GGG are slowly becoming like EA/Activison.

From what I've noticed so far, GGG are distancing themselves from the whole community more and more and starting to function like gigantic robotic gaming industries, they don't care what we want, they don't care about our feedback, they don't care about scammers or anything else that's going on in their game (judging by how long it actually takes them to fix things).

The only thing I've seen them caring about is "code of conduct" and pretty much butchering freedom of speech just so their game wouldn't look bad in the gaming media. As far as their communication with their community goes, it's pretty much zero now, I remember 2 years back you would actually get a response from a mod in game if you got muted by their mistake, now, nothing, silence, they're behaving like machines, entitled ones at that sometimes.

Second thing they care about is, of course, pumping out Microtransactions, that's pretty much it.

To be honest with you guys I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we saw in the not so distant future content released with pay2win materials implemented.

That or, we will get Path of Exile on mobile phones. *hint* *hint*

But these are just my thoughts based on their actions thus far, feel free to judge or condemn them.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Still sane, Exile?
[b][u]Exile[/u][/b]: Ye.
[b][u]Zana[/u][/b]: Hold my Flask.
Last edited by Rivi666 on Feb 7, 2019, 9:10:47 PM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2019, 5:59:31 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
they don't care about scammers or anything else that's going on in their game (judging by how long it actually takes them to fix things).

because most "scams" don't break any rules, meaning you're the one handing 2 exalts to the guy and hoping he doesn't log out

and any other scam is completely your fault

but GGG was bought by tencent so maybe it'll happen one day. I can only see these bad things happening if Chris leaves
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
"
they don't care about scammers or anything else that's going on in their game (judging by how long it actually takes them to fix things).

because most "scams" don't break any rules, meaning you're the one handing 2 exalts to the guy and hoping he doesn't log out

and any other scam is completely your fault

but GGG was bought by tencent so maybe it'll happen one day. I can only see these bad things happening if Chris leaves

I'm aware of your point of view, but I am also aware that kind of behavior is bannable in most other games (and platforms like Steam) as well, given enough evidence of course (innocent until proven guilty).

However, encouraging that kind of behavior (which is what they're basically doing) is ruining this game for all of us.

And yes, if Chris leaves this will immediately become pay2win, because he doesn't share the same thoughts as EA/Activions, however, I'm not so sure about the rest of the team.
"
I'm aware of your point of view, but I am also aware that kind of behavior is bannable in most other games (and platforms like Steam) as well, given enough evidence of course (innocent until proven guilty).

However, encouraging that kind of behavior (which is what they're basically doing) is ruining this game for all of us.

It's not his/her point of view, it's how it has always been in Wraeclast, period.

I am also loosing 'faith' in GGG, at this rate I will quite playing it this year I think, but the "scam" part ..... no, that's on you.
If you put yourself in a situation where you could get 'scammed' it means that the trading window is not enough, and that you are therefore trying to bypass some parts of the game because you cannot do it on your own = it's entirely on you.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:

I am also loosing 'faith' in GGG, at this rate I will quite playing it this year I think, but the "scam" part ..... no, that's on you.
If you put yourself in a situation where you could get 'scammed' it means that the trading window is not enough, and that you are therefore trying to bypass some parts of the game because you cannot do it on your own = it's entirely on you.

I've never been personally scammed, but I still disagree with their encouragement of it, basically you can go left and right scam everyone that you can without a single worry about getting punished for it, there are zero consequences for such behavior, that's the part which bothers me.

Before someone adds a post here "but, but.. they're pumping out content!" yes, content they take a month and a half to balance, or to simply fix some minor things (Burial Chambers Syndicate encounter is still not fixed, and league is ending soon).

It doesn't matter if they're pumping out content if its BAD (run 24/7 Harbour Bridge for maximum profit) and they have no regards to feedback from community - as seen most recently regarding Mastermind not being done due to "difficulty".

I've also seen hundreds of players begging them basically to increase Sulphite node spawns from 1-3 to 3, but they didn't even bother responding to that nor to any other suggestion besides "code of conduct blah blah".
Last edited by Rivi666 on Feb 7, 2019, 9:34:18 PM
"
I've also seen hundreds of players begging them basically to increase Sulphite node spawns from 1-3 to 3, but they didn't even bother responding to that nor to any other suggestion besides "code of conduct blah blah".

They never answer in the feedback section ....

And of course they don't catter to all request.

Nothing of this is recent, it has always been like this.

And again, if you are getting scammed, it means that you are using progression methods that are initially unintended in the game.
They allow it, but that's it.

I have never been scammed in PoE, because I never used carry services, or felt the need to buy challenges or whatever.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 7, 2019, 9:45:33 PM
i mean, ggg is owned by tencent. which... is kind of like blizzard/activision/king.

but now with 100% more social credit!
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
They do not read feedback.
They don't fucking care about your feedback anymore. Might as well just delete the feedback section because it serves 0 purpose now. It's just us now arguing with each other. Devs don't even come here anymore.
It's either that or GGG is ignoring feedback and pretends their league design is fine, it's just people don't like the challenging fight. In this case, it's even worse, they are in denial they fucked up.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Feb 7, 2019, 10:44:05 PM
Pay to win has been around for years now, as stash tabs are required for trading. I am pretty sure that a person gaining the top positions of the ladder, in a race ... always trades and always has these tabs.

Scam or whatever you call these things, have also been around for a long time. If you exploit them, you gain a benefit, as we saw with Beastiary where some people duped their six linked armors by farming some zone again and again. Same happens with breach splinters, some people exploit it and get to 100 super fast, others that play legit, don´t even get to 95 or see a breach at all.

Let´s face it, POE just like D3 has a lot of issues and the number one is the community itself, that does tolerate these types of exploits and p2w mechanics. Streamers are the number one of these advocats, or when did you see a streamer play 100% legit? They trade, they abuse mechanics, it´s each season the same thing and their sheep follow them without asking any questions.

You need to remember, it´s not the average joe that spreads these exploits, that does flip in trading... it´s those that lead the pack and they are sadly called "VIP", as they also get a lot of boni from GGG to promote their game. This creates the impression of a "legit" way of playing, while in reality the game becomes worse with each league, due to those cheap tactics.

Ever wondered why league mechanics are so rare? Why drops are so low? It´s becaue of that.

In the end, POE is a fun game I like to play, but I also realize that it is just another D3 or D2 nowadays. I remain legit, which also means I never get to 40 challenges, level 100 etc. I am fine with that, but it´s still a sad state of a game.
The don't encourage scamming and they do punish scammers. But they don't have time to investigate every little he said/she said "scam" complaint they get. If enough people send actual evidence, they do take action.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info