The game started overheating my GPU lately and crashing every couple of minutes

Recently my GPU started to go over 70°C and when it reaches 80°C the game crashes for some reason,i have no idea why this is happening.

It could be that i had to put a different fan on my GPU but it's stable in every other game,but whenever i try playing PoE it keeps crashing...This is one of the errors i got:

http://prntscr.com/mfe71k
Last bumped on Feb 2, 2019, 5:17:23 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The game cannot make your gpu overheat. If your gpu is overheating it is because your cooling solution is failing you somehow.

Since you just replaced your fan, its probably the problem. Your other games arent crashing because they arent generating enough heat. What gpu by the way, 70-80c is fairly cool for most gpus. If replacing your fan also included removing the heatsink, did you also replace the thermal interface? If not that is almost certainly the culprit. However, crashing at that low temp could also indicate failing hardware, depends on the exact gpu.

Depending on how long your gpu was being used before you noticed and replaced the fan, it could already be damaged.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 1, 2019, 6:55:27 PM
"
tramshed wrote:
The game cannot make your gpu overheat.

PoE can. And did earlier.

There were couple of cases (since 2013) when new patch (usually new league WITH new content in Standard) made GPU to work at 101% (hyperbole).

And A LOT of people (with "clean non-dusty PC") reported 90°C and more (up to 110°C).

GGG confirmed that as well, (re)programmed something in their wonderful code and temperatures reverted to normal after "hotfix patch".
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
A properly functioning GPU can run at 100% load 100% of the time without overheating. This is also the case with CPUs. There are programs like Prime95 and FurMark that specifically load the CPU/GPU to max for hours on end to check for stability. If your machine crashes while running one or the other, its a sure sign of instability, usually due to overheating. Though it can also be due to incorrectly configured hardware settings or otherwise failing hardware.

If you are experiencing overheating it is a hardware, not software, problem. Denying it will only further damage your hardware. Any overheating in a pc is a serious problem that will inevitably shorten the life of your hardware. Your cooling solution is failing you somewhere and you should be focusing your efforts on fixing it.

To give you an example: If your car overheated if you drove faster than 30, you wouldnt demand all the speed limits changed to 30. You would fix your radiator.

90C, while warm, is perfectly within the acceptable operating temps of most GPUS.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 2, 2019, 4:26:06 PM
i would agree with @tramshed here.
What PoE can do when the code is bad, is forcing your hardware to performe at it's maximum capacity to run the game and if it then crashes because of heat then it's something you need to fix.
Yes, GGG can change code so the game doesn't need 100% performens but that is like comparing apples and bananas.

So get the 2 program that @tramshed told you abot and start testing your pc under 100% load.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info