Xbox one trading sucks. Read why inside

Hi all!

I used to play PoE on PC quite a lot, I moved and didn't bring my pc so I switched to console. At launch I played with the acknowledgement that it was new and developing. I enjoyed the single player experience. I was happy they added premium stash tabs so I could get things listed. They upped the number of active trades I can have sent out, which is awesome. Having said that I will summarize my trade experience.

I want to buy pure breach stones. I grab one esh for 79 chaos, all others showing on a single page are not listed with a price. I put an 80 chaos offer on 10 individual ones. I get 7/10 declined without any reason. 1 person says not for sale. 1 accepts my trade. 1 curses at me in the text box; I've obviously offended him. Next, I go to buy basic breach stones, I buy 3 listed at <45c and ignore those over that price. This time I put in 10 offers at 45c and add "Please, exile I need to level". I am declined 8 times without a response. 1 declines and responds telling me to stop being a loser. 1 person declines and asks for 1ex. Around an hour has passed, people don't immediately respond because they are busy or they are away when I sent the offer so I refresh them every now and again. I move to splinters now almost no splinters for esh are listed for less than 1 splinter for 1 chaos. I decide to offer 3:1c initially and bump it up to 2:1c after they respond. I put in 10 offers between 21 splinters and 69 splinters. 10 decline, most telling me not for sale. I put in another 10 offers for splinters between 3 and 21. I get 3 confirmations of 3 splinters 3 splinters and 9 splinters. 7 people decline with 1 cursing at me and the other asking for 1:1. I'm beginning to notice some stuff here.

Above is the most recent experience I have trading on console but it's a good summary for trading in general on console. Here are some conclusions and suggestions I have for GGG.

1. You removed the option to price things in premium stashtabs based on that tab. No more 1c stash tabs. Please give this back, it's important as it allows players to quickly and efficiently price out their stuff and establish a baseline price.

2. Players are using premium stashtabs to store items they do not want to sell. We need some way to unlist items within premium stashtabs; no one wants to put in an offer and wait to find out that item isn't for sale.

3. Bulk currency exchange might not be a bad idea. I see this is already sort of included on the website here. Runescape uses a "grand exchange" where items go in and get sold basically immediately and exchange rates fluctuate with supply and demand of the users. It's unpleasant separating my fus into stacks of 2 for 1 chaos, just to get lost in the sea of currency that appears when you search for fus.

4. When I list an item for 1 chaos asking price, do not require that I confirm that item. Users on PC have a chat system where they can immediately find out whether a user is AFK or busy; console doesn't have this. When I put an offer out on console I am out 1 of my trade slots, and the currency I have until they accept/decline or I get tired of waiting. This isn't productive. Allowing users to post items with specific prices that can be listed and sold while offline will give rise to a sort of psuedo increase in console population. This could be tied into the 10 active trades rule, where when a user sells 10 items without taking the currency from the offer tab their stash tabs could become unlisted.

5. Allow us advanced item searches. If I want a Jewel that has +health / +all res / +speed on kill I have to view 1,000+ jewels to have maybe ~<20 that meet that criteria and is highlighted.

Overall, I believe that with a decreased population of players on console it becomes important to allow users more ways to trade. Trading on console is really confusing for players, they don't know what their stuff is worth and it is not easy for users to find that out. People list everything as for sale because there is no incentive not to; overall this makes establishing a market for items very difficult.

TL;DR
Trading on console sucks. Let us price our entire tabs. Let us unlist specific items in a tab. Let us auto exchange currencies. Auto accept trades for my asking price. Give us better item filters.
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2019, 5:59:00 PM
2. This is done by the player. They choose to set their tab to public or private.

4. Honestly just up our active trades to 20 would be good. Doesn't Chris like to double things anyway?

5. They should be pushed to the front, or the only ones listed IMO.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
1. This is in progress, they said it is very complicated to implement this and they didn't "take this away" it was never functional the brief like 3 days we had it. This will happen but it won't be quick. My only fear when we do get this is that then things with prices will get rejected even more frequently.

