(Necromancer Survivability) I have no clue what I am doing wrong

I have a summoner who is focused to zombies instead of skeletons.
Ok L63 and no mapping and without problems to survive at this time.

Maybe a decoy totem as a "oh shit button" could help.
But it doesn't help versus one shots.
I first played with Spectre's and vaal skeleton and had a hard time...now I use Spectre's with zombies and (for me) it works a lot better....zombies are great meat shields.
"
Umbario wrote:
I first played with Spectre's and vaal skeleton and had a hard time...now I use Spectre's with zombies and (for me) it works a lot better....zombies are great meat shields.

you need to rework that skill tree... Get a hat with supported by conc effect and supported by mindion dam, throw zombies in there with multistrike.

You also need to scrap that staff. Get a 5 or 6L chest, and go with a +100% minion dam yellow weapon. You could even do a 5L spectre setup with the right supports on your 1h or gloves. You can buy this stuff super cheap from people.
"
insilopeh wrote:
"
Umbario wrote:

you need to rework that skill tree... Get a hat with supported by conc effect and supported by mindion dam, throw zombies in there with multistrike.

You also need to scrap that staff. Get a 5 or 6L chest, and go with a +100% minion dam yellow weapon. You could even do a 5L spectre setup with the right supports on your 1h or gloves. You can buy this stuff super cheap from people.

huh? I dont use a staff on my necro :)

and I use bonehelm with +3 socket minion gem.
"
Umbario wrote:
"
insilopeh wrote:
"
Umbario wrote:

huh? I dont use a staff on my necro :)

and I use bonehelm with +3 socket minion gem.

wait, i was looking at OP who used a 4L pledge of hands...

Also, +3 wont give you a pseudo 6link like the other 2 will. zombies easily hit 120k dps with slam per zombie with such a hat.
Because you quoted my reply I was confused...
"
Umbario wrote:
Because you quoted my reply I was confused...

so am i...thought you were OP...
Others have already suggested some gear and tree changes.
I thought I'd give you an example of how you could change your tree to get more survivability: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.4.0/AAAABAMDAGKGm6FKnxZvWfOPGlqRfRj56Kh9EFElsicv42o1khps8NX-j_fXLJxQQkjnkDPJPcBmQYfpAjrhJpVVxrc-v5fT-7iT74iCx_AfKPqmVxUn7-uhL-yKaqyevWD4bAsEs1fJIvTYvRzcTLN8g_k3BklJsUlRg9vTj4Uy_grXz5UuogC-iprgBx5_xmaeTbkaOMy8YeIEB6rEpqxtGSqYJKqYTaqpES3sg3IPMtGQVaDmOlhEBBGWR4VFnYhAOsZTUom8Nun60vIe0B-MNlVLa9uMsd-KRUeFYDkLTeNTNWdx8kWsmOvukyc=

This tree drops a lot of the nodes that give you resistances, so you would have to make up for those in gear. You would lose ~4 % DPS from your skelly mages.
What you gain is more than 1.7k life, putting you at ~5.2k, which should make surviving a lot easier.
Path of Building tells me it takes 27 refund points to change from your tree to this.
You can buy almost all gems from the vendor in Act 6 and in the Epilog in Oriath.
I have another question about necro....

for ice spectres....harold of ice?

I also have Phantasm (on kill) and zombies.....my guide tells me to use anger but I dont see the benefit.

thx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info