Tax season again, so retarded

"
Boem wrote:

If i remember correctly, they utilize a fire ritual to initiate the tree-house where they light a bonfire in a floating basket sort of speak at the center of the house which they eventually drop down.

Which given the context made me go "the fuc*"

It had this totaly counter-intuitive feel to it.

Perhaps im remembering another tree-living tribe but the houses seemed very familiar with the picture you linked so i thought it was there.

It makes more sense if it was them, given your info that they made them for show though :p, sort off but still odd.

Peace,

-Boem-

Oh, right. My google-fu deserted me there, couldn't get a ritual tree house hit.

That is counter-intuitive, lighting a bonfire when you're so far above ground - I guess if the tree houses are real they have fires in them and are practiced at flame management with some retardents on hand at all times, and if not, it's all part of the in-joke XD

"
"
Lennydoom wrote:
I live now in Ukraine and I think this is a problem of all countries and peoples XD

Most, but not all of those jolly folks posting in this thread have no idea what level of hell Eastern European bureaucracy is. Don't tell them, they might end up locked in an asylum!

bureaucracy is on another level due to incompetency, limited hours and antiquated systems, BUT tax evasion is high and everyone does it there.

companies there officially pay minimum wages and sling envelopes with 90% of salary under the table. will suck when these workers grow up and need pension, but by that time they probably will save money or move somewhere else
"
kolyaboo wrote:
"

Lennydoom wrote:
I live now in Ukraine and I think this is a problem of all countries and peoples XD

It is for sure an international menace. Agreed.

When I was in Russia though, I found the tax very simple. There is a flat tax, it is normally withheld and you do not have to file unless you are claiming a rare deduction.

Overrall though, it is getting more stupid everywhere. That's the trend. :(

my cousin's daughter works in Moscow, she is an analytics middle management at a marketing firm, visited her when I was there for the world cup as we are close in age and talk a lot.

she barely pays any tax because officially I think she makes like 15k rubles (~250 dollars ?) a month. damn near poverty level.

in reality she makes over 150k rubles a month and almost all of it comes in straight untrackable cash and she doesnt pay jack shit off it.

and thats a fairly 'hip' private firm, not some government-backed shit. its so common no one even bats an eyelid.

its another world out there in terms of tax vs US, where every little dividend aside government bonds is taxed relentlessly, and unmarried me making 6 figure salary and in california...Im getting buttfucked by both uncle sam and the state.
"
BasilWood wrote:
"
"
faerwin wrote:

Maybe it's a Manitoba thing?

Must be.

I've always had to either do them myself and send them in, or have someone do them for me and send them in.

It is not a "Manitoba thing" - our central Taxation Centre is in Winnipeg is all.
If you submit your T4 to them, they will calculate your taxes and finish them for you.

I've lived in BC all my life and have never been able to just send in my tax stuff, even when I did get T4s, I had to fill out a short form and mail that in. No big deal, but it seems Manitoba may have a different set of rules. (I'm old)
I don't even make a TON of money and im paying into the 5 figures each year in taxes. It's dumb as hell. Can't imagine living in a state like California and paying an extra 13% on top of what I currently pay. Trying to save for a house, or save money for my future family is difficult.

Busting ass at work until your red in the eye so that your money is stolen from you at gunpoint for minimal return in terms of infrastructure & services is extremely lame. And then even when you need those services you pay out the ass for them. If I have to be subjected to taxes, I want to be taxed on the amount of consumption of the services/infrastructure I partake in, not just pay certain amounts based on my income "just because u make this amount hurrrrrr"

Anyone who doesn't make income in this thread should shut up, not all of us are in a position where we can spend our days posting on internet forums pretending to be intelligent & sadly grasping for validation from complete strangers, some of us apply our intelligence for a living.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Feb 17, 2019, 11:44:58 PM
"
Manocean wrote:
I don't even make a TON of money and im paying into the 5 figures each year in taxes. It's dumb as hell. Can't imagine living in a state like California and paying an extra 13% on top of what I currently pay. Trying to save for a house, or save money for my future family is difficult.

Busting ass at work until your red in the eye so that your money is stolen from you at gunpoint for minimal return in terms of infrastructure & services is extremely lame. And then even when you need those services you pay out the ass for them. If I have to be subjected to taxes, I want to be taxed on the amount of consumption of the services/infrastructure I partake in, not just pay certain amounts based on my income "just because u make this amount hurrrrrr"

Anyone who doesn't make income in this thread should shut up, not all of us are in a position where we can spend our days posting on internet forums pretending to be intelligent & sadly grasping for validation from complete strangers, some of us apply our intelligence for a living.

Yeah, I hear ya. I live where there is no state income tax but we have "hidden" taxes here anyway so I'm not sure we are really paying much less than many states (not talking about the ridiculous ones like CA or NY or God help us all NJ).

And if you want to hear lame: any time wife gets a bonus, extra pay for holiday, ANYTHING basically out of the normal 36 hr week, her employer taxes her top rate! Company policy, no one can stop it. :( So it is enforced int free loan to gov't unless I pay less in taxes to make up for it (but that is some time consuming accounting).
Censored.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info