Molten Shell Build

The build is based around the idea of using Molten shell however it is quite similar to a Discharger build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQUB_oviruVj0FTgIiIfMNo5cJvwKsVn7gnqvSmZgGURcrWZLWG381_tVjAa61nZm6gSWtVtV5WEki4bzk5Nq2VV0uSv3A4AlsXnB3e_baqGW6PImb0Cd88CWUkQeMVaOxkDRhQ_-HCfxWabb0JKwOZYb3G3ud9447NXK3I55E1moOV64LEJTNQmB_Q0JfQnaBzsDK8Kx0jOE9z_Xnm_PweeId20fxGOpy6iEQuB1YtmthIHvrAytOqHW1npMgGql-3jcWkg3Xn5G8W_nAM-YHgvrPnd9OXudu7PJFifLfE7ij6zU-wLsrdpzl2tb6-EmCbz_HO6wrHb0_bDBzLnhtSerrjAAnvUfDGLfPbQmjbrxVRiEhoWVchswMYhEwKCqinEmFSqZGbHNdsETGTDYEcEye3XuXg20hzq

The intersting thing about this is that you can use a class cannon setup and class cannon items, mostly with energy shield while beeing in close combat and getting hit all the time.

Some basics about the build:
~12 seconds physical immortality because of the Immortal call
~6 Enduring charges all the time, helps you to keep a high elemental resistance if necessary
~you gather enemys and kill them with Molten shell.

Molten Shell:

Unavailable

-does around 10k damage for me (no crit)
-~50% chance to ignite
-Burns with Elemental Proliferation approximately everything in a shock Nova Area
-Breaks usually after very short time

my gear:
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

+other selffound items, so in generaly nothing worth mentioning
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
The more Armor and Shield Block you have, the faster Molten Shell will go off. So I don't think going ES as your primary defense is a good option. Against big packs your Molten Shell should be bursting instantly.

I'm going a Molten Shell build myself, focusing on Armor and Shield block with Enduring Cry and Tempest Shield. I'm not planning on stretching to get max endurance charges so by the end of my build I'll have a max of 4 before items.
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 22, 2012, 4:03:31 AM
"
Lionguild wrote:
The more Armor and Shield Block you have, the faster Molten Shell will go off. So I don't think going ES as your primary defense is a good option. Against big packs your Molten Shell should be bursting instantly.

I'm going a Molten Shell build myself, focusing on Armor and Shield block with Enduring Cry and Tempest Shield. I'm not planning on stretching to get max endurance charges so by the end of my build I'll have a max of 4 before items.

Doing nearly the same except for the armor part and I' have planned in the other 2 endurance charges but won't reach them in beta.

It's a build that goes against the spawm one aoe attack pattern.

Use enduring cry, then molten shell, get in, more enduring cry, reapply molten shell, while using melee single or melee aoe attacks.
Thank you system.
I was playing with molten shell on my discharger, sad that molten shell is more powerful, seeing as how it's a defensive ability. Overnerf much?
IGN: TheHammer
"
Milhausen wrote:
I was playing with molten shell on my discharger, sad that molten shell is more powerful, seeing as how it's a defensive ability. Overnerf much?

I'm a fan of the game playing itself. By that I mean I enjoy minion-heavy builds (not currently in PoE, but generally in games), and damage return builds (block-reactives, damage-pulsing auras).

Molten Shell falls into that second category, where you just buff it and everything groups up on you and kills itself in one shot. Pretty much a one button loot pinata wherever you stand. It's fun, and I made sure everyone knew it was well-powerful after trying it myself in 9.6.

No balancing yet in 9.7 and instead they tone down the monster version of Molten Shell because players are nuking themselves and crying about how strong it is. Go figure.
Oh they nerfed the monster version of it? Hah, thats pretty funny.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info