So who wants to explain to me why Astramentis is ridiculously overpriced

"
themightypuck wrote:
"
xPeleusx wrote:

There were a bunch in there that did not have a price listed to sell.
These are the ones you should be hitting up for sales.
You offer 20 - 30c and see what happens.
You might get someone that has had it for a while and had no offers and now is just looking to get what they can get for it as they need the Choas now, to get something they want.

An issue with xbox is inactive traders who just throw stuff in public tabs. You get a lot of dead air trying to buy unpriced items but sometimes it works. I tend to filter by price because it wastes less time if the trader is actually engaged in trading.

How do you filter by price?

I wish the trade board had a better filter process, or GGG or someone list on here how to use the Trade board better.

I asked in Discord how to filter my stashes by ilvl.
They came back with "itemlevel71"
I think that's what it was.

But I would like to search from i60 - i74 to make sure I have the proper items in the proper tabs for the Choas and Regal Recipe.
"
Slizzered wrote:
You seriously think someone is going to spend 60C+ on an item they intend to use for leveling?

You seriously think any build tri-stats that heavily while leveling?

Yeah let's ignore a market set by people who actually have a clue and instead continue to let the xbox economy be absolute shit (which is why the playerbase gets smaller each league and people quit fatser, this league has abysmal numbers due to how shitty the economy is) due to sheer idiocy and greed. I called this years ago and it hasn't changed thanks to people with the exact mentality you proposed along with the jokers who defend them.

I've always asked for you people to provide proof of your claims of a demand to justify these outrageous prices and have yet to have one of you actually do it. The simple fact of the matter is people overlue niche items (all uniques actually but niche ones are where they take it to the extreme) due to not having a clue and then refuse to acknowledge that no matter how many times it's pointed out.

That's pretty much telling me they'd rather have an item sit in their inventory for an entire league, then disappear into the void of standard all because of greed, than actually sell it for a reasonable price. In what fucking world does making nothing become more sensible than getting paid fair value?

Ok, the PC economy is powered by 1000x more people in a world that never gets rid of items, so of course an item that sells on the PC for 12c is going to be more expensive on the XBox. We have 2 level 100 players, the PC has what 3000 now? Honestly, if you send me an offer quoting the PC I will reject your offer out of hand. You sell your prices for well below market value if you want, but I am guessing you think the things you sell can be market value but others shouldn't
"
xPeleusx wrote:
"
themightypuck wrote:
"
xPeleusx wrote:

There were a bunch in there that did not have a price listed to sell.
These are the ones you should be hitting up for sales.
You offer 20 - 30c and see what happens.
You might get someone that has had it for a while and had no offers and now is just looking to get what they can get for it as they need the Choas now, to get something they want.

An issue with xbox is inactive traders who just throw stuff in public tabs. You get a lot of dead air trying to buy unpriced items but sometimes it works. I tend to filter by price because it wastes less time if the trader is actually engaged in trading.

How do you filter by price?

I wish the trade board had a better filter process, or GGG or someone list on here how to use the Trade board better.

I asked in Discord how to filter my stashes by ilvl.
They came back with "itemlevel71"
I think that's what it was.

But I would like to search from i60 - i74 to make sure I have the proper items in the proper tabs for the Choas and Regal Recipe.

You can't filter by price but you can filter by ~ (which will give you anything with a price on it).
"
Slizzered wrote:

Hell, just look at the clowns who popped up to try to take shots (one going as far to make the laughably idiotic claim that I would waste any of my time harassing others over pixels) because they can't comprehend what's being discussed. If you have no clue what's going on it's best to avoid posting inane drivel.

So why exactly do you keep posting?
"
ocjaamal wrote:
PenaeusMonodon i don't know you,u eather,but dang man i like and highly approve how you think.you sayd it right,everyhing i got it in my mind but couldnt find the right words to express myself in english like a native one.

says the person trying to sell corruption chambers for 3ex lmfao.
"
themightypuck wrote:
This is obviously not a place for arguments about controversial topics in economics. I'll just say that it is my opinion that the size of the xbox market means prices do not converge. This causes many sellers to hold out for nothing later since they don't want to get taken advantage of. When you have a critical mass of traders like on PC this happens less. People want cash now to spend on other cool stuff. It is a virtuous circle.

Nice to see someone else here who actually comprehends economics, Jauron is the only other I've seen, we definitely need more though.

It still baffles me how people can't grasp that if there are less sellers due to lower population then the inverse of less buyers for the exact same reason should keep prices somewhat similar (do they not teach ratios in the schools these people attended?). I never asked for price convergence but there are no reasons at all outside of ignorance and/or greed that items you can't even give away on PC are treated as high value items on console. Take Drillneck for example, it's an absolutely worthless item yet people here somehow still think it has high value. Then the items that are of value have had their prices inflated by gross margins yet again due to ignorance and/or greed.

