How to get used to playing Softcore?

umm, even without the penalty of HC, SC is still fun to play. it's still the same game, so I don't honestly see why is it hard for you to play it. you're literally still doing the same thing as you would do on HC, just without having to worry 24/7 and stress yourself when you lose your character do to lag or whatever.
"
LaiTash wrote:
"
Gimme a break. HC players really need to get over them selves.

Triggered, huh?

Are you trying to communicate?
Short introduction:

I'm not a good player, max level is 87 with Juggernaut.
I don't follow build guides.
I play HC SSF only.
Never (had the chance xD) to die of a d/c.
I have had lots of fun with this game, and little complaints, and will have more fun for months to come.

For me the experience/feel is the same as the topic starter.
Playing SC for me feels very boring, i tried a few times but it just seems pointless.

The excitement i experience in HC all the time, has more valua for me than all those high level goals i will mostlikely never achieve.

What would help me have fun in SC is the following:
Allow Softcore players to have a fixed number of lives (9 for example).

So for SC you have two options:
- "unlimited lives" (as it is now)
- choose the predetermined fixed number of lives. (for example 9)

That way i would still not reach all those end game goals, but it would be a bit more forgiving and still have the feel of excitement,
and i would just have more time to enjoy the journey to the eventually unavoidable permanent death.

If you have a good connection than that single d/c death won't end the journey of that character permanently right away.

The first 2/3 rips you think "ah whatever.." but as the number goes down the tension rises :)

Implementing this 'live counter' would not have much impact i would think. There already is a live counter (/deaths),
so there is only a check needed against this new "max_lives" variable. That's it.

And no, manually deleting my char after X deaths would not work for me.

Just my thoughts on the subject.
You don't. Once you experienced the thrill often enough, it is impossible to go back.

I know how I sound and I don't care.
"
ExileViq wrote:
<a bunch of nonsense>

But like

you're complaining about how you can't feel the excitement

even while admitting you've never tried

You just literally don't have the experience to say "I can't feel excited in softcore" until you've tried endgame bosses with your self-proclaimed garbage-tier builds.

If Ziz came in here and said the same thing, I would believe him. Unquestioningly.

But you just don't fucking know??
A wise Australian dude said one time : "Let me simulate hardcore experience for you".

I could also say "Put a macro on it" or rant about getting yourself elderly habbits...
"
umm, even without the penalty of HC, SC is still fun to play. it's still the same game, so I don't honestly see why is it hard for you to play it. you're literally still doing the same thing as you would do on HC, just without having to worry 24/7 and stress yourself when you lose your character do to lag or whatever.

killing a boss or doing anything in soft is basically meaningless. You have no pride. everyone can do it.
"
Deadbringer wrote:
killing a boss or doing anything in soft is basically meaningless. You have no pride. everyone can do it.

"
ESbuild_II
Level 100 Occultist
Hardcore Betrayal League

"
Complete your Syndicate Safehouses (7/100)

Please tell me more about pride, the guy who hit lvl 100 in HC with most meta build ever but who is skipping game content because he afraid to die.

"
killing a boss or doing anything in soft is basically meaningless

So killing a boss is meaningless, but running billion easy maps to hit lvl 100 while avoiding any dangerous content is full of meaning huh?
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Last edited by DivineChampion on Feb 15, 2019, 7:47:39 AM
Initially I also faced similar issues.
Web Design Services @WebbyGiants
"
Gimme a break. HC players really need to get over them selves.

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info