Melee needs Tuning - ASAP, Like Yesterday

"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
"
etkratos wrote:

I had to sound like that to prove that sounding like that isn't the best way to prove an argument. And the premise was to make clear i didn't want to sound like that, but i had to.

ALSO YOU DARE QUESTIONING GLARE? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU????

Well... You've combined Lioneyes with spider. If its for the hinder; Temp chains is leagues beyond hinder. The dmg bonus of spider is strong but has no synergy with lioneyes. Unfortunately ele hit probably made you feel glorious no matter what trash ball things you did with it.

I don't wanna totally rip you, looks like you tend to use watcher slots for defensive purposes, gathering chaos res for this league shows some awareness beyond ele hit choice.

But ya... Your build is stupid but carried by ele hit meme. You didn't even scale the juicy phys roll on the bow! Shaper ammy mods with that kind of base phys... jesus christ man. Shock coulda been a flask slot, gains would have been best in slot. As much as I disagree with tangenting off this heavily I really just wish I hadn't seen you talk shit about builds and how the game works.

Yes my build is stupid. I mean, i know it is. What i don't understand is why you're so concerned about it???
"
etkratos wrote:

In the end if you wanna use your personal player level as a way to win an argument you need to be prepared to lose arguments by the same standard.

"
theD4nk0wl wrote:
"
etkratos wrote:

In the end if you wanna use your personal player level as a way to win an argument you need to be prepared to lose arguments by the same standard.

Dud you didn't bother to read all eh. It's ok, is a long thread.

Another player was doing what you just quoted. Not me. I did the same to prove that what you quoted is wrong. We should discuss arguments not ppl.

Hope all clear?

EDIT:

Anyway since i have nothing to do.

ASPECT OF SPIDER: dmg and hindrance in a 25% reservation. Not affected by boss curse reduction nor hexproof status. Can't see why it conflict with glare since i also use point blank.

AMMY: shock applied by attacks scale progressively, while shock from flask is fixed value. And i have no flask to drop without compromising defense. Not to mention the dmg x ele status is quite nice and act as a multiplier. So the shaped ammy is a really -stupid- idea (to use your own terminology)

Glare: Nobody scale flat phys on a ele hit build, would be converted at 50% efficency anyway. the base dmg on the skill itself alone is enough for most of the game. The far shot and 100% chance to hit help crits and consistency while clearing.

Again, as a budget build, she does quite well lulz.

And dude, since you seem to be here to call me out for bullshits, i would like to see where i did spread bad info about game mechanics. Really curious:P

EDIT 2: Nah someone just told me a possible reason why you could be "happened" here lol. Hope's not true cuz would be.... pathetic. And if you wanna argue about someone else build at least get some facts straight next time bro.

BEST REGARDS

Last edited by etkratos on Feb 10, 2019, 6:18:49 AM
"
etkratos wrote:
And if you wanna argue about someone else build at least get some facts straight next time bro.

the irony is overwhelming.

this is exactly what you just did. haha
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
johnce6 wrote:

You posted a consecrated path build...I don't even need to ask whether you play SC or HC; what a joke. You clearly speak with only a one league view.

Your argument has evolved into: "There is nothing wrong with melee. Melee is fine because 3 gems are viable and the rest are trash and this is ok."

LOL....yeah nothing wrong here folks no improvements or changes needed. Everything sucks for the most part and that is how it should stay.

As long as there is a 2 or 3 gem meta for you to run on Soft Core things are perfectly fine.

[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Melee skills are viable, it is the competitiveness compared to ranged that is not. you can clear all with melee, you just won t win the ladder race-map clear speed.

Also it would be nice that a skill like blink arrow/mirror arrow was adapted for melee.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 10, 2019, 1:52:37 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
etkratos wrote:
And if you wanna argue about someone else build at least get some facts straight next time bro.

the irony is overwhelming.

this is exactly what you just did. haha

GOOD MORNING ROB. Happy to see you again and happy to see you ready to fight again:P

Care to prove when and where i did what you just say i did?

WILL MAKE THIS EASY: I like your build lul. I was talking about how well it would fare vs specific content cuz i know that content somewhat well.

(also your buddy doesn't know what he's talking about. Juicy phys roll??? Glare is a 5 c weap with like 320 max pdps? lulz, YOUR MACE GOES HIGHER. and he even wanted me to scale that dmg. IN A ELE HIT BUILD. He didn't want to rip me but surely he love to rip himself

He just jumped in to attack the poor me :( WONDER WHY)

LET'S FIGHT!

Last edited by etkratos on Feb 10, 2019, 6:50:02 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The ironic thing about this quote is that it's not even true. It's a long story but basically everything he's talking about here was factually proven false weeks ago and he's still talking about it. Then wonders why I call him a liar all the time.

WAT

not only is it all true, but your char tab/achievements/post history proved it.

someone even posted screenshots.

ROFL

[Removed by Support]

Go read the thread again. [Removed by Support]
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 10, 2019, 9:41:17 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

When most of us talk about melee being shit, we are talking about specific gems.

this just gets better and better.

if "melee is shit" is supposed to mean some "specific gems" "are shit,"

then...

'ranged is shit'

and

'spells are shit'

and

'aoe gems are shit'

ie: the point is shit. and moot.

every class type has some inferior skills. but now you're just backpedaling for the umpteenth hundredth time. if you want to argue about viper strike, don't literally argue about "melee," instead.

It's funny to me that you keep calling it a "backpedal" when I've been literally saying the same fucking thing for weeks. In order to "backpedal" my position would need to have changed at some point. Clearly you don't know what the word "backpedal" means.

Should I link to the FIRST THREAD, the one that started BEFORE we even started talking on this one, where I very clearly stated which gems I am referring to?

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
WAT.

now this is about pretending that melee is somehow worse?

make a gladiator. be +/- immortal. how awful.

Being immortal, if you can call it that, is not the same as clearing content at the same pace as a meta build. GOTTAGOFAST is what defines POE in 2019, and REAL melee gems have no place in that world.

This post was made on Jan 26th. The first post in this thread was made on Feb 1st.
Beyond that, I specified on Jan 27th exactly what gems I was referring to:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I'm comparing real melee gems (heavy strike, glacial hammer, viper strike, anything requiring melee splash and a namelock under default conditions) and their typical builds to ranged classes and their typical builds. I'm comparing their damage output over time and area (IE, clearspeed) relative to how they survive damage (be that by stacking defenses or by simply not being in danger).

So the "backpedal" claim is pretty obviously factually bullshit. Just like your level 90 hc claim was proven false, just like your lab claim was proven false, anyone with a simple google search can find this information.

[Removed by Support], I'll break it down into the most specific terms:
1. Rank order all the gems in terms of safety (as in, average incoming damage taken relative to health pool), wealth generation, and xp generation
2. Specify which ones are melee, ranged attack (this is, basically, what reave is, NOT what the gem tag says), close-spells, and ranged spells
3. The "real melee" gems (YOU KNOW WHAT IM FUCKING TALKING ABOUT BY NOW IM PRETTY FUCKING SURE) are overwhelmingly at the bottom

You do or do not agree with this point?
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Feb 10, 2019, 9:43:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info