2. This is already under a player's control, I price a LOT of my stuff, but yes I have my essence tab listed because it has those 5 currency slots I can use to sell currency properly (only place I can safely list 55c for an exalt for example). But I don't really plan on selling any of my essences. This really isn't a big problem for me but it would be nice to remove items for sale but honestly I probably wouldn't do it all that often as I already put a lot of effort to pricing the things I do want to sell also editing all the items I don't on essence or map tab isn't likely going to be something I am going to do.

3. This would be nice, it is still possible like I said it is why I do that on my essence tab.

4. This will never ever happen. They have been very clear about it, I wouldn't hate it but I get why they don't want it to happen and it likely never will unless their mindset changes significantly.

5. I think they will give us some more tools for search but I don't expect a ton here because they want some friction in trade. What I mostly want is to do the search to filter the items and have my pages only contain matches. If I could say sort by one stat in that list that would be more than enough for me, but honestly if I could just get the filter before search that would solve a lot for me.
First, thanks to both of you for commenting on my post.

@Corrison
2. They choose to set their tab as public or private, but they store items they don't want sold in the public tab because they want to sell the other things. There is no penalty for listing an item that costs nothing, so why not list all of the things? It defeats the purpose, why give players the ability to list something as for trade if they have no idea what it's worth and don't really want to trade it away. This is not prevalent in every item, but it is especially common in essences, currencies, and splinters. Maybe the problem more lies with those tabs specifically, should we require those tabs to be private?

4. The issue I have is that spreading the currency across 20 trades when the people may be present, afk for 10 min, afk for 30 minutes and then log off without checking my trade. It just doesn't feel good not knowing whether the person on the other end can even see that I want their item.

5. I've read some of their FAQ on the subject matter and they claim that they don't want to allow indepth filters because it would make items too easy to find and lower the joy we feel over find the 1 item we've been searching for. I do not feel joy that I found a temporary substitute, I feel frustrated when I spend 15 minutes searching for an item and just log off for the evening because the 2 that I found that were kind of close had afk players. Please GGG reevaluate this stance.

@metfansc
1. Hopefully they will get it integrated, I would hope they take this serious. It's been ungodly helpful on PC as I have a tab I can plunk semi usable stuff into at the start of a league and sell passively. One man's junk is another man's treasure. Check out a bunch of streamers, hey have 1ex 10c 1c 5c 1alch tabs that get used regularly and help newer players look up the prices of their items. It is really good for establishing baseline prices for products in seasonal economies.

2. Maybe the problem more lies with those tabs specifically, should we require those tabs to be private? I elaborate more on this point above.

3. I would hope something like this gets implemented.

4. I feel like their position on the matter completely discounts the player interaction on PC. With so many active users finding someone to trade is a very trivial matter given the addons and 3rd party sites. None of this is available to console, and I've had better luck trading via discord than using any in game communication within PoE. Also, the ability to respond to players when rejecting a trade is usually used for profanity in my experience.
5. They are getting it for pc on the website here. I'd like to see that integrated with console, or at least some active feedback with their intent and acknowledgement of this issue.
I agree with a lot of what is said here. The changes are likely big and complex but they sure would come in handy.

One change I would like to see that might not be too complex is to simply automatically put all prices items first. I say “might” because the server is only requested one page at a time and currency pricing might not be discoverable until that page’s worth of items is fetched. If so it might be a little easier to give us an additional checkbox next to “only search online players” that says “only search priced items”. Of course that requires UI change which is not easy on Xbox.

All of this matters most for end-game players and I believe Xbox has a lot fewer % of total players at end game because the audience is more casual.

It is funny to me that people price items and then decline when you offer their asking price.

"
mmcmain wrote:
I agree with a lot of what is said here. The changes are likely big and complex but they sure would come in handy.

