[3.8] g00fy_goober's WinterIsComing Trickster (Easily Clear All Content)

"
hrdlywrkng wrote:
Any recommendations on weapons/shields prior to the multimods?

Thanks and great guide!

maybe shade of solaris and light of lunaris? or duskdawn?
33k dps only with winter orb ?
"
FlamingArm wrote:

I'm pretty sure thats PER PROJECTILE
"
FlamingArm wrote:

Proj skills are calculated per projectile
hello!! im also planning on doing a Wo next league.
Tried one out the last days of betrayal just to see whether or not I like it.... and its insane, will definitely start synth on this one.

I just had a slightly different setup (inpulsas, no pseudo links, more movement speed). Just personal preference.

What I wonder about in this are those green explosions. where are they coming from? is that from the inpulsas-style-mod on the sceptre? or mtx? looks really cool.

great guide, thank you. jan du bastardsohn
"
mentle88 wrote:
Great build, What I'm looking to start next league with. Just picked up winter orb not that long ago in 3.5 and like the play style with Vaal RF and Vaal BV as nice single target cooldowns since trash clearing is mostly just listening to explosions from heralds.

I had a few quesions regarding your POB choices at level 100.

The POB I made or am planning on making as a "tweak"

TL:DR

The premise behind these changes was I swapped Written in Blood for Purity of Flesh, for roughly the same life, less energy shield but some added chaos resists.

I traded a jewel socket below these found to the right of resourcefulness in exchange for Explosive Impact (Fire damage for Winter orb and increased AoE) and Storm Weaver (Cold damage for Winter orb, Lightning damage for herald and BV with phys to light damage conversion for BV)

I'm just curious to know if these would fall under "Flavor changes for each individual" That you touched on in your build guide or if there is some sort of a mechanic that I'm missing and will pay for it in regret orbs.

Thanks! Good Luck on your league start.

Honestly i don't really have time to check each node and what you grabbed/replaced. They seem like minor tweaks so check your dps/life numbers b4 and after and go with whatever you prefer.

"
hrdlywrkng wrote:
Any recommendations on weapons/shields prior to the multimods?

Thanks and great guide!

Id just dual wield something with some nice spell dmg/crit/cast speed wands or maces or something. Epicly lazy ppl might even be able to use like a couple divinarius for a bit early on, but they are pretty outdated. Even average rolled wands usually beat them out now.

"
Piros wrote:
"
Shuggananas wrote:
This looks nice, actually think I'll gravitate towards this for this league. Looks like it got nerfed a bit with the elemental as chaos nerf though.

That's my biggest concern, as well... they've fiddled with a bunch of numbers, between BV + WOrb + VRF + chaos conversion changes... don't think we'll be able to make as strong of weapons... elemental conversion helped all 3 skills... the new fire/lightning/cold conversion alternatives will only benefit 1-2 skills, for the most part...

The only mod that got effected was the standalone non chaos as chaos damage. Atziri flask works the same, and the hybrid spell/non-chaos is the same (thought has slightly less values i guess). The standalone non-chaos as extra chaos we will have to pick the element that is the best, but don't think its going to be anything huge. A nerf for sure, but one that is easily manageable.

"
superlativer wrote:
yo m8 guide looks sweet
i have a question:
is the new support gem infused channeling worth to pick? (dropping cold to fire?) and the new channeling nodes in tree which nodes would be good to /drope replace for
kind regards

It seems like a pretty cool gem. Might be worth checking out but would have to plug into POB after gems are uploaded and check things out. However, even though the standalone non-chaos to chaos was changed, with other sources + the hybrid + atziris and stuff, cold to fire still might be the best option.

"
FlamingArm wrote:
That is per projectile. Between cast speed, the crazy number of projectiles and everything else, trust me when i say you one shot everything that is not a boss and it is not an issue.

"
markuskanada wrote:
hello!! im also planning on doing a Wo next league.
Tried one out the last days of betrayal just to see whether or not I like it.... and its insane, will definitely start synth on this one.

I just had a slightly different setup (inpulsas, no pseudo links, more movement speed). Just personal preference.

What I wonder about in this are those green explosions. where are they coming from? is that from the inpulsas-style-mod on the sceptre? or mtx? looks really cool.

great guide, thank you. jan du bastardsohn

It is from ghostflame herald of ash MTX
Going to be using this as my League Starter, but I got a couple questions.

