Sound is broken in Betrayal update

Moved to a help thread, please disregard this post!

Hi,

After installing the latest patch the sound is broken on both my girlfriend and my computer.
Symptoms:
1. Static noise (which comes and goes, depending on our location in the game)
2. Missing audio (anything from attacks, to monster, to pickup items, to click sounds) Sometimes the audio is completely gone, at other times we get the audio once in a while. The background melody always seems to play though.

This audio issue is VERY annoying.

Also, PoE crashes occasional during gameplay. More often than it used to.

On my computer I did complete reinstall of PoE, but it has not helped the slightest on the issues.

Do others experience the same, and do you have any suggestions on a solution?
Last edited by HyggeJJ on Jan 20, 2019, 11:03:32 AM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 5:18:12 PM
About the sound, try putting it on high (64) in the settings; fixed the clipping sound for me (except on that bugged map in oriath where there are people screaming)

About the crashes, I was crashing 10+ times a day, then I switched do Dx9ex and has been much better (the loading takes a bit longer but you can disable shadows so more fps)
Last edited by jhssf on Jan 20, 2019, 12:20:35 PM
To help better more info is needed:
1. What OS version do you and your girlfreind use?
2. How much total ram?
3. What sound chip do you have? Look in device manager for it.
4. Any other details like stand-alone or Steam version of PoE.

I'm running stand-alone PoE on Win7 Pro and older Gigabyte motherboard that has Intel HD audio driver. Went from an AMD R270 at the beginning to now running with a Geforce 1060 Amp edition gpu. Through all versions of PoE from CB to now only once did I ever experience loss of audio (and GGG acknowledged the bug and fixed it). So please provide more info about your gaming rig hardware and OS.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Windows 10 drivers for SoundBlaster cards are notoriously bad and they keep overwriting even the latest official drivers from Creative themselves. It's infuriating.

If you have a SoundBlaster, that might be the issue. Realtek and Intel HD audio have never given me problems before, but updating/reinstalling the latest drivers can never hurt nowadays.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
HyggeJJ wrote:
Moved to a help thread, please disregard this post!

Hi,

After installing the latest patch the sound is broken on both my girlfriend and my computer.
Symptoms:
1. Static noise (which comes and goes, depending on our location in the game)
2. Missing audio (anything from attacks, to monster, to pickup items, to click sounds) Sometimes the audio is completely gone, at other times we get the audio once in a while. The background melody always seems to play though.

This audio issue is VERY annoying.

Also, PoE crashes occasional during gameplay. More often than it used to.

On my computer I did complete reinstall of PoE, but it has not helped the slightest on the issues.

Do others experience the same, and do you have any suggestions on a solution?

Have also noticed problem where audio stop working and strange sound near sewers (water running out from tubes) when one are still in Sarn Encampment. Sound clips when one is at Clarissa and sound strong the more near you come at exit tube to Sewers.

Restarting client did fix it that time.

Windows 10 Pro x64 build 17763.253
RealTek ALC 1150 Driver 6.0.1.7535 DirectX 12.0

Not had game crash that I would call a problem.

Nvidia driver 417.35 (when this happened). All other audio drivers a disabled, so it is only RealTek driver active.
1. Both computers are Windows 10 with all updates
2. 16Gb on both computers
3a. Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec on my computer (ASRock X370 Taichi motherboard).
3b. My girlfriend is getting audio through a SteamLink.
4. We both run PoE through Steam.

Other: Her computer has an RX480 graphics card in FullHD. I use a 1080ti in 4K.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
To help better more info is needed:
1. What OS version do you and your girlfreind use?
2. How much total ram?
3. What sound chip do you have? Look in device manager for it.
4. Any other details like stand-alone or Steam version of PoE.

I'm running stand-alone PoE on Win7 Pro and older Gigabyte motherboard that has Intel HD audio driver. Went from an AMD R270 at the beginning to now running with a Geforce 1060 Amp edition gpu. Through all versions of PoE from CB to now only once did I ever experience loss of audio (and GGG acknowledged the bug and fixed it). So please provide more info about your gaming rig hardware and OS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info