One change I would like to see that might not be too complex is to simply automatically put all prices items first. I say “might” because the server is only requested one page at a time and currency pricing might not be discoverable until that page’s worth of items is fetched. If so it might be a little easier to give us an additional checkbox next to “only search online players” that says “only search priced items”. Of course that requires UI change which is not easy on Xbox.

All of this matters most for end-game players and I believe Xbox has a lot fewer % of total players at end game because the audience is more casual.

It is funny to me that people price items and then decline when you offer their asking price.

Even if they could give us a default checked box that says "Only display items with a buy now price" that'd be an improvement.

The community is very casual because it's harder to find groups. Even using tons of other means I cannot find 6 people ever to run breachstones :/
"
paladiex wrote:

Even if they could give us a default checked box that says "Only display items with a buy now price" that'd be an improvement.

The community is very casual because it's harder to find groups. Even using tons of other means I cannot find 6 people ever to run breachstones :/

There are a bunch of issue's PoE has, and I am not sure how GGG can fix them.

1) Trade board prices (yes, yes this has been brought up time and again) we as a community dictate the prices and so call cost of items so it is us that need to do a better job.

2) Searching on the Trade board is terrible and needs a fix.

2a)You can search the items in the Trade board with only prices already

Do a search with ~ at the end. I typed in Belly ~ and only the Belly's with a price showed up.

2b) They also need to alpha the dam board so everything is not mixed in.

2c) Then they need to put in newest order top left oldest to bottom right.

This way I can see if the price has come down or not. This would help with pricing items as well. (as newbie's come in see an item at 3 or 4 exalt and post it at that price, But that item is weeks old and never sold)

2d) They need to put in sub-categories for Uniques. Under Full Wormscale, there is a Belly of the Beast section.

2e) They need to let us go back one level in search. Searching in Currency I pick my item and look for fusings, great I got them. Now I want Jewelers orbs, as it is now I have to go back to the beginning of search and scroll all the way down to currency again and then select Jewelers orbs.

I was already in currency why kick me all the way out.

3) Loot drops need to be fixed (if you need a loot filter for your game, means it is dropping too much)

3a) 884 Uniques in the damn game and less than 221 of them are used in end game builds, or for levelling. The rest are vendor trash. (I think there is less than 100 really)

3b) Reddit post on the whole loot drop system that needs fixing

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/aj1fj8/it_is_time_to_address_the_rare_item_issue/

4) Helemt enchantments in Lab there are too many of them and 80% of them are trash.

5) The Xbox community is small like really small. (I just fought The Pale Council for the first time the other day. I wanted to unlock the multimod crafting stuff. Achievement pops 0.14% completed this achievement. ???

So this got me to look at other achievements in the game.

3.25% of players got One Small Step (Open a Map in the portal device (does this not unlock during the main quest) if it only counts for end game maps then it is bad.

1.3% have completed Merc Lab.

1.14% got to lvl 80.

0.65% completed all white maps.

0.74% completed the end game labyrinth.

i agree with whatever positive trade changes. Ones above many good ideas

About people having almost no achievements done, most people drop off at start of the game by lack of total guidance of what to do. Without a way to ask questions, new players can become lost real quick.

Why GGG never post in topics like this one ? I have the feeling we are just speaking for nothing its boring. There is lot of things that the developpers should consider but did the community managers do their job seriously ? Or are we just extra microtransaction buyers with no chance to have a better playing experience on xbox ?
"
Anikill666 wrote:
Why GGG never post in topics like this one ? I have the feeling we are just speaking for nothing its boring. There is lot of things that the developpers should consider but did the community managers do their job seriously ? Or are we just extra microtransaction buyers with no chance to have a better playing experience on xbox ?

GGG does not post cause some folks take things why to literally.
So they do not post stuff as folks will take it as the WORD OF GOD.

I am sure they have lurkers that read most things on here to get suggestions on what we are looking for to make the game better for us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info