Someone brought up exalt to chaos ratio as if that supports their ludicrously flawed argument as to why the xbox economy should be completely fucked. Exalts are absolutely useless outside of crafting and there is nowhere near as much of the xbox population crafting items as there is on PC so therefore you have the lower prices (along with the bloat to crafting due to fossils which caused a rise in exalt prices, that's a whole different tangent though)). The sad part of this is that it show that people can understand how desirability and price are related yet refuse to apply that to anything outside of a handful of sellable things.

You also hit on a point I've been espousing since they announced the port. What possesses someone to sit there in the slimmest of hopes that someone else will grossly overpay for an item and end up with nothing in the end instead of asking a fair price for it? Last I checked something is better than nothing, I guess whatever convoluted thought process their addled brains use leads them to conclude that ending up with nothing is the superior option.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Last edited by Slizzered on Jan 30, 2019, 2:46:35 PM
"
Slizzered wrote:

You also hit on a point I've been espousing since they announced the port. What possesses someone to sit there in the slimmest of hopes that someone else will grossly overpay for an item and end up with nothing in the end instead of asking a fair price for it? Last I checked something is better than nothing, I guess whatever convoluted thought process their addled brains use leads them to conclude that ending up with nothing is the superior option.

I do not know man. I am baffled by this whole trade market as well.
And yes I am one of those folks that said well the Xbox market is smaller.
And yes I agree with you on the whole well if it is smaller then why do I have to pay more when there are fewer people buying it.

It was the PC community that used Exalts as being the top end of currency.
Why do you want to use a crafting item as the main sources of trade.

I just completed the Pale Council to unlock multi-mod's
Dang yo, it uses exalts to craft this stuff.
So why would I want to give them up to buy something over crafting an item?
It makes no sense.

And how is one to collect exalts when there is no in-game way to trade them.
I just got my first Exalt drop of the league last night and I have been playing every day since the league started.

If GGG had a currency vendor to say hey I will take your chaos at this amount for 1 Exalt, especially for those SSF folks. This would make a more stable market. (Well one would hope)

And I agree with the whole currency now is better than having it just sit there. I have Shav's on Sale for 2ex. Well, it has not sold in a week. I just re-listed last night to see if listing something in Choas makes it more noob friendly so I put it up for 140c.

If it does not sell by Friday I will put it down to 1.5ex or lower.

I also think the Xbox community is a lot smaller then we think it is.

Upon completing The Pale Council fight the achievement popped up.
0.14% completed this achievement. ???

So this got me to look at other achievements in the game.

3.25% of players got One Small Step (Open a Map in the portal device (does this not unlock during the main quest) if it only counts for end game maps then it is bad.

1.3% have completed Merc Lab.

1.14% got to lvl 80.

0.65% completed all white maps.

0.74% completed the end game labyrinth.

Like I said I am still baffled by this whole Tradeboard thing.

The trade board needs a fix.

They need to put in newest order top left oldest to bottom right.

This way I can see if the price has come down or not. This would help with pricing items as well. (as newbie's come in see an item at 3 or 4 exalt and post it at that price, But that item is weeks old and never sold)

Also having a date or days listed on the item would help as well on this.

I did pick up a Sins Rebirth flask for 30c where everyone was selling it at 1ex or more.

But also I think I sold a Rigwals Quills for 1c or so, or was it 10c. Not sure anyway someone got a deal out of me.

I hate that a good chunk of this game is locked behind a (My so-called) pay wall.
I have to pay other in-game players to try a build I might want to play.
Why is that? I should be able to play and fund any build I so choose.

I like trying different builds to see what they are like.
I have yet to like any melee build I have tried, and one of the reasons for that is the fact that the better gear is lock buy this pay-wall from players wanting 5 or 6 ex or more for items that are not worth it.

I was looking around and on PC there are only a small amount of Unique items that are in the exalt range.
There are just as many items in the 20c range or more.

I can fund a build on PC much easier then I can on Xbox.
And for this reason, I have been thinking of moving to PC.

Anyway, if you are still looking for this Amulet and if I ever find it I will let you know.

"
Slizzered wrote:

Something is indeed, generally better than nothing. But if you have no pressing need for currency, then we are dealing with two nothings. What is the upside to taking a few more C to Standard versus an extra item or two? Mind you, we'd all be better off in the long run if people did in fact sell, and thus bolstered the market.

And there is no "trust" regarding prices in the Xbox market. So plenty of players would rather "eat" something rather than be cheated by some annoying jerk.

The hope of actually getting the asked price (especially as a League winds down) may not be the deciding factor in many/most cases - for the very reasons you point out: logically it is not going to happen.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info