XBOX Trade Market

This topic is probably a dead horse but just curious if anyone has seen anything planned for future to improve this system?

I mean, something as simple as a buy out option or something? You literally cross your fingers hoping someone logs in to see your offers / bids etc?

Or maybe would be nice to put an expiration on dead auctions over a 72 hour period or something?

I know were not getting anything as nice as what you can search for on the PC side of the planet but anything to improve this? Bueller?

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2019, 1:16:22 PM
If they don’t accept within 48 hours your offer gets kicked out and you have to resubmit.
Yeah kinda irritating when people arent online for 48 hours and it just auto withdraws. Meanwhile, you tie up your currency in the time period. Just wish there was a buyout option or something and/or all these dead auctions didnt clutter up the searches on console. Meh.
Honestly i doubt they will ever put the interest in console that they put in PC...The market is so messed up as is...1x for a Tabula..just ridiculous cause there is no checks and balance system in place...as well as people just having tabs of loot with no price and checked for selling...then u have to sift through a tons of items to find something and when you do find it...its not even for sale. I feel you pain..its a hassle that needs corrected cause honestly it takes a great feature that PoE has and kills it.
Perhaps something should happen on the seller side when an offer times out?

The item could be de-listed (not appear in any new searches, but existing offers remain in place).

Or all the seller's items could be de-listed.

Reinstating a listing or all listings might require clearing all offers pre-dating the de-listing say - plus logging in of course.

Or something else that cleared out the zombie items for sale. Generally I'm against restricting trade, but the zombie items are hurting trade, not helping in my opinion.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
That's what I was thinking too. Just putting something in place to reduce the clutter off the searches in general because they are "just listed" and when someone goes inactive, they are still there with nobody responding to offers. Its ridiculous that this method is the final product. Has to be some better solutions to implement here.

I came from the PC side years ago and just would rather game on a console now with my kiddos. Spent lots of $$ on MTX in the PC world (sure wish I could have moved that to console?) and I know how phenomenal the searching is for affix/suffix stuff is via poe.trade. This just does nothing to address dead playerbase auctions/listings in the console realm.
I believe back in abyss we tossed around some ideas to solve the AFK tradeboard issue, and none of the options really covered all the holes. It's up to Jefe to decide the fate of that issue and I haven't heard anything from him since then. I'll talk to him probably sunday and see if this is on the radar.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
I agree there should be something done. To ones who zombie the offers...not anything like a ban or strike on the person but could defiantly time out the listing til the player confirms or rejects the offer. And they could clean up the listing by making an item have a PRICE before its listed like as is in poe.trade does..if it doesn't have a price it doesnt get listed. As well as some sort of pie.trade.macro type installment to help with the over pricing and outrageous greed concern in the market atm. But as I said I doubthat they will give console pie the same attention that PC gets...I play both and honestly I enjoy console a lot..easier his and control...but overall ill always take PC over console because of the item and loot struggles of console..building a new room is way easier on PC because of the market..we can hope and pray but I dont see it changing without a console wide boycott or complaint..but those greedy people will never fall in line with us because they are stupidly profitting
My intention was to comment on trades that have timed out - not the much more nuanced "away from joystick". In my mind, they are separate issues that manifest in some similar ways. The AFK/J thing is very tricky and most solutions are more likely to trigger an "arms race" between Devs and practitioners, rather than a lasting change. But timed out buy offers can be identified quite accurately (at least I assume they can - but i guess that experience has shown that you never seem to be entirely sure in that regard with the port).

And I thought that "El Jefe" was quite clear about not revealing any new information on the Discord. Info that possibly affects the working of the "economy" would seem to me to be important enough not to reveal lightly.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
I dont see why it couldnt go on account by account bases...if a certain account hasnt been active in X amount of days then listings can be temporarly delisted or on hold til the next log in...as well as a certain amount of offers an item gets..with the Offer limit being for those accounts are online or have logged in recently. Nothing againest the seller at all should be done...i understand as others people could take breaks from certain games and this one i see it happening alot. So a time variable would actually be a good way to weed out listing in an unactive players account.

Far as a Poe.Trade.Macro type program installed to tame the prices down and get the market values in check wouldnt really be that hard either seeing as we have a loot filter..dont see why a value system couldnt be implemented as well..could be based on recent sales..or could run off poe.ninja pricing info as well..

Just food for thought and some ideas that could literally make the trade market more enjoyable cause right now besides for the few people that do sell items...the whole process is very unrewarding and honestly make league/standard SSF by default because of it. New players arent gonna be able to spend 1x for a Tabula..or 20x for a DrillNeck quiver lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info