XBOX Trade Market

"
Paynimo wrote:
I dont see why it couldnt go on account by account bases...if a certain account hasnt been active in X amount of days then listings can be temporarly delisted or on hold til the next log in...as well as a certain amount of offers an item gets..with the Offer limit being for those accounts are online or have logged in recently. Nothing againest the seller at all should be done...i understand as others people could take breaks from certain games and this one i see it happening alot. So a time variable would actually be a good way to weed out listing in an unactive players account.

You can include online accounts only in the XB trade window. Are you suggesting something different?

Only occasionally get an AFK seller. After an hour or two while I'm doing other stuff, if I haven't gotten a response I pull the offer. 48 hours seems like a really long time.
"
snp_deimos wrote:

You can include online accounts only in the XB trade window. Are you suggesting something different?

Only occasionally get an AFK seller. After an hour or two while I'm doing other stuff, if I haven't gotten a response I pull the offer. 48 hours seems like a really long time.

From my perspective at least, this issue is about making offers on "off-line" items, something that I find myself steered into when there are no feasible items in the on-line listings (generally for rares with specific requirements like Life plus certain resists). There can often be lower prices on off-line stuff too. When making offers on off-line stuff, I believe that 24 hours is almost the minimum period that you should leave your offer open. The point of excluding items from players who have abandoned the market is to save me waiting 24 or 48 hours to figure that that is the case.

(24 hours to allow for players all over the world to log in and see the offer)
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
"
snp_deimos wrote:

From my perspective at least, this issue is about making offers on "off-line" items, something that I find myself steered into when there are no feasible items in the on-line listings (generally for rares with specific requirements like Life plus certain resists). There can often be lower prices on off-line stuff too. When making offers on off-line stuff, I believe that 24 hours is almost the minimum period that you should leave your offer open. The point of excluding items from players who have abandoned the market is to save me waiting 24 or 48 hours to figure that that is the case.

(24 hours to allow for players all over the world to log in and see the offer)

Got it. You're actively reaching out to all sellers, including offline.

Yeah, would be nice if when a seller posts an item with a price and you match that price, that the transaction would be considered complete regardless of online status.
I hear you ! the part that really drives me nuts is people listing items up for sale with NO price.

The league is pretty much a SSF league half the time due to lack of trading and traders charging 1 ex for everything.

Last edited by Reddog1966 on Feb 17, 2019, 10:34:38 AM
I get that playing on Xbox may feel a little SSF'y at times, but having dabbled in SSF, I do not think that it is not at all close in reality. In SSF, if something does not drop (or get offered by an NPC), you have no recourse other than to grind on. You can't pay double or triple what you think you should in order to get around an obstacle. If you need a map in a pinch, tough luck - always and forever, not just until a map vendor notices your offer. And you cannot get a leg up by buying something that you cannot currently handle the content gating.

I like to think that Xbox play is closer to the game that GGG intends and that the PC game has been corrupted by botting and trade that is way too dominating. In my mind it beats wishing for things to be just like PC ('cause I do not think that is going to happen ...).
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I may contribute to the issue of people having items listed with no price. I default all my tabs to public at the start of a league just in case I have something that someone wants. But, in my defense, I am absolute shit at pricing things.
I don't see an issue of people listing things with no price, I will just simply send a wisdom scroll and ask "Price?". If it's not for sale they will reject me or say "NFS", if it is for sale I get "make offer", or the price they are looking for. It beats not reaching out to them at all because you never know, I've come up on some great items just because people don't know the value or just don't care to mark their stuff up really high like everyone else.
What I don’t understand is why they can’t provide us at least some of the ways the PC excels at trade.

1. Allow tab wide pricing
2. Update the search pop up to something much closer to poe.trade, or poe’s own trade search
3. Remember last search on the pop up
4. Remove items not matching your search or provide way to sort the search.

I’m stunned that this far into the consoles they have not updated this feature. I’m fairly confident that if you look at when poe really took off was around the time they allowed 3rd party sites to look at your premium tabs. This is what is missing for consoles and why, I believe, it has not gained much traction. With the PS4 release right around the corner hopefully GGG has listened and have done some QoL upgrades to this clearly lacking feature of their otherwise brilliant game.
The trade boards for Xbox are officially broken. They don't reflect the creators intended balance or purpose. I don't believe the creators and developers care about the console players experience of this game, rather just use us as a way to boost their statistcs.

that being said, I still love this game and support its creators and dev's, I just wish they would do the right thing and make our experience with the game as it should be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info