[3.8] Fast Storm Brand Leveling Guide | League Starter | HC/SC

"
ShermanDiablo wrote:

Thank you for the feedback on the progress! 6 hours is a very respectable time for a story finish. Naturally the game just takes practice to improve your leveling progress, this guide is just the groundwork, the rest is you!

I'd be interested to know what your deaths were to? And if this was a weakness with your gear or your own mistakes?

My fastest practice run was 4:05. Not quite ready to compete in races, hoping to cut off another 30 minutes.

The only deaths I would say were due to gear and not mistakes were my deaths to bleed. I didn't have a bleed flask, but I guess not having that flask is a mistake in itself. I died to Dominus (bleed), Doresso and Kitava (act 10), other deaths were just random mobs killing me as I was running around.

You can see the gear I ended up with here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/pro_tractor/characters
character was called protractor_fast
My topaz ring and helmet are pretty nice but everything else is quite bad I think
"
ShermanDiablo wrote:
"
pro_tractor wrote:
Thanks for the guide. I've never tried speed levelling or monitoring how long it takes me to do anything in this game before but I was able to finish act 10 in 6 hours 2 minutes on Betrayal SSF SC tabbing between the game and your guide. I died about 15 times. I think I'll be able to cut around an hour off the time for the start of the new league now that I'm more familiar with the route - although I probably farm tabula instead of going right for Kitava.

How long does it normally take you to complete?

Cheers!

Thank you for the feedback on the progress! 6 hours is a very respectable time for a story finish. Naturally the game just takes practice to improve your leveling progress, this guide is just the groundwork, the rest is you!

I'd be interested to know what your deaths were to? And if this was a weakness with your gear or your own mistakes?

My fastest practice run was 4:05. Not quite ready to compete in races, hoping to cut off another 30 minutes.

Was it 4:05 for everything up to kitava ?
Started watching some racers lately and if its a kitava act 10 race, a lot of quests and zones are skipped completely
freaking fantastic layout for a leveling guide, really damn g00d compare to alot other guide (for a beginner like me, i really appreciate it) hope you can keep it up and maybe post more other leveling guide for other builds & classes, cheers.
"
Arrensen wrote:

Was it 4:05 for everything up to kitava ?
Started watching some racers lately and if its a kitava act 10 race, a lot of quests and zones are skipped completely

A10 Kitava + Merciless Lab, missing Vilenta and Shakari.

"
XalkyriezzZ wrote:
freaking fantastic layout for a leveling guide, really damn g00d compare to alot other guide (for a beginner like me, i really appreciate it) hope you can keep it up and maybe post more other leveling guide for other builds & classes, cheers.

Thank you for the feedback! I will be looking into creating a few more leveling guides during 3.6 ready for 3.7 for one of the new skills and one melee focused guide. During 3.6 I will be releasing a continuation of this guide for Storm Brand in early maps to end game.

Most of all I hope you enjoy playing the game and experience the end game to the fullest.
Great guide! This detailed breakdown helps alot to optimize the leveling proccess and speeding things up!
This is wonderful. Hoping to start as storm brand in 3.6 and looking forward to your 3.6 update.
Great post, thank you very much!
great post/guide
will be using this as a league starter, then going for a winter orb or any elementalist build
Thanks for a great guide. Can you say something about the choice between Wands and Scepters. The problem I have been having is that BBG and BBB Scepters are hard to find and too expensive to craft at league start. Is there a point where you tend to swap?

When do you think it is worth giving up the +1 to lightning (on a 3-link weapon) and replacing with a 4-link armour on Storm Brand?

PS: I've been building myself a cheat-sheet too. For mine, I also included the recipe crafting reward locations.

Thanks again.
"
AquilaOZ wrote:
Thanks for a great guide. Can you say something about the choice between Wands and Scepters. The problem I have been having is that BBG and BBB Scepters are hard to find and too expensive to craft at league start. Is there a point where you tend to swap?

When do you think it is worth giving up the +1 to lightning (on a 3-link weapon) and replacing with a 4-link armour on Storm Brand?

PS: I've been building myself a cheat-sheet too. For mine, I also included the recipe crafting reward locations.

Thanks again.

I will tend to use wands unless I find one or two sceptres that are more beneficial for me to use than just +1.

I suggest equipping a 4-link Storm Brand setup at some point between Act 3 and Act 4. At this point start looking out for good stats on wands and use essences when you get them on wand bases. This often yields pretty good results, wands that are kept until maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info