Why does it always take three login attempts to get in?

Ever since 3.3 or so - i get booted from my first two attempts. Its always exactly two. Then the third always works.

Anyone else?
Last bumped on Feb 7, 2019, 4:32:49 PM
shit pc
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
shit pc

Thanks for your insightful analysis.

I can tell you have a bright future ahead of you, and without a doubt have had a healthy and sterling past behind you.

Nearly always at least 3 tries, yes.

Tweaking settings and cleaning up minimap folders alongside closing non-essential programs, helps.

This game is terribly sensitive to potato computers and/or non-optimal connections. The only game I've (briefly) played noticeably worse than POE in this regard is Star Citizen and that game is infamous.
Last edited by Zphyr on Feb 6, 2019, 1:44:43 PM
"
Zphyr wrote:

Tweaking settings and cleaning up minimap folders alongside closing non-essential programs helps.

This game is terribly sensitive to potato computers and/or non-optimal connections. The only game I've (briefly) played noticeably worse than POE in this regard is Star Citizen and that game is infamous.
"
Zphyr wrote:

Tweaking settings and cleaning up minimap folders alongside closing non-essential programs, helps.

I am not sure if i would say my laptop is a potato. It used to not have any issues. Gameplay is not an issue either. Just that it boots me out of the game before i am fully logged in.

How do i clean up minimap folders?
"
MBata wrote:
How do i clean up minimap folders?

Go to 'C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile' and delete the Minimap folder's contents. It doesn't do miracles but it may slightly fasten loading time and/or decrease login issues.
Last edited by Zphyr on Feb 6, 2019, 6:17:50 PM
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
shit pc

This is the forum equivalent of "GIT GUD SCRUB" whenever someone asks for help in global chat.
There Is No God But Kuduku And Le Toucan Is His Messenger. O Blessed St. Harambe Who Sitteth On The Right Hand Of Our Lord, Pray For Us Scrubs Now And At The Hour Of Our Shaped Maps, Amen.
i just found out that this game has made thousands of files in places i never was asked permission about and many of them are fucking advertisements for mtx shit.

[Removed by Support]
[Removed by Support] - don't mention the chinese ownership of this game!
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 7, 2019, 2:59:47 PM
"
kyusoath wrote:
i just found out that this game has made thousands of files in places i never was asked permission about and many of them are fucking advertisements for mtx shit.

[Removed by Support]

kyusoath - Joined: Aug 6, 2011

IMHO You are long enough here to know by now (frequenting the forums and reddit) to regularly (at least at the start of every new league) delete the temp files in (Steam) My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile/Minimap and the other temp files (MODTCache etc) which are created for better performance and technical reasons. Otherwise, you would download these every time.

The Minimap file system could probably be improved on (eg automatic deleting, or caching in the ram and not writing on disk, but that would be a problem if your PC crashes and the minimap file (already explored area) would be lost). But is not a top priority, because (1) it is not game breaking per se, and (2) is not "content" as POE is a live service and lives and dies by content updates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info