[3.8] g00fy_goober's WinterIsComing Trickster (Easily Clear All Content)

"
jakecard wrote:
Thanks for this build! Gonna be using it as my first ever league starter :)

I had a question similar to pmarques/JohnnyRaw. Since I’m very new, it’s still unclear to me how I should set up my skill gems and what item stats I should go for in the early levels. A section on pre-mapping gem and item progression would be super helpful for people like me who are just getting into the game.

Either way though, thanks a ton for all the hard work! So excited to get started with this in a couple days.

It is fine to ask and there is nothing wrong with being a new player just letting you know that the reason it is not included in build guide is because it really has nothing to do with the build and more to do with general leveling tips and being a somewhat new player.

When it comes to things like item progression nothing is set in stone. It is very much whatever you find. Spells get the majority of their damage from just leveling the gem itself, so most gear while leveling is more important to get the proper links for the support gems and then getting whatever life/res you can get.

As for the gems they are all listed out in the gem and link section so you have an idea of what supports you want to link to your skills.

"
Cchegas wrote:
Any leveling tips?

Yes. Don't Die!

Jokes aside, it is a really easy build to level with. Winterorb does lots of damage and is great for clear, along with OP elementalist ascendancy makes things pretty easy. BV (even after nerf) is still probably one of the best single targets in game so should be relatively easy to kill bosses and use for single target.
Tree + POB link updated to fix pathing for the release of 3.6 skill tree.
*Somehow duplicate post*
Last edited by g00fy_goober on Mar 6, 2019, 7:19:03 PM
Great build, What I'm looking to start next league with. Just picked up winter orb not that long ago in 3.5 and like the play style with Vaal RF and Vaal BV as nice single target cooldowns since trash clearing is mostly just listening to explosions from heralds.

I had a few quesions regarding your POB choices at level 100.

The POB I made or am planning on making as a "tweak"

TL:DR

The premise behind these changes was I swapped Written in Blood for Purity of Flesh, for roughly the same life, less energy shield but some added chaos resists.

I traded a jewel socket below these found to the right of resourcefulness in exchange for Explosive Impact (Fire damage for Winter orb and increased AoE) and Storm Weaver (Cold damage for Winter orb, Lightning damage for herald and BV with phys to light damage conversion for BV)

I'm just curious to know if these would fall under "Flavor changes for each individual" That you touched on in your build guide or if there is some sort of a mechanic that I'm missing and will pay for it in regret orbs.

Thanks! Good Luck on your league start.
Any recommendations on weapons/shields prior to the multimods?

Thanks and great guide!
I believe the biggest to shoot for is the shaper base club with 5% explode as fire damage. Before that with leveling a normal caster mod stat stick is the way to go leveling up.
This looks nice, actually think I'll gravitate towards this for this league. Looks like it got nerfed a bit with the elemental as chaos nerf though.
"
mentle88 wrote:
Great build, What I'm looking to start next league with. Just picked up winter orb not that long ago in 3.5 and like the play style with Vaal RF and Vaal BV as nice single target cooldowns since trash clearing is mostly just listening to explosions from heralds.

I had a few quesions regarding your POB choices at level 100.

The POB I made or am planning on making as a "tweak"

TL:DR

The premise behind these changes was I swapped Written in Blood for Purity of Flesh, for roughly the same life, less energy shield but some added chaos resists.

I traded a jewel socket below these found to the right of resourcefulness in exchange for Explosive Impact (Fire damage for Winter orb and increased AoE) and Storm Weaver (Cold damage for Winter orb, Lightning damage for herald and BV with phys to light damage conversion for BV)

I'm just curious to know if these would fall under "Flavor changes for each individual" That you touched on in your build guide or if there is some sort of a mechanic that I'm missing and will pay for it in regret orbs.

Thanks! Good Luck on your league start.

Main thing I'm unsure of, until we get in game, is whether that Lightning conversion even works for anything but the newer skills that are built with 50% conversion... the node says lightning spells have 10% of their physical damage converted to lightning... the wildcard is whether P2L support adds a Lightning tag to BV or not... if so, you're in luck...

And I think it's a real trade-off in life, dropping 8 life nodes for 4 Life + Chaos Resist nodes... 3 in constitution wheel + 4 up top + 7% jewel socket
"
Shuggananas wrote:
This looks nice, actually think I'll gravitate towards this for this league. Looks like it got nerfed a bit with the elemental as chaos nerf though.

That's my biggest concern, as well... they've fiddled with a bunch of numbers, between BV + WOrb + VRF + chaos conversion changes... don't think we'll be able to make as strong of weapons... elemental conversion helped all 3 skills... the new fire/lightning/cold conversion alternatives will only benefit 1-2 skills, for the most part...
yo m8 guide looks sweet
i have a question:
is the new support gem infused channeling worth to pick? (dropping cold to fire?) and the new channeling nodes in tree which nodes would be good to /drope replace for
kind regards

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info