Support Gem question

I have a question about Elemental Focus Support gem.

It says:
"Supported skills deal 49% MORE elemental damage"
and another line says:
"Support skills deal 10% INCREASED elemental damage"

Is there a difference between "MORE" and "INCREASED"? Does the gem give a total of 59% more/increased elemental damage?

I've noticed similar wording on a few different gems. One line says "MORE" and another line say "INCREASED" and I'm not sure what that means.

Thanks for any information, I'm pretty new to this game and loving it so far but compared to other ARPGs, this is pretty deep/involved/confusing lol!
LaxerFL
Last bumped on Jan 21, 2019, 10:51:26 PM
Quick bump before I hit the sack! Someone lemme know whats up!

Thanks,
LaxerFL
Increased and More do indeed mean different things.

I'd recommend watching this video by ProjectPT.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Thanks for the info!

I was kind of amazed to see a video specifically and solely about the More vs. Increased question I asked! I mean, it's SO "on the nose" that I almost thought you made the whole video last night to mess with me (but then I realized just how INSANE that sounded and that no one would waste that much time and effort to mess with someone they don't know from Adam)!!!

And for the record, that video has more math in it than I would care to do for WORK, let alone for my free time/rest and relaxation/hobby/video game/fun thing I do for FUN! ;-)

But I still appreciate the link and all the info the maker of the video gives.

I look forward to a long, fun, informative time with PoE and everyone who plays/enjoys/calculates and makes it a fun place to spend time!

Thanks again,
LaxerFL

laxAlot, Level 6x - Vortex/Cold Snap Cold DoT Occultist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info