Another Day, Another Instance Crash

Another important instance crashed and burned. All the effort for nothing. Sometimes I wonder what in the hell I'm still doing here. My gameplay has continued to decrease as it is clear GGG is great at pumping out content, but bottom of the barrel for testing and engineering a working product. I leave the game on in the background when I'm working from home to facilitate trading but that's about it. I think it has finally sunk in that this dumpster fire isn't going to change. GGG is obviously satisfied with the product they are offering. It's confusing to me though because if a fan like me is this dissuaded, I can only imagine what it's like for the noobs that come to play and quickly realize what a large portion of this game crashes and bugs are. POE on Xbox has become mainly a group of hardcore fans, and that is a terrible shame. Especially for a game that is A++ for content.
Last edited by Pbfloyd2112 on Jan 17, 2019, 2:13:13 AM
Last bumped on Jan 18, 2019, 7:19:42 AM
"
Pbfloyd2112 wrote:
Another important instance crashed and burned. All the effort for nothing. Sometimes I wonder what in the hell I'm still doing here. My gameplay has continued to decrease as it is clear GGG is great at pumping out content, but bottom of the barrel for testing and engineering a working product. I leave the game on in the background when I'm working from home to facilitate trading but that's about it. I think it has finally sunk in that this dumpster fire isn't going to change. GGG is obviously satisfied with the product they are offering. It's confusing to me though because if a fan like me is this dissuaded, I can only imagine what it's like for the noobs that come to play and quickly realize what a large portion of this game crashes and bugs are. POE on Xbox has become mainly a group of hardcore fans, and that is a terrible shame. Especially for a game that is A++ for content.

I am hopeful that the PS4 will bring some more users and therefore more development bandwidth to the console version. That being said, the release came out in December, they have done three pretty significant patches each of with have definitely made the game more stable and functional for me, so it isn't like they have simply completely ignored the product. I agree it is a frustrating experience far too frequently ont he console, but the idea that "nothing is going to change" just seems wrong when they have made consistent improvements over the past few weeks.

Meanwhile, this has been by far and away my favorite league in PoE and I have more time spent in this league than any other, so for me at least things are definitely worth sticking around for.
Last edited by metfansc on Jan 17, 2019, 4:19:52 PM
It is my impression that the Delve related crash from 3.4 migrated to 3.5 (Once you enter the mine, you have a chance of crashing to desktop each time you use the Delve teleport system, or occasionally when the stash is open. If you leave the mine before crashing, you have a chance to crash when opening a (typically fresh) map portal or occasionally when the stash is open.)

I have often thought that I should end and restart the game occasionally to avoid most of these crashes, but it just seems like too much effort (especially now that it means having to resummon several minions each time). So if I was running a particularly valuable map, I like to think that I would do the restart thing first, but darned if if I know that I would, or if that it would make any difference.

But it should not still be this way so long after 3.4 launched. It really should not.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info