[3.6] Starter&End Game | Herald Of Agony | 10-25K ES | 3-6M DPS | Occultist | All Content Done Easy

Had a lot of great luck this weekend. Started with 6 linking my chest with only 150 fusings, throwing 14 dense fossils at it, divining then slamming! (got the cold res)

The money left over allowed me to purchase an empower level 4

Then I purchased a shaper crystal belt, and used 2 dense on it and some divines:

Very happy with it, just wish the 2 armor mods werent there.

Haven't really messed with dread banner yet at all (my mana reservation at the moment only leaves me with about 70 open, trying to get those enlightens up).

Could anyone explain to me how it works, and are we supposed to actually drop the banner? Thanks!
Last edited by Slottm on Mar 25, 2019, 11:18:19 AM
Hey guys,

I threw a Vaal on a Golden Rule for the lulz and actually hit 1% reduced mana reserved, but my reserved and available mana didn't change at all. I have Discipline, Herald of Agony and Hatred running. Am I missing anything?
Minion attack speed ?

It looks like minion attack speed is important for this build, but I'm not clear how it works with HoA. The cast time for the spell is listed as instant with a 1 sec cooldown. That never changes, so I assume it relates to the herald spell and has nothing do with the crawler's attack.

When I look at the offensive specs page for HoA in game, it only lists a couple of things like the chance to poison. Again, there is no information related to the crawler's actual attack or damage.

Is there anything that describes crawler damage mechanics in detail? It's clearly an attack, not a spell, but is it projectile, how many projectiles per attack, base damage per attack, etc. A web search did not turn up much of anything useful.

I'm wondering about this for general understanding, but also in the context of my earlier question about elemental equilibrium. My current attack time on Rain is .23 sec. I assume the crawler is hitting at a lower frequency than that - or could be about the same. If crawler were hitting too much faster, the +25% resist would start to apply often enough (I think) that there would eventually be diminishing returns from EE.

I will play with POB when I get home to see what I can see there, but just wondering whether there is a good source of web info on the crawler's combat mechanics.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 25, 2019, 1:28:44 PM
Ring of Nostalgia

Just wondering why the mana reservation reduction is so strongly preferred over the crawler damage buff.

It looks like the raw damage boost is 70 to 100% of the crawler's total damage, which seems huge. Being able to run Hatred, on the other hand, gives you extra physical as cold, but only 25% plus a bit more on top of that. If you assume EE buff on the cold, it still only looks like it's getting into the same range as the damage buff. But the mana reservation version is 3x the price of the damage buff version. What am I missing??

Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 25, 2019, 1:29:34 PM
Hi guys. Just did Uber Elder now for the 2nd time and it droped me a jewel...

I'm wondering if my jewel is decent enough, although it doesn't have that ES regen mod on it

Thanks.

"

I'm wondering if my jewel is decent enough, although it doesn't have that ES regen mod on it

Thanks.

Well sir, that jewel will pretty much let you forget abour exalts for rest of the league :D Just check out poe.trade or official trade site and see by yourself :) COngrats ;)
Wicked_Clown
"
DjPapaz wrote:
"

Thanks.

Well sir, that jewel will pretty much let you forget abour exalts for rest of the league :D Just check out poe.trade or official trade site and see by yourself :) COngrats ;)

Oh... WOW. I just checked now! o.O :D

I guess I was really really lucky! :)
currently running this with a 5-link. i ran out of currency while linking my bow. it has only level 18 vicious proj, but according to pob that is a small amount of difference.

this build is insane! i've been playing necro summoners for years, but i think my new favorite is HoAg occultist. i've tried other hoag builds, but hmm... this one really seems better.

I did something different with my bow:

because really, i don't need the extra attack speed while clearing, unless i'm releasing a 4-essence monster, and that's rare so i get it. it gets my stacks up much faster on bosses.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Mar 25, 2019, 10:14:52 PM
"
joachimbond wrote:

I did something different with my bow:

because really, i don't need the extra attack speed while clearing, unless i'm releasing a 4-essence monster, and that's rare so i get it. it gets my stacks up much faster on bosses.

you are not getting stacks faster vs bosses
13% attack speed is local on a weapon, it gets multiplied with faster attacks support, attack speed nodes on a tree etc.
22% attack speed if unique nearby mod is global (the same as other additive mods).

So you stack slower in maps and stack at the same speed vs bosses.
"
Handy wrote:
Hey guys,

I threw a Vaal on a Golden Rule for the lulz and actually hit 1% reduced mana reserved, but my reserved and available mana didn't change at all. I have Discipline, Herald of Agony and Hatred running. Am I missing anything?

Don't wanna be annoying but does anyone have an idea what's going on here? I feel like I'm going crazy :o

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info