Text chat may have more limitations to implement then people are aware.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
Thanks.

Myself and others would have no idea about any of these rumors that things are being worked on for us without this post. A little bit of anything from GGG about these on this forum would do wonders if you care to pass that along (or they see this)...

I don't really care to use Discord for my own reasons, but that should not be the only place things are talked about by Devs honestly.
My participation in this community ran discord doesn't involve any information which isn't public knowledge. I'm active during patch periods to have immediate feedback so I can quickly address issues live as they arise. Otherwise my engagement with users on the discord is as another gamer. Information from third parties should be taken as rumour unless you see new posts, or posts directly from a GGG staff member on the forums.

But Jeff you do not talk to us.

We have voiced many concerns over many things on here.

You have not come in to say "Hey we know you have many concerns over the game as it is now. And please be assured that we are working on these issues and many more. Please be patient with us. We can't give you an ETA yet as we do not want to disappoint you when that ETA comes and goes and it still has not been addressed"

You only come in on Patches, that is what 1 once maybe 2 times a month.

There as no Xbox announcement for the What we are working on, or Future Development that was announced for the PC a week or so ago.

We are feeling like we have been pushed aside and that you do not take the Xbox community seriously.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
Thanks.

Myself and others would have no idea about any of these rumors that things are being worked on for us without this post. A little bit of anything from GGG about these on this forum would do wonders if you care to pass that along (or they see this)...

I don't really care to use Discord for my own reasons, but that should not be the only place things are talked about by Devs honestly.
My participation in this community ran discord doesn't involve any information which isn't public knowledge. I'm active during patch periods to have immediate feedback so I can quickly address issues live as they arise. Otherwise my engagement with users on the discord is as another gamer. Information from third parties should be taken as rumour unless you see new posts, or posts directly from a GGG staff member on the forums.

This^. Jeff has always made sure that anything he says in there is something that has already been made public (99.9% of the time here on these forums).

Jeff's unique interaction in the discord is solely the ability to chat in real time and get further explanation, faster and easier than his ability to do the same here on the forums.

We don't get those juicy leaks, even though we beg him for them all the time lol. And as I said about the QOL stuff on PS4, tis but a rumor exile.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the discord, it's definitely not for everyone. If you care to speak on that further, feel free to pm me :)
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

https://discord.gg/UCshcMS
"
xPeleusx wrote:
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
Thanks.

But Jeff you do not talk to us.

We have voiced many concerns over many things on here.

You have not come in to say "Hey we know you have many concerns over the game as it is now. And please be assured that we are working on these issues and many more. Please be patient with us. We can't give you an ETA yet as we do not want to disappoint you when that ETA comes and goes and it still has not been addressed"

You only come in on Patches, that is what 1 once maybe 2 times a month.

There as no Xbox announcement for the What we are working on, or Future Development that was announced for the PC a week or so ago.

We are feeling like we have been pushed aside and that you do not take the Xbox community seriously.

I understand the pain, we all do. But I feel like I need to redirect your message a little.

Jeff is the lead console dev, but he is not the community manager. That would be Bex. We don't have our own community manager, we have Bex. Bex is the one who would fulfill the role you are asking from Jeff. His interaction in the discord is limited to patch times where he works through bugs and glitches in the matrix with users in real time (something he cannot do on the forums), and the rest is spent as just another player enjoying POE on Xbox.

Chris and Bex on reddit is an awesome team, a few of the others join in too and Chris especially is extremely attentive to all forms of communication with the players. However, I personally don't expect that level of activity from Jeff on there because we really do get shit on as xbox players on the reddit. None of our posts gain traction and nothing Xbox specific stays there for long. As such, he's limited to here and the console discord.

I feel that we do deserve more dev presence and response here, it might even boost activity here (currently, the posts per day is abysmally low). But that would be for Bex to step up in, and you can pm her on Twitter (easiest way to reach her).
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

"
Avic_Hybana wrote:

I understand the pain, we all do. But I feel like I need to redirect your message a little.

Jeff is the lead console dev, but he is not the community manager. That would be Bex. We don't have our own community manager, we have Bex. Bex is the one who would fulfill the role you are asking from Jeff. His interaction in the discord is limited to patch times where he works through bugs and glitches in the matrix with users in real time (something he cannot do on the forums), and the rest is spent as just another player enjoying POE on Xbox.

Chris and Bex on reddit is an awesome team, a few of the others join in too and Chris especially is extremely attentive to all forms of communication with the players. However, I personally don't expect that level of activity from Jeff on there because we really do get shit on as xbox players on the reddit. None of our posts gain traction and nothing Xbox specific stays there for long. As such, he's limited to here and the console discord.

I feel that we do deserve more dev presence and response here, it might even boost activity here (currently, the posts per day is abysmally low). But that would be for Bex to step up in, and you can pm her on Twitter (easiest way to reach her).

