[3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

Do you have a recommendation for gear for leveling up to getting the recommended/required stuff?

I thought I saw this in your guide before, but must have been mistaken - it's not there now.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I am an idiot: It was under POB links/leveling guide, couldn't ask for more!

Great guide, I am doing this!
Last edited by WhoDoYouBoo on May 4, 2019, 1:27:15 PM
"
WhoDoYouBoo wrote:
Do you have a recommendation for gear for leveling up to getting the recommended/required stuff?

I thought I saw this in your guide before, but must have been mistaken - it's not there now.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I am an idiot: It was under POB links/leveling guide, couldn't ask for more!

Great guide, I am doing this!

... :D

You are welcome, I guess! :)
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Welcome Exile!

Talent Tree/Leveling Tips:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.3/AAAABAABAQJfBbUIZwiJCdkRgRR1Fr8YVhm0Go0byCBZIXYj9iT9JpUqOC2oMHwx-jWSNj031DnUOuFEJUd-SshM_02STeNOKlFHVUtW-lsmW69daF85YN5h4mHrYqxjp2VNapNsjG1sbqpvO3BSdf1293fXeA14-XpTe8N9dX7dfyt_-4GsguSEb4bOidOKr4rwjAuMNo19jbmNv5ARkzqVBZrxmyabLZtdnMSdqqCfpAykwqZXp9Somqi7qXmwq7VItfK3IrfWuXy7470nvTa-gL6nwBrBM8SCxKLKRsqpz3rP3dN-1CPUQtZY2L3bWd1G4q3kauXm51TndOjW7LDtP-4O73rxivJF8pf3ff1u_gr-j_66_sj_3g==?accountName=YT_HB&characterName=YT_scion

Of note in the tree is the small ManaLeech node close to Vaal Pact - this enables us to leech Mana! Do not forget to take it, it is important!

As mentioned in the Jewel section the Scion nodes outside the Lifecluster are not all that important. When leveling use your points to path down to VaalPact directly since you will not be able to start your tree from the Duelist node till your second Lab. During the leveling process you will get more then enough respecc points from quests to undo those couple of points and repath your tree once you are able to do so.

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Guru1619/characters?characterName=GurusDoomHerald

With the Mana Leech node I'm still running out of mana when using Herald of Ice, Ash and Purity for some reason(still leveling so could just be I'm missing something gear/tree wise. Should I bother adding another manaleech node or just leave another Herald off for the moment? Or do nothing and hope it will get better as I get further and find better gear?

Also, in the leveling section you have it shown in the picture as 1st and 1 point form 2nd Lab is going to Duelist Slayer and then into the Witch Elementalist side with the the remaining 2nd Lab point and 3rd Lab points. Then 4th Lab into finishing the duelist Ascendancy. You put "since you will not be able to start your tree from the Duelist node till your second Lab." further down in that same post. This can't be done until at least completing the 3rd lab(at the soonest) if we go straight for it instead of going for Elementalist, right? Still learning all the nuances so I could be completely missing something here hehe.
"
Guru1619 wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
Welcome Exile!

Talent Tree/Leveling Tips:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.3/AAAABAABAQJfBbUIZwiJCdkRgRR1Fr8YVhm0Go0byCBZIXYj9iT9JpUqOC2oMHwx-jWSNj031DnUOuFEJUd-SshM_02STeNOKlFHVUtW-lsmW69daF85YN5h4mHrYqxjp2VNapNsjG1sbqpvO3BSdf1293fXeA14-XpTe8N9dX7dfyt_-4GsguSEb4bOidOKr4rwjAuMNo19jbmNv5ARkzqVBZrxmyabLZtdnMSdqqCfpAykwqZXp9Somqi7qXmwq7VItfK3IrfWuXy7470nvTa-gL6nwBrBM8SCxKLKRsqpz3rP3dN-1CPUQtZY2L3bWd1G4q3kauXm51TndOjW7LDtP-4O73rxivJF8pf3ff1u_gr-j_66_sj_3g==?accountName=YT_HB&characterName=YT_scion

Of note in the tree is the small ManaLeech node close to Vaal Pact - this enables us to leech Mana! Do not forget to take it, it is important!

As mentioned in the Jewel section the Scion nodes outside the Lifecluster are not all that important. When leveling use your points to path down to VaalPact directly since you will not be able to start your tree from the Duelist node till your second Lab. During the leveling process you will get more then enough respecc points from quests to undo those couple of points and repath your tree once you are able to do so.

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Guru1619/characters?characterName=GurusDoomHerald

With the Mana Leech node I'm still running out of mana when using Herald of Ice, Ash and Purity for some reason(still leveling so could just be I'm missing something gear/tree wise. Should I bother adding another manaleech node or just leave another Herald off for the moment? Or do nothing and hope it will get better as I get further and find better gear?

Also, in the leveling section you have it shown in the picture as 1st and 1 point form 2nd Lab is going to Duelist Slayer and then into the Witch Elementalist side with the the remaining 2nd Lab point and 3rd Lab points. Then 4th Lab into finishing the duelist Ascendancy. You put "since you will not be able to start your tree from the Duelist node till your second Lab." further down in that same post. This can't be done until at least completing the 3rd lab(at the soonest) if we go straight for it instead of going for Elementalist, right? Still learning all the nuances so I could be completely missing something here hehe.

You should leave a herald off until you get an enlighten in the skill links.
"
HyppyDyppy wrote:

You should leave a herald off until you get an enlighten in the skill links.

I'm only using Purity, Ash and Ice, which leaves off Thunder. Still have it in a socket for exp gains though.
removed
Last edited by BaneWilliams on May 21, 2019, 9:38:14 AM
Very nice guide, thanks for that. I really hate Roa though, which support Gem should I put in for a perfect Scourge Arrow 6-link Setup if I take out Roa?
"
bavid wrote:
Very nice guide, thanks for that. I really hate Roa though, which support Gem should I put in for a perfect Scourge Arrow 6-link Setup if I take out Roa?

If you take Rain of Arrows out of your Scourge Arrow 6-link? O.o

Well, first of all we put our attack skill into the Shroud of the lightless - thats a 5link.
Then we do not really put two attack skills into the same link since thats a waste - we can swap one for the other if we want to do that.

Are you by chance meaning Mirage Archer?
Oh right, I forgot that shroud is only a 5 link...
I hope Scourge arrow will feel better to play now with the changes to doorways.
No idea why I though that you put two attack skills in one link, which I was wondering about.
Should we still stick to infused channeling even though it got changed in the patch? And do you think the Abyss Jewel nerf will hit this build too hard?
Last edited by bavid on Jun 5, 2019, 3:02:06 AM
Do you know if this build is still viable for Legion when it releases? I know there's a major change to immortal call but wasn't sure about the other skills and my husband and I love the build. If it's still viable, we'll be using it for Legion!

Thanks so much for a fun build!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info