unexpected disconnection occured since last patch

That's how it looks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQnosG5-cgw
Before the 3.5.3 patch last time i got this error was before ive got ssd
now it happens on every map
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2019, 6:32:32 AM
I have the exact problem here. Home latency on level 30-40ms, and yet i am getting random freaking lag spikes and DC to menuscreen. Pretty frustratic, and all of it started since the last patchFix...
Having the same issue since today. Constant lags, game freezing for couple seconds constantly. For me, it's not quiting to menu, it stays in the game, but it's unplayable.
Ping spikes, long same-ping lags - those are just packet loss IMHO, which the client intereprets as one ping value.

I've checked my connection, switched gateways, game is unplayable right now.
EDIT: responded to the wrong thread
Last edited by Vextralis on Feb 5, 2019, 3:42:09 PM
Of note: no ping spikes when you run around and do nothing (also in hideout and towns?). But ping spikes when you kill stuff, to the point where the ping spike is so bad that the connection times out/instance crashes. Is the map still available after you log in again? Or is the map lost/all remaining portals close or the error message when trying to enter the map again? Same problem in Act 9 areas?

If it was introduced with the last patch. Then GGG will probably know about it by now and is working on a patch.

But to be doubly sure use:

(1) WinMTR and or PingPlotter https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1377789/page/1#p11291009
(1.1) instead of using the speedtest url. Use the last IP the client connected to and you were disconnected from. To be found in the Path of Exile install folder (Steam/Standalone) logs\Client.txt. The IP should be at the very bottom.

"

[DATE] [TIME] [NUMBER] dc [INFO Client 18504] Connecting to instance server at 63.251.253.108:6112

And let WinMTR and or PingPlotter run for 2-5 minutes. If there are no outsized ping spikes (and no packet loss), then it is a POE client - Server problem (eg bug introduced in the last patch (under certain circumstances eg a skill, item or support gem combination) that overloads something-something that lags you out). GGG will have error logs on these things I am sure.

Which can also be verified, if it is reproducible or not with a new char. Do you lag out running through Act 1 killing mobs with a new char?

Which then leaves you the option to find out what is 'overloading' the system that the instance crashes (GGG will have log of that) and you timeout: start with removing all gems and use only ONE skill gem. if the same problem happens with just one gem in the gear. remove gear one by one. if everything is ok, start adding support gems one by one and run a test for each added support gem.
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Feb 7, 2019, 6:15:44 PM
I keep having the same problem whenever I'm killing enemies, it's starting to get frustrating. I thought it was the gateway I was using, but the same thing happened with another one. What's even going on?
This has also started happening to me in the last 24hrs. Prior to this everything was running nicely.

GGG are you aware of any issues server side that may be affecting players connectivity?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info