When would it be a good idea to switch to the main skill? and how hard would it be to get those gloves and helm in the first few days of the league? Would it be better to get Winter Orb onto a Tabula for the time being with the same gems? Sorry if you answered these questions still kinda new to the game.
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:

When would it be a good idea to switch to the main skill? and how hard would it be to get those gloves and helm in the first few days of the league? Would it be better to get Winter Orb onto a Tabula for the time being with the same gems? Sorry if you answered these questions still kinda new to the game.

No worries for the questions, but helm enchant and gloves will take a while. Either you have to buy it, i.e. a helm from someone already done the lab, or do lab yourself over and over again until you get it onto your helmet. The gloves are craftable, buy you have to either find the reciepes yourself or buy the crafting from someone with crafting service (who has to get the reciepes first). So no, you will not get those items in a start of a league.

Ofc a Tabula will rock (for most of starting builds tbh). That brings the freedom to add gems according to what your mana pool can handle etc and is a perfect way to utilize multi linked skills meanwhile levelling the gems. It might require some extra temporary nodes for mana sometimes.

You can problably go for WO when it's available (28). Until then do what you like. Use brands, mines, freezing pulse or whatever you like. Last league I used a brand and just ran through content letting the brand pop enemies behind. (I died like 300 times on Kitava however, lol).
I usually don't like going tooo meta, but after having shitloads of fun with builds like CoC and Kinectic Blast/Barrage, I am considering of going for a WO-build since I think that is something that matches my playstyle.

I've got a couple of theorycrafting thoughts/questions;

- The new Lucidity node is perfectly placed for us, which gives 14+30% extra damage. That should cover a lot of the missing base dmg on the skill itself.

- I agree with that Infused looks interessting. Will see how it looks like in POB.

- What about the buff to CI? We're pretty close the CI node and being immune to chaos dmg is a huge boost in the game. We now have got Etheral Feast also close to our path, with 0,2 + 0,3 + 0,4 + 0,6 of dmg leeched back as ES. That node also gives cast speed during leech. I haven't done deeper calcs, but shouldn't CI be a better choice with that huge leech buff for Synthesis?
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:

The main skill should be used as soon as you get it (level 28 for WO). BV can be picked up at level 12. Helm getting high life + res + the hypothermia and inc aoe is probably not very likely. Though rolling it might not be to hard to hit hypo + inc aoe. Still cost some alts though. The gloves are not to bad but multimoding them costs a couple exalts. Would probably tabula it up to save some money and then get a kaoms + the gloves. Helm can be much less at start and still do 4l vaal bv fine.

"
boondoxsaints wrote:
I usually don't like going tooo meta, but after having shitloads of fun with builds like CoC and Kinectic Blast/Barrage, I am considering of going for a WO-build since I think that is something that matches my playstyle.

I've got a couple of theorycrafting thoughts/questions;

- The new Lucidity node is perfectly placed for us, which gives 14+30% extra damage. That should cover a lot of the missing base dmg on the skill itself.

- I agree with that Infused looks interessting. Will see how it looks like in POB.

- What about the buff to CI? We're pretty close the CI node and being immune to chaos dmg is a huge boost in the game. We now have got Etheral Feast also close to our path, with 0,2 + 0,3 + 0,4 + 0,6 of dmg leeched back as ES. That node also gives cast speed during leech. I haven't done deeper calcs, but shouldn't CI be a better choice with that huge leech buff for Synthesis?

Lucidity looks ok, would have to plug in numbers and would have to lose 3 skill points from somewhere else. Would also only help with winter orb and not on single target but still might be worth it.

As for ES there is a LOT of buffs to ES in general this league. Lot of ES leech, recovery, and even bonus's to dmg while leeching es while at full es etc etc. Think ES is going to take a huge jump this league which I think will be great because i personally LOVE es. I would also like to state that Winterob leech is godly. To dumb down the insane leech mechanics you need a 4 year degree in to understand... leech basically works like a glorified life gain on hit now. The more hits/instances the faster/more you will leech. So seeing as winterorb hits with all those projectiles at an incredibly fast rate. Some sweet CI ES action will probably be best.

The downside to that however is that we literally have to rework everything. Skills/gems/stats/gear pieces/passive tree etc etc. However if nothing else is tweaked to numbers/nodes I think most builds will be better as ES now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info