[3.7] g00fy_goober's WinterIsComing Elementalist (Easily Clear All Content)

"
shadowerwtas wrote:
Is the build ready for tomorrow's launch or do we wait for any further changes?

Cause i just saw this:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I mean everything is ready, but if ggg puts out last minute changes and it breaks tree pathing and stuff then no it won't be updated obviously.

"
Toxomania wrote:

Thanks for the clarification!

I'm gonna try to get my hands on the new Eternity Shroud, are there any suggestions for the extra 6 gem slots? I got CWDT - Immortal Call - Inc. Duration - Vaal RF for now, but then I still got 2 gem slots to spare

That chest looks rly fun, but probably super rare and i would guess really expensive. Id still stick with kaoms and see how things play out lol.
Sorry if this was asked already, why not use inpulsa?
"
HardSide wrote:

the clear is good enough already. more life is better. you can experiment though.
First of all thank you for the build guide it will be my starter build
The gear section worries me a little bit though because all those good stuff wont be available at start ( 1-2 days i guess ? ) and ill probably be in red maps by then
I never played winter orb thats why im asking this question
Will the build be viable with tabula and what armor should be my second choice after tabula until i can afford a kaoms ?
Same thing applies to weapon obviously, getting the impulsa mod wont be an easy task at beginning, will the build do decent without the mod ?
Last question :P will it overall be viable to farm red maps with decent rares until i buy/find/roll the bis rolled rares ?

Edit : also is there any way to fit in phasing into the build without using the flask ? ( never mind i just noticed you actually use a gem for it )
Thank you!
Last edited by Kurcic on Mar 8, 2019, 2:42:06 AM
How is it possible to use all 3 Heralds and the Temporal Chains aura at the same time? I can't figure out how to get around the reserved mana limit
"
elhigg86 wrote:
How is it possible to use all 3 Heralds and the Temporal Chains aura at the same time? I can't figure out how to get around the reserved mana limit

Mastermind of Discord.

(25% reduced mana reservation of herald skill)

3 heralds+ 1 curse is 92% mana reserved.

Solstice Vigil

(Temporal Chains has 100% reduced mana reservation)

i think you might want to use the aspect after you get the solstice.

Last edited by AVtime1 on Mar 8, 2019, 2:03:01 AM

Anything we can do with this ? I'm not sure how synthesizing will work but it looks like a good idea.
I'm stuck choosing between this and ED Occultist. Which one is better for mapping and delve?
"
HardSide wrote:

Mainly lag + no need.

Inpulsa is a great chest and i have nothing against it, but it very frequently gives much larger lag spikes on big packs, and we don't really need the extra damage for clear. Would give a tad more damage for like single target shaper/elder or something, but used mainly for grinding high tier maps bosses died in like 1-2 sec so more life was just the way to go.

"
Kurcic wrote:
First of all thank you for the build guide it will be my starter build
The gear section worries me a little bit though because all those good stuff wont be available at start ( 1-2 days i guess ? ) and ill probably be in red maps by then
I never played winter orb thats why im asking this question
Will the build be viable with tabula and what armor should be my second choice after tabula until i can afford a kaoms ?
Same thing applies to weapon obviously, getting the impulsa mod wont be an easy task at beginning, will the build do decent without the mod ?
Last question :P will it overall be viable to farm red maps with decent rares until i buy/find/roll the bis rolled rares ?

Edit : also is there any way to fit in phasing into the build without using the flask ? ( never mind i just noticed you actually use a gem for it )
Thank you!

You won't have multimod and all the mods at the start of a league in first few days but it really isnt an issue. Just use some spell dmg/crit/cast speed stuff until then. Will be plenty of damage and stuff for early/mid maps and probably most of high maps. Tabula will work fine until kaoms. As for phasing we use the gem.

"
elhigg86 wrote:

Elementalist ascendency gives us reduced mana reserved on heralds, temp chains is free because solstice ammy.

"
Shuggananas wrote:

Anything we can do with this ? I'm not sure how synthesizing will work but it looks like a good idea.

No idea, ring looks interesting (think more interesting to put in synthesizer). I would not give up a clutch GG end game ring for increased buff effect for herald and not much besides. Regardless i won't do random guesses in build guide, will have to wait and see :)

"
empy90 wrote:
I'm stuck choosing between this and ED Occultist. Which one is better for mapping and delve?

Really an impossible question to answer, everyone is different. WO was great when I did it and is very strong. ED/contagion is not my favorite type of build and had to many issues when i did things with it in the past (including last league start). However this league, souldrend looks rly fun, ed got a big dmg buff, mechanical buff, and an AOE tag which means you will be able to use conc in your setup. Along with awesome ES occultist stuff, i think a soulrend/ED ES based occultist will be pretty strong this league.

Even with that, i enjoy the playstyle and such of winterorb a lot more, at least compared to castint ED + Contagion every pack, casting twice is super annoying. But if soulrend can be used for clear, it might not be like that.

So basically as you can see, impossible to answer properly at this time :/
"
shadowerwtas wrote:
Is the build ready for tomorrow's launch or do we wait for any further changes?

Cause i just saw this:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

I've already looked at this and the point allocation still amounts to exactly the same. Coldhearted Calculation, Resourcefulness, Fangs of the Viper, Blood Drinker and the jewel socket will be 12 points starting from the int node above Coldhearted either way.
Only real change is you lose a 10 int node and gain 8% inc damage, 5% proj speed and 5% inc AoE
Which is great

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info