks for spending so much time on your well written guides. <3

/CaptBob
"
Valienca wrote:
Hey g00fy!

Wanna start out by thanking you for the time you put into your builds. My very first character that i played extensively was your Spectral throw build a couple of leagues ago! :D

So onto my question. I'm not able to use Hatred + Precision + Herald of Ash + Zealotry even though i have the reserved nodes and in your tree and Enlighten lvl 4. Is the Herald of Ash a "remnants of the past" from the elementalist times?

Again, thanks for your assistance and thanks for spending so much time on your well written guides. <3

/CaptBob

My guess is you are trying to level precision or do a level 20 precision. With enlighten 4 on the other auras and a level 1 precision it works fine.
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Valienca wrote:
Hey g00fy!

/CaptBob

My guess is you are trying to level precision or do a level 20 precision. With enlighten 4 on the other auras and a level 1 precision it works fine.

Hey Again, Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah i had leveled it to lvl 19. Thought it behaved like any other aura gem. Thanks for pointing it out! Have a good one!
"
Valienca wrote:
"
g00fy_goober wrote:
"
Valienca wrote:
Hey g00fy!

/CaptBob

Hey Again, Thanks for the quick response!

Yeah i had leveled it to lvl 19. Thought it behaved like any other aura gem. Thanks for pointing it out! Have a good one!

Np. Happy to help.
Hi,

Could someone give a bit more information regardign the below part
"The socketed gems are supported by FC/Slower Proj does not do anything for us anymore, however those mods are hybrid mods and also give us flat cast speed and projectile damage."

I'm confused. Even though these effects only apply to the socketed gems in the gloves, we still get a "global bonus" for WinterOrb which is not in the gloves?
What am I missing?
Is it ssf viable?
"
HarryBolls wrote:
Hi,

Could someone give a bit more information regardign the below part
"The socketed gems are supported by FC/Slower Proj does not do anything for us anymore, however those mods are hybrid mods and also give us flat cast speed and projectile damage."

I'm confused. Even though these effects only apply to the socketed gems in the gloves, we still get a "global bonus" for WinterOrb which is not in the gloves?
What am I missing?

No... and yes! So the ACTUAL mods are hybrid. Meaning there is 2 parts. It is "socketed gems are supported by level # faster casting AND % increased cast speed". The other is "socketed gems are supported by level # slower projectiles AND % projectile damage.

So the gems that are in your gloves do not get anything special now that they have faster casting + slower projectiles added to them, but the other half of the mods the flat % increased cast speed and % increased projectile damage are global and both apply to our winterorb. This is why we go for those mods.

"
EmelianenkoKO wrote:
Is it ssf viable?

I would say probably not. Previously you could literally put on all trash gear and run through everything with winterorb and it would be completely viable, it was pretty ridiculously OP OP. However after the nerfs and changes it is still a good skill, but far from OP. Like all spells now however.... it really truly shines with eternity shroud + shaper stacking and ele/chaos stuff. Now you don't HAVE to have all this and can just get generic high spell dmg stuff, but even then with SSF it might feel incredibly blah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info