So who wants to explain to me why Astramentis is ridiculously overpriced

I can only think of three builds that would use it and two of them aren't that popular along with being much better off using a rare amulet (especially now that we have shaper and elder ammies) with the third being an extremely niche build that virtually nobody plays on any platform. So yeah, what is up with the price these goons are slapping on it, am I missing something?
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2019, 5:53:14 PM
"
Slizzered wrote:
I can only think of three builds that would use it and two of them aren't that popular along with being much better off using a rare amulet (especially now that we have shaper and elder ammies) with the third being an extremely niche build that virtually nobody plays on any platform. So yeah, what is up with the price these goons are slapping on it, am I missing something?

Only lvl 20 requirement. Could be popular for efficient leveling/speeding through the Acts with new chars. Also allows you to wear your gear early on without dealing with stat reqs.
Last edited by PenaeusMonodon on Jan 19, 2019, 1:53:00 AM
^None of that justifies the ridiculous price people are slapping on it (goes for ~12C on PC if by some miracle you manage to find someone who actually wants to buy it). Now can I get a reply from someone who actually has a clue?
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
Slizzered wrote:
^None of that justifies the ridiculous price people are slapping on it (goes for ~12C on PC if by some miracle you manage to find someone who actually wants to buy it). Now can I get a reply from someone who actually has a clue?

This sounds pretty salty. Your first mistake was comparing anything on the XB market with PC. Two entirely different worlds. If you need one that bad I'd just give you one.

The reasons it MIGHT be overpriced is exactly what I listed. We're further into the league, people have more disposable currency, when pushing and leveling chars time is money and efficiency is king.
Last edited by PenaeusMonodon on Jan 19, 2019, 12:34:34 PM
Another theory regarding prices that I have is that they are influenced by the sound made when an item drops - the louder, the more an unsure player feels that they should ask if they sell it.

I have a recollection of someone commenting (probably Neversink) that not all valuable things can be uniquely handled, some of them are part of "groups". In order to alert the player to a valuable drop, other (often much) less valuable drops must receive the same alert.

I have noticed that some really useless belts and rings produce a rather over valued audio effect when they drop and I put it down to the "group" effect.

I just had a quick peek at the on-line market for Astramentis and the low list price was 44c. It was not extremely rare, but it seemed rare enough that someone might infer value. And at a glance, it looks like it might be worth something to someone, somewhere. (Unlike some crappy belts which are unlikely to ever be desired.)

So we have an item that looks exotic, sounds exotic, is listed for a high price, and there are not hordes of them out there - any wonder any subsequent finds get listed ... for a high price?

Of course there is always the possibility that someone (or ones) is/are messing around - but if OP is correct about the low demand, then what would be the point?
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
You seriously think someone is going to spend 60C+ on an item they intend to use for leveling?

You seriously think any build tri-stats that heavily while leveling?

Yeah let's ignore a market set by people who actually have a clue and instead continue to let the xbox economy be absolute shit (which is why the playerbase gets smaller each league and people quit fatser, this league has abysmal numbers due to how shitty the economy is) due to sheer idiocy and greed. I called this years ago and it hasn't changed thanks to people with the exact mentality you proposed along with the jokers who defend them.

I've always asked for you people to provide proof of your claims of a demand to justify these outrageous prices and have yet to have one of you actually do it. The simple fact of the matter is people overlue niche items (all uniques actually but niche ones are where they take it to the extreme) due to not having a clue and then refuse to acknowledge that no matter how many times it's pointed out.

That's pretty much telling me they'd rather have an item sit in their inventory for an entire league, then disappear into the void of standard all because of greed, than actually sell it for a reasonable price. In what fucking world does making nothing become more sensible than getting paid fair value?
yea xbox market is fucked but it pays off sometimes. just keep looking youll find one affordable sooner or later. or just use something else. trade was never meant to be easy in this game try reading the dev manifesto for understanding.
https://twitter.com/pvnktrashzak/status/1094866240441671681
Sounds like a lot of salt... Also post proof and evidence of the economy being the driving factor for alleged down turn in players. Good luck with that. Also prove it's "sheer idiocy and greed"

Just because something is listed for a price doesn't mean it sells. Furthermore, any item's value is directly tied to what people are willing to pay. If people are willing to pay 60c, the market deems it is worth, to someone or some peoples, that 60c.

You're comparing two vastly different markets with a multitude of variables including, but not exclusive to player count. This works both ways. My Soul Ripper is 17-35ex on PC. I wouldn't find a buyer on XB for several reasons.

And if you think people WOULDN'T spend something low as 60c to make leveling chars faster, easier, more streamlined, each and every time you're out of your depth. People pay much more than a measly 60c when it comes to leveling and power leveling efficiency.

If you need examples go look at mid tier 6L, Abberath's, Lehup, Thief's, etc.

Your rant makes you sound salty because someone on the TB won't sell you an Astramentis for the price you have in your head.
PenaeusMonodon i don't know you,u eather,but dang man i like and highly approve how you think.you sayd it right,everyhing i got it in my mind but couldnt find the right words to express myself in english like a native one.
I agree some things are overly overpriced when others are not.

You just have to take your time and shop around. I myself even made a post complaining about the prices.

I wanted a dead reckoning jewel and they were selling at 40c each.
I ended up getting all 3 I needed for the build I wanted to do for 40c total.

You just have to shop around. (And yes it is a pain)

Hell, Just last night someone posted an item for 1c, I sent an offer of 1c and he declined it. I sent back the offer with a message saying you put it up for 1c and you rejected my offer SMH, and then removed the offer.

Xbox prices will never be the same as PC. We do not have the numbers for it.
There are just more players on PC which means more chances for people to find that item and put it up for sale.

Let's look at your Astramentis for example.

On PoE trade, the first page when looking at it shows 100 items. All for these are about 15c each. Some as low as 12c some as high as 20c.

http://poe.trade/search/osikarutihasir

PoE Ninja shows that in the past 7 days the price has dropped 3.3%
Selling on average for 13.1 c

https://poe.ninja/challenge/unique-accessories?name=astr

So go look in trade board for Xbox and see how many are for sale, both online and offline. I bet there are no more then 20 of them.

You should be looking to spend about 4 - 5 times what something is posted on PC for, depending on the item. So Astramentis using the 13.1 average from PoE Ninja would be 65.5c at the 5x rate.

But at 65.5c this is nothing compared to a couple seasons ago I think it was up around 2 - 3ex for it or more.

The other problem is that 80% of PoE players do not know what things are worth. They do not know what to put items up for. They go into the trade board look up their item and see hey these people are selling it at this price I will do the same. They do not use PoE Trade or PoE Ninja to see what PC prices are and then do a 4x or 5x deal.

As a side note, Exalted Orbs are much cheaper on Xbox at 70c per.

On PC it is 180c per.

So again just shop around, you might get someone that will give it to you for 20c. But I doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info