Please nerf Harbingers. Drops are WAY to OP

"
xMustard wrote:
"
What makes it absurd...hmmm. How bout a thousand chaos on dense fossils+ a il86 vaal regalia, and not even one roll higher then 600. Your take on thing is this is just fine and dandy, there's lots of fossils in the economy. I'm saying this is a frustrating, unrewarding slap in the face.

well what is absurd to me is spending over 5 exalts worth on dense fossils for something you can buy for 100c

You can get a il86 800-900es vaal regalia for 100c? Don't white knight all over my point man.

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Betrayal/yBR5XqhR

No...no you can't get a 800-900ES IL86 vaal regalia for 100c. You're so eager to defend this game though, it's obvious.

I bought a il86 6L vaal regalia and hoped to get a decent roll with fossils. Apparently that was foolish. Silly me.

Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Feb 12, 2019, 11:08:33 PM
"
LaurelWreaths wrote:

I mean league almost ends and I almost completed an Orb of Annulment.

Also in 2 more leagues i can get a +1 to a map in Standard? Who knows, in 40-50 leagues even a Beachhead???!!! For 1/4th of a useless unique item???!!!

I mean what`s next? Hillock gets a 50% chance to drop HH?

Rofl, pure gold! :)
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
"
xMustard wrote:
what makes it absurd, exactly?

if this was an offline single player game, i'd agree that the way things are now would be a problem

What makes it absurd...hmmm. How bout a thousand chaos on dense fossils+ a il86 vaal regalia, and not even one roll higher then 600. Your take on thing is this is just fine and dandy, there's lots of fossils in the economy. I'm saying this is a frustrating, unrewarding slap in the face.

As you can see from my posts, I'm very, very far from whiteknighting GGG. In fact, I criticize them a lot in almost every post. However, it is absurd to spend thousand chaos orb to buy dense fossils, when 6l regalia with 800+ ES can be bought for 5 ex. Fossils “crafting”, which is gambling in fact is pure RNG matter. Personally I spent thousands of chaos to get +1 arrow quivers with good stats and outcomes was really various. It happened I managed to get 5ex+ worth quiver after spamming 40 chaos, even in this league. In Delve league it happened, I get 3ex worth quiver after spamming… ~1200 chaos. RNG...

Same issue with fossils. In general, if you need to get some particular item with given (in most cases very high) stats, forget about fossils. It is much cheaper to but thing from market. There is only one exception from this rule – 6l corrupted unique bows with +1 arrow corruption (not Windripper though). It is much cheaper to do it yourself. I know something about it, as in Betreyal I earned about 100 ex for such things. Overall cost is about 12 ex, net profit ~30 ex. Armors? Forget about fossils, just buy them.
getting +1 arrow 6l unique bows it gonna cost you a ridiculous amount is that really what you mean? Its gonna cost way more than 12 ex per
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
getting +1 arrow 6l unique bows it gonna cost you a ridiculous amount is that really what you mean? Its gonna cost way more than 12 ex per

Not if you are smart :) This league I had "factory" of such things, sold 3 +1 Chin sols with very good stats. Each of them cost me precisely 12 ex, except one, where I had to get particular socket colours. It is quite annoying and timeconsuming though, so I closed bussines after earn enough exalts to get my characters going :)
You gotta have found some crazy system for that :p odds of +1 arrow must be like 1/40 and it needs to be 6l'd, slightly higher if you use double corruption in the temple tbh 12 ex sounds cheap i'd pay more.
It get's even worse with the item inflation and flood:

2 more leagues and I have one of the mythical "exalts" in standard.

(already found 5 through delving and wasted them with crafting).
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
You gotta have found some crazy system for that :p odds of +1 arrow must be like 1/40 and it needs to be 6l'd, slightly higher if you use double corruption in the temple tbh 12 ex sounds cheap i'd pay more.

Yes, I have crazy system. Next league starts at march 8, if you want, I can make whatever +1 arrow bow for you in about... 10-12 days from leagu start, maybe sooner. Exceptions: Arborix, Death opus, Windripper, The Tempest and probably Doomfletch Prism and Silverbough too, as making cost is much higher, withaut any warrenty, I will sell it for good price if you change your mind :)
"
You guys don't even realize I bet, that this is pretty representative of the game in general. Div cards you never see/sets you never complete, shitty Harbinger drops, nothing but common uniques, SHIT rares that never roll good, mobs that drop nothing, no point to killing bosses, it's all related to the same thing, and I've been saying it for 5+ years. The game is way too trading-centric and unrewarding for the individual player. A 0.1/10000000 drop chance makes sense in a trading vacuum, but is boring as fuck for the individual player.

People get annuls not from Harbingers, but from unrelated encounters...I got a Doctor ONCE, and it wasn't from either maps that drop it. It was in a delve. This game lol.

GGG is terrified to reward the player for fear it will impact the economy. This game could be a lot more fun.

I have to agree that the 99% worthless boss drops are annoying. No point. Actually it makes me want to try SSF so at least a small portion of the crappy drops might be meaningful in a small way.
"
"
xMustard wrote:
what makes it absurd, exactly?

if this was an offline single player game, i'd agree that the way things are now would be a problem

1 Dense fossil 866 ES Regalia btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info