Starting to hate this league recycling / mixing

I 100% agree with everything everyone that has posted here.

Hope the mods on the forum are relaying this information to Mr. Wilson. This is some vital information, 95% of the community agrees with.

This sentiment was summed up by a member of our design team who recently said "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not."

YOLO!
"
Laee wrote:
Also with nearly every new league, reward mechanics are getting more strange/unfun and mandatory/too op compared to good old vanilla mapping. I miss the days where killing monsters gives decent loot. Now it feels like a waste of time.

Yeah, the core game is getting too convoluted these days. I dunno why they feel the need to add every single league to core these days. I much preferred the second generation leagues like Breach. Kill mobs, get loot = fun. Spending your time in special UI menus, micromanaging fragments (that obviously exist to sell tabs) and being slowed down constantly while playing = unfun.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Feb 11, 2019, 5:06:13 AM
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Laee wrote:
Also with nearly every new league, reward mechanics are getting more strange/unfun and mandatory/too op compared to good old vanilla mapping. I miss the days where killing monsters gives decent loot. Now it feels like a waste of time.

Yeah, the core game is getting too convoluted these days. I dunno why they feel the need to add every single league to core these days. I much preferred the second generation leagues like Breach. Kill mobs, get loot = fun. Spending your time in special UI menus, micromanaging fragments (that obviously exist to sell tabs) and being slowed down constantly while playing = unfun.

Let`s not even go there. Having a 15$ quad tab just for Fossils/Resonator and STILL not having enough space for all of it after some delve farming really pissed me off this league. All because "nobody thought of making them stackable"
Last edited by LaurelWreaths on Feb 11, 2019, 10:46:00 AM
"
LaurelWreaths wrote:

Let`s not even go there. Having a 15$ quad tab just for Fossils/Resonator and STILL not having enough space for all of it after some delve farming really pissed me off this league. All because "nobody thought of making them stackable"

Yes, that's a really big hassle, though who is talking about a 'measly' quad stash there? They add up so fast after a while that it's by no means sufficient.

A good year ago I would've said 'no, PoE isn't p2w because of the stash sales', but right now... it actually kinda is. The hassle to keep your inventory even lightly sorted has gotten so big that it's just not fun anymore, 4 non-premium tabs for fully free players just is turning away people at this stage.

What needs to be implemented is a way to earn tabs during a league, a single quad each league is more then enough to slowly raise it up, giving incentive to players who want to stay free, as well as coaxing people who would otherwise leave into actually buying things and supporting the game, like more tabs.

I personally own over 10 quad and 50 premium ones by now (they accumulated) and still, with my immense love for crafting and min-maxing items I get fairly fast into the region where I need to start sorting things during a league.

Items not being worth it to be grabbed in simple maps:

I still don't get where this is coming from.
At the start of a league (First month), basically every item which is rare is a potential winner.
Mid-league T10+ rares are still winners, which one should have reached fairly easily by then.
End of the League T16 rares still offer profit, just the market is flooded with tons and tons of 'crap' lower then that by this time.

And lets not start with the myriad of interesting combinations when running Elder/Shaper maps, making it so good bases (Rings,Amulets) become fairly expensive when rolled a little bit, even at only Ilvl 75.

It has become worse then several leagues ago, that is true, but as it's clearly been written here we have the following complaints:

"Always running the same map is boring"
"I feel forced to do off-league content"
"Picking up normal rares isn't profitable and a waste of time"
"It sucks that a single specific thing is the 'best' profit in the game, and not a large amount of different things giving the same return"

So, how to solve those things then? Some want a ton of diversity, others seemingly don't. Some want to simply pick up every crap item along the way, others don't. Some feel forced to play off-league content like delve, others ignore it absolutely and do fine.

The game still has tons of options to either:

Run the same content over and over and be successful.

as well as:

Run a diverse mix of content and be successful.

So besides the obvious 'clutter' issue which has massed up further and further in the last leagues, making it hard for free players to craft/sell/use specific game mechanics, I literally don't see another really 'big' problem at the moment, Some balancing issues, sure, but nothing absolutely massive which can't be fixed along the way, and probably mostly will be after the league again.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Core game has gotten way "too much". It's tiring. You feel like you're always being told that what you're doing isn't right. You should be running maps. NO! You should be delving! Ooops! I meant you should be making your temple run. Oh... you forgot about shaper/elder and that's all messed up now. Too much stuff.

lol what? Too much? It's awesome, and we are getting more. We're not pigeon-holed into one type of end game content. There are multiple mechanics to farm for currency. It's not too much at all because you don't have to do it all.

