Community Race Event This Weekend!

Great initiative ! I miss the old events so much even so I've never been good at it.
fake news

GGG does not do races anymore, than have stated this very clearly several times.

this race is not a GGG PoE race.

it is a private race by a private group.

and no, you are not going to be part of it.
Sad that GGG won't do any races. Instead we have to have people pay out of their own pocket for the top racers (known/popular) to fight each other. No room for new blood.
If ya need something @chimberly

Like the great measter Nike said: Just do it.
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Pigl33t wrote:
One step closer to the old racing seasons I liked being a part of :)

not really.

seems to be one step even further from race seasons, honestly.

not that i'm complaining about the private races (i am, however, complaining about the lack of actual race seasons).

robmafia is right.

This is just one more indication that GGG doesn't want to step in that direction again. It's too bad; they were a fun challenge and are perhaps the only thing that would get me interested in hardcore again. The one-hour races in particular were very tense affairs, trying desperately to eke out one more level in that last 30 seconds of play. Definitely an experience all its own, and not something that vanilla PoE ever offers.

(HC is garbage for long-term playing, imo, because of the poor state of balance of the game.)
Wash your hands, Exile!
lvl85 takes me like ~1 month to achieve depending how much time i have to play lol

Whats so hard
company with such staff members
to make a 1 month even for the people
that give up on league 1 month ago
game is dead guys please ghost towns full with bots

just do something for your people and bring up an event
that will make happy 90% of the people that already left league for good
.......!!!!
Hello from the other side
"
fake news

GGG does not do races anymore, than have stated this very clearly several times.

this race is not a GGG PoE race.

it is a private race by a private group.

and no, you are not going to be part of it.

I've accepted quite a few people who've messaged me. I ask for some things to verify a seriousness for the event but it's not exclusive by any means. People can get into the race fairly easily.
Just give us back the most competitive content in PoE, RACES. Current league is losing players every day at this point, economy almost dead, dunno why not give us a simple way to stay engaged with the game??
"
Kammell wrote:

I've accepted quite a few people who've messaged me. I ask for some things to verify a seriousness for the event but it's not exclusive by any means. People can get into the race fairly easily.

I was initially very hyped, but when I read your thread, it doesn't seem like it:

"we require at least one participant on each team to be streaming."

"The race is over when two teams hit 85."

and first of all:

"Please if trying to enter into race have some racing history, a vouch from someone in the race or a good VOD. Looking for sub-2h A5 Kitava or sub-4h A10 Kitava both with labs (excluding Merc Lab in A10 run) and skill points done. "

And this is when my hype was destroyed. It's announced on the main website as news with encouragement to sign up, while in reality applicable candidates are probably like 0.01% of PoE community, so I would say this is an exclusive event...

I still want to signup and give it a try with my friend, but if I will do so, I will just ignore the rules and conditions specified by you.

Just to be sure: No hard feelings, I am very happy that something like this is happening, even if not to play, I cant wait to tune in and watch it. I just wanted to point out that "not exclusive" and "fairly easily" are in a bit of contradiction with actual requirements.

Cheers!
Last edited by DeaconRL on Jan 22, 2019, 6:35:24 AM
I don't know... At this point i feel like you should bring back the official race seasons or not bother at all.
Last edited by Zophronios on Jan 24, 2019, 2:12:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info