The Invincible - Marauder Build

Hey everyone,

I wanted to show you guys my first attempt for a HC-build, which extensively uses endurance charges to prolong the life of the char.

The build is nothing fancy - it's just using the fact that each endurance charge basically gives you a better chance to survive. Since the scope is on those endurance charges, the main items for this build are Ambu's Charge and Kaom's Sign. Ambu's Charge makes you a conduit for endurance charges and additionally grants endurance charges, when you take a critical hit and each Kaom's Sign grants +1 max. endurance charge.

The build then looks like this (This is the one-handed version, you could basically do the same build for two-handed weapons, but that would kinda defeat the point being invincible ;))
Passive skill tree build

The skills one is going to use are:
- Cleave / Ground Slam as the main aoe
- Heavy Strike / Glacial Hammer as the main single target
- Determination + Purity as auras (if one can sustain it)
- Warlord's Mark
- Immortal Call
- Enduring Cry (obviously, lost sight of the wood for the trees)

Basically the build is the most classic way of playing a marauder, but does not suffer from some of the problems other marauders suffer from. Since in this build you have 8 max endurance charges and +18% duration and get endurance charges on critical hit, it is quite likely you are gonna run around with an average of 6 endurance charges, which means 30% ADDITIONAL physical damage reduction and +30% elemental resistances. That means you are most likely on average run around with 80-90% physical damage reduction and 80% resistances. Since every endurance charge gives you life-regen, one has routinely ~6% life regen per second.
The damage is not crazy, but depending on the gear pretty decent. Stnadard Marauder dps, i guess.
Therefore, no problems with physical reflect or elemental reflects. To be honest, basically with no mob ;)
If one feels save one can then exchange the defensive skills and auras for more offensive auras or go two-handed to increase the damage output.

Would be great, if you guys could give me some input on the build!

Thanks,
Azharr

Last edited by Azharr on Mar 7, 2013, 4:11:04 AM
You can get endurance charge easily from enduring cry. There's no reason to wear a weak armor for charges. Also since you're most likely going physical, there's no real reason to to go after life regeneration. It's easier to just get life steal and spend those regen points on dps.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.
Hey, thanks for the hints. Tbh, i just forgot enduring cry. Obviously, thats the most important way to get the endurance charges. But sustaining it through the armor and warlords mark (also - life leech) seemed smart.

The first version of the build included blood magic, but i wasn't sure if blood magic would be better or determination + purity...
You should grab the +15 resist on shield nodes. If you're going to heal yourself with life leech, you're going to want decent dps so a tank build is pretty much a balance of defense and offense.
Ign: UnbreakableChains
Please pm me if I win anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info