Well see this is exactly where the problem is.

I had no idea that Bex is the community Liaison.

I do not use reddit, I am not on Twitter.
So I have to go to 2 other platform to direct questions and get answers to them.
Why is that when they have a perfectly good platform here.

"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
Thanks.

Thank you for clarifying.

"
Avic_Hybana wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you don't like the discord, it's definitely not for everyone. If you care to speak on that further, feel free to pm me :)

I have not been in the PoE Discord too much, so my problems are not with it. I don't like having to use a 3rd / 4th / 5th party to do things that should be in a game. Most times I get into a gaming session is either solo or with friends. On the off chances I want to play with a random I would use a quick search lobby function available in 90% of console multiplayer games. Why should I have to make or find a post outside of said game, message the player(s), wait god knows how long for a response, find out if we can connect (not everyone is capable due to various reasons), finally get into a game only to find out they are a squeaker or have obnoxious background noise, rinse and repeat? Something that should take 10 mins tops has turned into 30+ just because of missing common sense features.

There are a few other reasons I don't care to go into right now, but using Discord as a crutch for any game is something I choose not to support. If it is something meant for console use, it should be easily accessible on console, last I checked Discord was not.

I tried to word my post as politely as I could without getting angry as this has been an ongoing topic in general for a few years over various games. I do not mean to offend anyone.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Jan 31, 2019, 10:07:29 AM
"
Jeff_GGG wrote:
"
Corrison wrote:
Thanks.

Good to hear Jeff. I strongly believe that the forums should be the prime means of providing news to the players (but Twitter regarding any issues with the forums seems a good backstop). But I feel that I should not be reading this buried in a thread on a particular item. The more I think about, this is sticky material. Whether in exaggeration intentionally or unintentionally, or perhaps an inference on my part, some posters have previously left the impression that there is more to your presence on the Discord. I'm very glad to hear that there is not - but the implication keeps surfacing.

I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
You did not miss any announcements, and it's not speculation. We speak to the devs daily in the discord, and it's simply the "rumor" that many QOL features we have been asking for will be wrapped in with the ps4 release. They didn't want to have to do them twice.

So what is a rumour other than third party speculation (someone sharing their speculation or someones pooling their speculation) or insider information (perhaps inadvertent)?

Are the other Devs not as careful as Jeff in sticking to the public knowledge only code? If you are providing real info, then someone at GGG is leaking. And if you are not, then I guess that that is good for the rest of us to know.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
We are pretty close to the game, and get pinged for every single thing someone from GGG posts whether it is on the forums, reddit or in either discord. As such, we tend to know the latest info on most things, and can speculate just like anyone on everything else. People here complain about GGG presence, yet all they see on these forums is disrespect from everyone left posting here.

I don't blame them for keeping well away.
Xbox Master Race

Join the Discord!

"
Avic_Hybana wrote:
People here complain about GGG presence, yet all they see on these forums is disrespect from everyone left posting here.

I don't blame them for keeping well away.

I see it too, and can probly be accused of doing it also. But as GGG has said, we players are very passionate about their game and emotions run high.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
I have recently joined the discord last week and have been extremely active, I have personal issues in my life right now that have given me the ability to play 15 hours a day and as such ive been doing all I can to explore the poe community and game. I would like to make a clear statement in regards to some things mentioned here in this thread.

1. This platform is great here and is more like a official platform to deal formally and permanently with issues, as the discord feels more like a great platform to wheel, deal, and discuss immediately with other players live in real time using conjecture and speculation and imagination; to convey desires and direction for the game among users and any who are there to listen. I like discord, but I do have issue with it being regarded or turned into the official platform, which I am not sasying anyone has said, rather I am just making it known in my statement, due to the fact that the discord cannot be equally and fairly maintained for quality control like this platform is for all users. I don't believe that the moderators there can be as impartial as the moderation here, because it has those gaps filled by friends of friends etc. etc. which is fine because it gets the job done.

2. As for the reddit disrespect to the devs in ggg, those ppl should be ashamed of theirselves, and im sure the ggg devs understand that those insults are coming from basement dwelling neckbeard, mouthbreathers(love using that trio). GGG devs are the best!!!! I have issues with this game, I get pissed off, I want somethings to change, but these people are literally the bees knees! I have made direct posts before showering these people with as much compliments as I can, and I knw how much garbage they put upwith from us, so I have no problem letting them know again, WE LOVE YOU GGG DEVS!

3. I do feel like the xbox community of this game gets the sorth end of the stick, I hope one day we earn ggg's respect enough to count us worthy of directing more energy in our direction, although they have been very timely in fixing pressing issues which we laud them for... it would be nice to have someone else here to help jeff in talking with us and offering us questionaires to find out better what we want as a console community which needs to be understood as , as much different than a pc community.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info