Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Youre missing the takeway point.

The QQ won't help you, the damage is already done. They won't start completely changing their game, especially not since one of the oldest known things is that gamers HATE to have their stuff that they love removed from them again - it needs a very good reason to do that.

This doesn't make sense. You're saying "completely changing their game" as if changing broken things to fix the game is bad, and you also say "stuff they love removed" which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what fixing melee gems would be doing - fixing, not removing

Nope, now you are putting words in my mouth.

The amount of things, items, abilties skills etc with superior mechanics. The amount of monsters density, things that can spawn them like strongboxes etc. Even things like drop distribution between normal/magic/rare elite bosses etc, time distribution it takes to kill same. Game would have to be radically changed and nerfed many of the things people love the aoe clearing abilties. All of these things lends itself to aoe clear meta and while i don't disagree it would be nice for melee to get improvements it's just not possible as it for it to fully catch up without artificially making them overpowered for example versus bosses just to influence statistics in the worst way.

And if your criteria for enjoyment is they must be equal in all aspects, then you are gonna be unhappy forever.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 14, 2019, 12:47:10 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
They won't start completely changing their game, especially not since one of the oldest known things is that gamers HATE to have their stuff that they love removed from them again - it needs a very good reason to do that.

This doesn't make sense. You're saying "completely changing their game" as if changing broken things to fix the game is bad, and you also say "stuff they love removed" which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what fixing melee gems would be doing - fixing, not removing

Nope, now you are putting words in my mouth.

Uhh... those are direct quotes?

I'm didn't ask for all the skills to be the same, I just asked for all skills to either have:
Inherent aoe
Inherent movement
Inherent projectile component

Any skill that lacks all of these is usually very bad
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 14, 2019, 1:07:19 PM
Lol. Are you trolling now? Read my post it has all your answers i won't be replying to nonsense.

And just for your info, i didn't post in this thread in answer to your posts. So when you single out something i respond to what you tell me, but i didn't even see you posting when i posted. So all of this stuff youre saying about earlier and bla bla it's quite irrevelant to my points. I just answered you on what you commented on mine.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 14, 2019, 1:06:24 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Lol. Are you trolling now? Read my post it has all your answers i won't be replying to nonsense.

And just for your info, i didn't post in this thread in answer to your posts. So when you single out something i respond to what you tell me, but i didn't even see you posting when i posted. So all of this stuff youre saying about earlier and bla bla it's quite irrevelant to my points. I just answered you on what you commented on mine.

I did read your post, it contained comments we have already been through and regardless of who you were replying to it still has content that doesn't make sense to me

You people keep acting like I'm just here to argue with you. I do not care who is right and who is wrong, but I do care WHAT is correct and what is incorrect

When you say the entire game would have to be changed to make melee viable and I've already said 10 times that I'd like to see melee splash be deleted and made inherent to the skills it applies to or make flicker a support skill... so I don't think the entire game needs to be redesigned
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 14, 2019, 1:20:18 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

You people keep acting like I'm just here to argue with you. I do not care who is right and who is wrong, but I do care WHAT is correct and what is incorrect

is this a parody now?
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

is this a parody now?

"But melee is tanky" as an argument for tradeoff with slower speed when it also takes way more incoming damage, THAT'S a parody
-----
Bug Fixes:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

is this a parody now?

"But melee is tanky" as an argument for tradeoff with slower speed when it also takes way more incoming damage, THAT'S a parody

i see.

you think that with 82% block and a ton of mitigation... i was taking "way more" damage. well, this is in line with your other claims.

i guess that's how i tanked aul.

still waiting for you to show me your KB gladiator tanking aul.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
What went wrong with this topic?

I agree with the OP, melee feels severely underpowered and much more gear-reliant than magic or ranged builds.
"
Außenseiter wrote:
What went wrong with this topic?

GGG and GGG white-knights is what went wrong.

There is no forum moderation, and trolls and delusional know-nothings are allowed to spew any old nonsense and it's not removed nor the posters punished for derailing the OPs topic.

Obviously, non-melee does way less dmg and takes way more damage than other builds.

So, those two facts need to be addressed- bow skills should either have proj TTL of under a second, or pierce and chain should have maximums, and "cannot chain but hasn't yet used it's all of it's chains (even tho it technically has 0), so it gets 'always at maximum chains' as a modifier" shouldn't be a thing.

Spell, minions, totems, mines, and bow builds deal too much damage as a ratio of how much damage they take.

Those builds should have their capacity to deal damage reduced, and should not have access to damage mitigation nodes/items or movement skills.

Trivialized boss mechanics where you press your spell button once and the boss and the entire screen die without a chance for the caster to take damage need to be addressed.

But GGG don't want people to have to "play" the game, they have willfully designed a game where you find OP shit and AFK farm to lvl 100.
Last edited by Orca_Orcinus on Feb 14, 2019, 6:10:57 PM
"
robmafia wrote:

i see.

you think that with 82% block and a ton of mitigation... i was taking "way more" damage. well, this is in line with your other claims.

i guess that's how i tanked aul.

still waiting for you to show me your KB gladiator tanking aul.

If you're forced to face tank to deal damage (because melee), you're taking more damage, right?

As a consequence you are given the ability to tank more damage, in fairness, so you can play as melee without dying. That's the trade off.

But you are not given any trade off for being slower.

You agree? No?
-----
Bug Fixes:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info