[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

"
zakariusqc wrote:
now that the patch note is out, do you think its an improvement for this build or actualy a nerf? the slayer and overall leech is a nerf but scourge arrow now get the *chaos* tag on the skill. there also many change on the tree like the channeling one etc. with a skill tree rework for your build, do you think it might be stronger then before? i will start the league with your build and im curious to know what you think about all those change :)

This build feels like it is mostly untouched.

There are some fairly minor nerfs like Tombfists now rolling without attackspeed - but since they still are BiS due to the intimidate it doesnt matter much.

All the other stuff is untouched.

The channeling changes? eh. Those nodes are mostly for spellcasters and do almost nothing for us (they give spelldamage etc when channeling) - and the phys reduction they give while standing still is not that pertinent since we mirage archer around anyhow.
"
napraen wrote:
First of, excellent guide! I very briefly played it while selling off a flat-abyss stacking Slayer/Jugg Scion that cost over 200+ ex, and while i did keep the 2S Tomb/Bubonic so it wasn't exactly a budget version, this build was pretty close to the effectiveness of another that cost nearly ten times that, so kudos to that.
Some honorable mentions to how eye-opening this was in regards to Shroud considering i used it in other builds, none of them revealed what i saw in this setup and that's a piece of wisdom i'm going to come back to i suspect.

Currently i'm drawing inspiration from this build for another that i might do in the middle of next league, though it will have almost nothing in common aside from Doomfletch as my current thought process goes to Deadeye/PF TS.
Still i'm curious on your guys opinion on the new shaper chest - the one that grants [Gain 5% Of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage per Shaper Item] in this build.
I recon it's probably impossible to compete with 2S Tombfist with 2 GG jewels when it comes to gloves(though we have to wait and see how much 2S uniques will be given the lack of Abyss mod) but it's honestly not that hard to sneak in a shaper items here or there, maybe even GG abyss socket shaper boots for the rich, those i feel can definitely compete with Bubonic.
Given any thought on the chest? Or am i completely wrong in my speculation that it might compete with Shroud.

Btw i always wondered why Light poacher instead of Hale Negator? From my experience HN was vastly better as dying to small hits while leeching was borderline impossible and HN sort of counters the big hits.
- This is mostly in regards to deep delving, the only thing that can actually hit you hard enough in maps was some nasty map mods T16 Syndicate that you didn't one shot or avoid.

Thanks!

The new Shaper Chest sounds good-ish. Its just hard to compete with the shroud if you are also flat-stacking. Which we kinda need to do due to the low basedamage of DoomFletch. Which means Abyss jewels. In the end thats a bit of a numbers game I feel like.

I am not sure where the new chest will end up at - but I reckon it isnt significantly better.

Hale Negator is superior - just really hard to get the right enchant on. And in Delves etc when its easy to get kills for the Lightpoacher the difference between those items is really low.

If you get one with the correct enchant for your choosen skill, use it! :)
Last edited by Cyrix1337 on Mar 6, 2019, 7:01:57 AM
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
napraen wrote:
Btw i always wondered why Light poacher instead of Hale Negator? From my experience HN was vastly better as dying to small hits while leeching was borderline impossible and HN sort of counters the big hits.
- This is mostly in regards to deep delving, the only thing that can actually hit you hard enough in maps was some nasty map mods T16 Syndicate that you didn't one shot or avoid.

Hale Negator is superior - just really hard to get the right enchant on. And in Delves etc when its easy to get kills for the Lightpoacher the difference between those items is really low.

If you get one with the correct enchant for your choosen skill, use it! :)

That's what happened. I found the Lightpoacher with the right enchant first. Because it has resists on it all the rest of my gear was balanced based on those resists so I didn't feel like changing out other gear, jewels, etc. in order to bring my resists back up after swapping over to the Hale Negator. If I had found the HN first, then I'm sure I would have stuck with that. Either way, the build was so strong and the overleech was incredibly powerful. Now that leech has been changed somewhat, the HN may be even a stronger choice if it wasn't already. I think I did eventually pick up a HN in standard during league. I should give that a try now that things are merged.

