Theory - "Low Life Build"

After reading the following quote by Mark,
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Lachdanan wrote:
What about the "when on low life"-mods ?
When you reserve more than 65% of your health, do they count as activated ?
Yes. If more than 65% of your life is reserved, then your current life value is always less than 35% or your maximum life, which means you're on low life.
An obvious idea popped into my head, lets make a build out of the Keystone Pain Attunement!

The gist is that you use Mana Reservation skills with a Blood Magic support gem to get your life to at least 35% of max. The build (linked below) is just in theory at the moment. What I did is picked Witch, took the fastest path to Pain Attunement and then grabbed useful spell casting and defensive nodes along the way. What do you guys think?

Link to build

In Retrospect, the Sixth class may be the best option for this build due to the closest proximity to the keystone. This is what I came up with if starting as the sixth class.
Link to alternate build
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 21, 2012, 9:30:01 PM
Would probably work pretty well if you can get your hands an a lot of the on low life uniques and the flasks are nice too.

You'd need a lot of energy shield, chaos damage could be tricky though.
Yes I would likely not recommend this build for HC until it is tried and tested. Also yes Chaos damage would be the biggest danger, because you can't really pick up the chaos immune keystone with the build now can you? Hopefully we can see some more Chaos resist on items in the near future.
Last edited by Lionguild on Mar 21, 2012, 10:14:08 PM
I'd try something like this

i got rid of some of the increased aoe and resist. the aoe is not really worth the 4% increase. and the resist are a lot easier to come by.

i also changed some of your crit chance points around. and if you got volls you would have a pretty good crit chance going for you.

i ended up with 200% increased crit rate and a 100% increase crit damage. with volls and the 1 extra power charge you can get up to a 400% increased crit rate.

throwing you up too 35% crit chance before gear. once you get dual daggers and some good mods on items i bet you could get it a lot higher. and its still around the target level.
Come by my stream! I answer questions about builds and just general useful information!

http://www.twitch.tv/namtro
Here's something I'd like to know that is sort of related to this subject:

If you take Chaos Inoculation, and then link a mana reserve skill with the Blood Magic support gem, will the game round the life reserve down to nothing if it reserves less than 50%, or are all portions of a single point rounded up?
"
Shadowstorm wrote:

If you take Chaos Inoculation, and then link a mana reserve skill with the Blood Magic support gem, will the game round the life reserve down to nothing if it reserves less than 50%, or are all portions of a single point rounded up?
Chaos Inoculation would break this build. You can't use Blood Magic of any sort with only 1hp.
"
Lionguild wrote:
"
Shadowstorm wrote:

Chaos Inoculation would break this build. You can't use Blood Magic of any sort with only 1hp.

So, you're saying it does indeed round all costs up to the nearest single point. Thanks, that's what I was curious about.
Such a build would probably be based on heavy ice spear usage, I guess? So trying to reach some cold damage keystones seems natural
You would indeed need a lot of energy shield to survive. Should be enough to grab the passives, an ammy with +maximum ES% and Discipline to hit like 4k+ which should allow you to not get outright killed in chaos anyway.

Or anywhere in the later difficulties for that matter, I found just leveling in Merciless harsh. :)
IGN : Jovial
Ya thinking this build is best used in normal to be safe, and with a tank friend. Would like to see what kind of numbers you could get if you focused on damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info