[3.6] Indigon Winter Orb- Fast, Tanky, High Damage |Deathless U.Elder, T16 easy farm

Nice build, thx for sharing. First time ever I managed deathless uber elder :)
thx for the tips....

This is my result:
https://pastebin.com/fV5ZkVbr

but still wip...need tips, its my 2nd and 1st real built...still on noob stage
With the upcoming nerf to Winter Orb, would Divine Ire be an alternative? Given that most builds are using it primarily as cold damage anyway. Or go for Ice Spear instead?
It doesn't have to be a cold spell. What had clicked here is the great synergy between Indigon and Worb and likewise with (old) poet's pen volatile dead. For that reason, blade vortex could be a closer replacement I think but let's see.
But Warlord's Mark is getting nerfed too. Would severely impact our mana leech no?
Winter Orb
Deals 30 to 37 cold damage at gem level 1 (from 25 to 31), up to 232 to 291 at gem level 20 (from 232 to 289).
Base duration is now 1.2 seconds (from 0 base duration, building solely on stages).
Now states that increases and reductions to cast speed now also apply to projectile frequency (actual behaviour is unchanged).
Now has a 20% reduced target acquisition range.
Now fires projectiles every 1.6 seconds (from every 0.8 seconds)
Now gains 25% increased duration per stage (from +0.4 seconds to base duration per stage).
Now has 100% more projectile frequency while channelling.

This doesn't seem a killer. Damage is down 50% if you stop channelling, but you should be doing that often enough on this build to dump mana.

Warlord's Mark
Now allows you to leech Life and Mana from cursed enemies with Attacks only, rather than from any source of damage.

This is probably the bigger issue and affects all spellcasters. Spell life leech is easy to replace but mana leech is a challenge. With no mana leech it would cut the damage by about half and survivibility takes a hit as well with MOM. Most direct fix would be to replace one gem (LMP or hypothermia) with mana leech which would be a significant loss. Any better alternatives!?
"
desmondk07 wrote:
Warlord's Mark
Now allows you to leech Life and Mana from cursed enemies with Attacks only, rather than from any source of damage.

This is probably the bigger issue and affects all spellcasters. Spell life leech is easy to replace but mana leech is a challenge. With no mana leech it would cut the damage by about half and survivibility takes a hit as well with MOM. Most direct fix would be to replace one gem (LMP or hypothermia) with mana leech which would be a significant loss. Any better alternatives!?

No, there are not.

Warlord's mark "rework" is just the worst "balance" change I have seen in a long time. Spellcasters were already literally forced to use that curse since there are no spell mana leech nodes on the passive tree or on gear.

Oh well, this is the melee league! Welcome to classic GGG's meta shift thing.
Next league warlord's mark will only work for spell , let's wait ! ...^^'

This build miss me...
Last edited by Elf_97 on Jun 29, 2019, 7:56:46 AM
i never played this build before the current melee league patch, but im trying it right now and it seems to be fine. i've probably invested like 15ex? but that's including 21/20 or 21/23 main link gems (~1ex each except 21/23 leech for 50 chaos; 21/23 worb was only 1.1ex), a 2 mod watchers eye (4?), 6 link cloak of defiance (5ex), and went through quite a few different rings so i can balance wise oak. the build was going just fine with level 18/unqualitied mainlink gems.

im sure it used to be better no doubt, haven't bothered to clear uber elder with this build yet but mapping feels decent. cwdt steelskin is very nifty and i've been grabbing rings with int for mana and crafting +mana and % dmg taken gained as mana. it doesn't insta-clear legion mobs like huge cyclone builds or ed/contagion but it still does fine enough honestly. looked at desmonk07's current progress and picked up a militant faith like the one he has--it's a nice addition. it's pretty durable as long as you aren't caught low mana before a big hit but if you just chill for a second on casting with the insane regen you'll be fine except for maybe like shaper/elder slams or insane mods on bosses/crits. the damage is enough to zoom through maps without really paying much attention to mobs. still works even though "melee league"
"
desmondk07 wrote:
It doesn't have to be a cold spell. What had clicked here is the great synergy between Indigon and Worb and likewise with (old) poet's pen volatile dead. For that reason, blade vortex could be a closer replacement I think but let's see.

Hey DK,

Are you still playing this build in 3.8? I am playing a trickster version And was wondering if absence of mana leech will be a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info