After playing it though, while the helm enchant does do quite a bit more damage with the extra spore, I was running uber elder using SA with a helm that had the toxic rain enchant on it (because I forgot to change it) without any issues.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Hale Negator if you want to use that in the build guide along with the Lighpoacher:

Last edited by YT_HB on Mar 6, 2019, 2:52:42 PM
Updated the OP with the Hale Negator
ok so far im 71 and, the build is nice, really strong dmg with low investisement BUT the survavibility is quite bad early maping. the build rely ALOT around abyss gear and abyss jewel wich is all late game with lot on currency needed.the leech is kinda lacking so far. i have 0.8% (2 nods) and the leech is noticable only on big pack even if i 1 shot most on the mobs.low leech+vaal pacte=shity sustain. im sure this build is insane when you have everything but early map is dangerous so far and for lab its pretty trash when you have no regen for the trap. il keep pushing but be ready to die with this build.

edit:ho yea i forgot...the doorway....those fking doorway.you cant do shit when there a stack of mobs in a doorway.

Last edited by zakariusqc on Mar 10, 2019, 4:46:37 PM
"
zakariusqc wrote:
edit:ho yea i forgot...the doorway....those fking doorway.you cant do shit when there a stack of mobs in a doorway.

Phase Run is your best friend in these situations. start PR, run through the doorway and then blow stuff up behind you. Either that, or use Rain of Arrows instead in those types of maps.

Once you get the Shroud of Lightless things should work better. In fact, you may want to use a different bow with more phys damage before you have both the Doomfletch Prism and the Shroud. Those work really well together, but without the other, it doesn't really shine. Either more phys on the bow, or focus more on one element - such as lightning with the tempest. That cheap bow can actually get you into yellow maps pretty easily with Rain of Arrows.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Thanks!

The new Shaper Chest sounds good-ish. Its just hard to compete with the shroud if you are also flat-stacking. Which we kinda need to do due to the low basedamage of DoomFletch. Which means Abyss jewels. In the end thats a bit of a numbers game I feel like.

I am not sure where the new chest will end up at - but I reckon it isnt significantly better.

Thanks for the reply and the insight.
I guess i undervalue how much the jewel socket matters in shroud.

There's a new synthesised base for ring that gives 11-12% global physical damage do you think it's any good or mark of the elder+shaper ring is gonna blow it out the water?
"
napraen wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply and the insight.
I guess i undervalue how much the jewel socket matters in shroud.

There's a new synthesised base for ring that gives 11-12% global physical damage do you think it's any good or mark of the elder+shaper ring is gonna blow it out the water?

It's not so much the jewel socket (although that does make a difference in the long run), but the elemental penetration of all 3 elements. Shroud gives 37% penetration for all three elements which is huge with the Doomfletch Prism. That's the main reason that they're such a good pair.
"
zakariusqc wrote:
ok so far im 71 and, the build is nice, really strong dmg with low investisement BUT the survavibility is quite bad early maping. the build rely ALOT around abyss gear and abyss jewel wich is all late game with lot on currency needed.the leech is kinda lacking so far. i have 0.8% (2 nods) and the leech is noticable only on big pack even if i 1 shot most on the mobs.low leech+vaal pacte=shity sustain. im sure this build is insane when you have everything but early map is dangerous so far and for lab its pretty trash when you have no regen for the trap. il keep pushing but be ready to die with this build.

Thats not quite how leech works. You need more Damage to make it work mostly - so try to get Shroud if you can as soon as you can! :) With it all those problems most likely will just go away.

Other then that: YT_HB wrote quite a bit and linked a video on leveling at the last page. I will add those things to the OP as well. Maybe that will help you out.

Cheers!
Updated PoB link for 3.6 (not much changed - updated some nodes and stuff.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info