[3.5] Frost blades [+1.5M dps] All content viable!

Frost Blades Raider

UPDATE

Uber Elder
Spoiler
Uber elder is doable but you have to change

with
I have tried to kill elder but im not that good in this fight because i dont know mechanics for him, more experienced players would do it

Hi, at the start of league i was thinking to play something different so i made this build. It's not too much expensive, only endgame items can be expensive like watcher's eye. So basically the main concept of this build was not to be too expensive to start. The biggest problem is to get all res to 75+

Pros
+ Really cheap, around 3-5 EX without enchantment on helmet and corrupted mod on gloves
+ Insta leech
+ Fast clear speed
+ Very easy to play
+ High melee and projectile avoid chance 85%, with flask 92%, with flask and grace 95%
+ High dps

Cons
- Cannot do ele reflect maps
- 5,2k life
- Hard to cap all res to max

Spoiler

Red Elder done!
Shaper done!
Uber Elder in progres

Gear
Spoiler

Weapons
Spoiler

Of course claws

Gives a lot leech and it's instant

Skill chain on maximum frenzy charges, lot of clear speed since raider has frenzy charge on kill/hit unique or rare enemy

Optional: 1 claw with power charge on critical strike must have to upgrade critical strike chance

Helmet
Spoiler

Obvious best helmet for this type of build
Optional enchantment frost blade damage gives us little bit more dps

Body armour
Spoiler

Why Yriel's Fostering? Since frost blades are projectile skill, this armour gives us more crit chance, high evasion, life and dps with ursa

Gloves
Spoiler

Corrupted elemental weeknes gives us lot of dmg and instant curse instead CWDT with curse, with high evade/dodge it's really hard to curse enemy with CWDT

Boots
Spoiler

Of course if we have lot of fenzy charge those boots grants us more dodge for enemy attacks, +1 additional frenzy charge = more dmg and dodge, crit chance from enchantment is not that good since we have generate from claw corruption so best option is penetrate elemental res

Accessories
Spoiler

This is the hardest part in this build, with lightning res from Darkray Vectors its not easy to cap all res to 75%.

So if you are looking for those items you have to look for:
-life
-physical damage to attacks
-res
You will need belt or ring with +30 strenght for ancestral warchief rest in gem section and little bit intelligence for frost bomb.

Flasks
Spoiler

Gems
Spoiler

6L Frost blades - Hypotermia Support - Multistrike support - Melee Physical Damage Support - Elemental Damage with Attacks Support - Ruthless Support

4L Summon Ice Golem - Herald of Purity - Hatred - Enlighten Support

4L Blood Rage - Frost Bomb - CWDT - (OPTIONAL!) Cold Snap or any other gem which you want

4L Phase Run - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - CWDT

3L Whirling blades - Faster Attacks Support - Vaal Grace

3L Vaal Ancestral Warchief - Blind Support - Culling Strike Support

Vaal ancestral warchief gives 2 totems at the same time which gives lot of dmg and if lvl is high totems have more life so the more strenght the higher life of totem

Jewels
Spoiler

For rare jewels you should look for:
-maximum life 7%
-cold damage
-critical multiplier
And hatred watcher's eye (not budget!):
-cold pen
-critical strike chance

Bandits
Spoiler

Alira for elemental res and crit multiplier

Tree
Spoiler

At lvl 94 https://bit.ly/2RP1r7A <- Poe tree
Ascendant Raider
Way of the Poacher -> Avatar of the Slaughter -> Rappid Assault -> Avatar of the Chase

Pantheon
Spoiler

Major Soul of Lunaris
Minor Soul of Yugul

Pastebin
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/PhkmZUHE

Last edited by Kyoshiro17 on Jan 24, 2019, 5:08:34 AM
Last bumped on Mar 8, 2019, 4:11:57 PM
Hm with a larger budget I think a Farruls would help a lot.

Since it allows you to always be at max frenzies. Would effectively increase boss dps with free power charges also. But of course that's an extra 20ex people don't have lol. Also the fact you gotta craft aspect of the cat on a piece of gear now if you wanted to use a Starkonjas I guess.

It does although allow you to run hatred - purity and cat aspect for crit. Now just add a stupid watcher's eye, lul.

But I can see exactly why you chose Yriel's.
Gotta grind em all.
"
ShineOut wrote:
Hm with a larger budget I think a Farruls would help a lot.

Since it allows you to always be at max frenzies. Would effectively increase boss dps with free power charges also. But of course that's an extra 20ex people don't have lol. Also the fact you gotta craft aspect of the cat on a piece of gear now if you wanted to use a Starkonjas I guess.

It does although allow you to run hatred - purity and cat aspect for crit. Now just add a stupid watcher's eye, lul.

But I can see exactly why you chose Yriel's.

Yriel's is budget version and you are right Fraul's Fur is even better but still 20 ex for me is too much atm
Newer player here. I have a couple questions about the two different CWDT gem links.
I know that people use IC and Blood rage together to stop the life drain degen from blood rage. My question is:

How does using two different links affect this?

And is it even ment to work together on this build?

And are both CWDT links low level or is the IC low and blood rage link high level?

Thanks for the help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info