Elemental Ground Slam 1H/Shield Marauder

I'd like to show you my build that concentrates on:
- using Ground Slam, Anger & Wrath Auras, Lighting Strike, Molten Shell, Warlord's Mark and Infernal Blow skills (all with sceptre)
- high elemental resistance
- high HP pool
- life leech
- covering large areas with mentioned above skills while dealing as much elemental damage as possible

Here's what I've made:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBBAcEswsoDjwUIBRNFHEZLho4GmwfAiECJ-0pTyr2MgkyiTa6NsU6UjwFPV9BqkbXT31QR1BQUlNUSVYEV-JYY1nzXz9hUmaecH1yqXfle4x82YBWgpuDOIZgi4yMz5BVl5WX9J2un8uf36IApwinMKeEqZWsqrndwBrG2NSP2CTa3d-_4XPkIuRR51Lnruw47SDvDu988B_yL_Kc9kj3Mve--Os=

I was trying to leave as many free points as possible to make this build "more real". However it's not finished yet, because I want to figure out proper gear for this build. I was thiking about taking some armor and energy shield nodes. With Aegis Aurora it could made huge bonus to defences.

All active skills are AoE except Lightning Strike, so that's why I choose Radius of Area nodes to cover large areas with Ground Slam as a basic skill, so we can keep ourselves in safe distance from enemies while dealing good damage.

Because I want to get high attack speed I would use highest level sceptre with 1.4 APS by default and some gloves with Attack Speed mod. Carnage Heart could let me free up some nodes, like Agillity on the top of the tree and Diamond Skin close to the starting point. However it removes 25% of Energy shield, so it would make big hole in defences. 25% less HP is not that bad, because from what I've heard it's taken from base value which is not that high. I'm not sure if going into Armor/Energy Shield defence is good and worth. Maybe I should just go pure armor.

About gems, I would put Ground Slam into at least 5L armor and give it Weapon Elemental Damage, Life Leech, Added Fire Damage (this is what I have for now) and maybe Added Lightning Damage and Increased Area of Effect. Still depends on what armor would I take - purely Strength or Strength/Intelligence.

With proper gear I could free up some nodes and spend them for something else, like mace bonus or more armor/life/energy shield nodes, all depends on items, but it's hard to think of it, while you don't have those and don't see statistics. What do you think? I will appreciate any suggestions.
Last edited by Aegipan on Mar 7, 2013, 7:58:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info