[3.8] Fast Storm Brand Leveling Guide | League Starter | HC/SC

"
ShermanDiablo wrote:

I will tend to use wands unless I find one or two sceptres that are more beneficial for me to use than just +1.

I suggest equipping a 4-link Storm Brand setup at some point between Act 3 and Act 4. At this point start looking out for good stats on wands and use essences when you get them on wand bases. This often yields pretty good results, wands that are kept until maps.

Thanks for the fast reply :-)

I see some people don't level War Banner. Is that because of the Strength requirements?

Oh, and a final question. Why do we take Elemental Overload but no Crit nodes or gear?

Let's hope this build doesn't get nerfed too much. I've been putting quite some time into practicing, thanks to Ziz's video.
"
AquilaOZ wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply :-)

I see some people don't level War Banner. Is that because of the Strength requirements?

Oh, and a final question. Why do we take Elemental Overload but no Crit nodes or gear?

Let's hope this build doesn't get nerfed too much. I've been putting quite some time into practicing, thanks to Ziz's video.

Being inquisitive is fantastic!

For War Banner, the Strength is definitely something we don't want to worry about when swapping in and out gear, especially when we already have to be cautious about our Dexterity. But the benefits of leveling War Banner with the increased Strength requirements are not too worth to us, using our current skill-set.

As a non-crit elemental build we take Elemental Overload. A simple rule of thumb, if we're a crit build we don't take Elemental Overload, if not we take it because it has a very low cost of passive points, and is a straight 40% buff to our Storm Brand damage. If we were to play crit, we would be losing out on a lot of health nodes in order to focus on crit chance/multi, we probably would also not be playing Elementalist anymore.

We usually see OP skills survive a little (rip Cyclone) so I expect Storm Brand will not see a major nerf until 3.7. Armageddon brand may be inline for a buff though.
Is this guide suitable if I want to turn into Sould Rend witch in end-game? Thanks.
Would it be easy enough to adapt this to leveling a scion? I am guessing the league start might be more difficult.
"
FedeS wrote:
Is this guide suitable if I want to turn into Sould Rend witch in end-game? Thanks.

Of course! The point in the guide is to league start you through the story! After that it's all down to you, you can keep playing Storm Brand to farm early currency before respeccing into the Witch build you wish to play!
"
ShermanDiablo wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

Of course! The point in the guide is to league start you through the story! After that it's all down to you, you can keep playing Storm Brand to farm early currency before respeccing into the Witch build you wish to play!

Thanks! And what about ascension? If I want to go Occultist? Or should I end the acts with Elementalist and then change?
"
FedeS wrote:

Thanks! And what about ascension? If I want to go Occultist? Or should I end the acts with Elementalist and then change?

If I were you, I would stick with Elementalist and just get into maps, build up currency and then change ascendancy after finding all trials for Uber lab.
"
aremboldt wrote:
Would it be easy enough to adapt this to leveling a scion? I am guessing the league start might be more difficult.

You 100% could use this for a Scion, naturally your passive tree will take a little longer to get upto Witch/Templar. For your ascendancy I would head towards and take Elementalist, before also going to take Pathfinder which will help with early map clearing.

Obviously it's up to you how you adapt it, but the questline, and sockets will be virtually the same.
dot
"
ShermanDiablo wrote:
"
FedeS wrote:

If I were you, I would stick with Elementalist and just get into maps, build up currency and then change ascendancy after finding all trials for Uber lab.

Thanks. That's what I'll do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info