Most of it flows from maps anyway. You map, get sulphurite, kill beasts on the way for crafting, incursions you get your temple up, get a SH up, then after mapping do your temple/sh and go for a delve session. All of it is along the "way" when you map. Use your currency to farm end game bosses, invest into red map buffs etc.
Last edited by poeGT on Feb 12, 2019, 2:49:52 PM
I want to see a chase item again. Something like the old 100ex+ Shavs. Or legacy Kaoms. Or Skyforth.

Even Headhunter, a top tier item that's not even on the regular drop table anymore is only worth some 40-50ex. Maybe more early league, but still a joke.

Thanks to delve crafting and Elder/Shaper bases, 99.99% of drops are meaningless. Loot has lost its meaning in PoE.
"
I want to see a chase item again. Something like the old 100ex+ Shavs. Or legacy Kaoms. Or Skyforth.

Even Headhunter, a top tier item that's not even on the regular drop table anymore is only worth some 40-50ex. Maybe more early league, but still a joke.

Thanks to delve crafting and Elder/Shaper bases, 99.99% of drops are meaningless. Loot has lost its meaning in PoE.

That's a good point, perfectly described. A chase item... is exactly what GGG tried to remove, good they are gone!

What did it mean when a so called 'chase item' was there? It meant it's the absolute mandatory item for many builds, often impossible to play without those as there were no other options available. That's the reason why those items were so expensive after all.

Since Path of Exile's item system is meant to build up on player choice, the ability to built a character in many different ways with as few as possible absolutely mandatory items, those items either had to go, or alternatives had to be implemented. That's where elder/shaper items, delve and temple mods came into the play to fill that void.

Now there is a larger array of possible useful items available, causing the prices of those former items to plummet, which is a good thing.

As for the main complaint though:

I made over 20 ex this season from unique drops, over 30 ex from running the proper Zana mods and around 50 ex from delve-crafting. I love crafting so I do it a lot, hence why the amount of profit there is so high.
My main income still is from item-drops on the other hand, but... you got to get to T16 maps to have proper drops with good combinations available, otherwise the chance is ridiculously low.

So, how to solve the loot problem? There is none... there is just a ton less need for crap, high-end became far more sought-after.

How do you make currency now? Run breach in maps until you have enough currency to get your character to T16, run T16 maps and profit there from drops, easy... actually... really easy. And all that without a single thing else then the 'main game'. So... still no real issue but missing knowledge instead.
GGG balance is like getting a pizza which is burnt on the sides, raw in the middle and misses the most of the toppings.
Then upon sending it back you get a raw side, burnt middle and enough toppings to drench everything in grease.
Everything fixed but still broken.
I cannot believe the complaints I see on the forum. Guys...I realize the nature of the game but there are limitations on new content. I'm seriously afraid of PoE becoming a mess of too many things to do outside of the "main objective", being mapping, resulting in gameplay becoming muddled and unclear, and scaring off potential new players.

Let them try simplicity. Let them try diversity. Let them experiment. Let them integrate. I love that they tried to incorporate all those leagues and give a reason to run each different one. Don't just scream ideas at them all the time. They've done a damn good job thus far of picking and choosing the good and leaving out the bad, but we need to be mindful.

Really, if anyone ruins the game, it'll be the fans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZlpsneDGBQ
"
Kulze wrote:
"

That's a good point, perfectly described. A chase item... is exactly what GGG tried to remove, good they are gone!

What did it mean when a so called 'chase item' was there? It meant it's the absolute mandatory item for many builds, often impossible to play without those as there were no other options available. That's the reason why those items were so expensive after all.

Since Path of Exile's item system is meant to build up on player choice, the ability to built a character in many different ways with as few as possible absolutely mandatory items, those items either had to go, or alternatives had to be implemented. That's where elder/shaper items, delve and temple mods came into the play to fill that void.

Now there is a larger array of possible useful items available, causing the prices of those former items to plummet, which is a good thing.

In short, I'm entitled to have access to everything I want without effort.

Nothing wrong with having an item that most players don't have access to. I understand your complaint as a low tier player, but just because you can't have fun with it doesn't mean it shouldn't exist.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
Laee wrote:

THIS THIS THIS
Kill shit, get loot > Manage extra UI tabs with fragments of crap

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info