[3.5] Life Based - Death's Oath Occultist | MoM + PA | 75% Chaos Res | All Content viable

Hey,

This is my first Offical guide on the Forum. I like crafting and Playing many many different builds. Especially Builds that are not Meta.

This is Build uses Death's Oath and Essence Drain + Contagion and Blight. Its not a press 1 Button Build.

The Build is very tanky with up to 500k for only Essence drain DPS (with level 21 Essence drain + level 4 Empower we would have a level 26 ED. But im assuming that not everyone can afford that.).

For everyone who wants to Check out the Build live:

Twitch

Sooo... Lets start:

Changelog

Updated Shaper Video

Pros / Cons

Pros:

- fast map clear. Not Windripper level but its quite fast if you Press the right buttons.

- Insanely Tanky and safe. We have a life pool of about 6K + over 1k unreserved mana + Phase Acrobatics.

- Reflect immune

- All content viable. Need to make some more videos though.

- Fun and unique Gameplay.

- It's something different.

- SATISFYING Explosions.

Cons:

- Mana can be annoying to deal with when you not have a proper flask Setup.

- If you press the Wrong combo (ED before Contagion for instance) your clear speed slows down.

- Damage Powerspike can not get much higher if you upgrade your gear because DoT damage mainly scales From Skill tree and Weapon.

- Can cost over 4 Ex When you want to go into Red Tier maps

WHY OCCULTIST OVER TRICKSTER ?

Its better for Map clearing with satisfying explosions and Safer overall.

We have 75% Chaos Resistance which lets us not worry about Death's Oath debuff AT ALL.

Okay... all good but what do we need ?

Quick reminder before we start:

Don't forget to give yourself a Headstart at level 70 And buy a Level 20 / 20 ED for 2 Chaos. It will at least tripple your damage over a level 16 one.

It would be nice if we would have the following Unique items:

Death's Oath:

YOU DON'T NEED TO 6 LINK Death's Oath. Support Gems will affect it even if they are not linked. HOWEVER you need 5 OFF colors... Thats hard. You can to the Jewellers crafting trick, Get lucky White Sockets made by Vorici in Research Or do it with the crafting bench Colors Which would be the 1 Green 2 Blue craft. (2.6% success chance. Not recommended.)...
Or you just buy one...

Cane of Unravelling:

Unusual unique to use. I know. But its the best Damage we can get for our Essence drain. And since we are not in need of way more defence we go with it. you COULD use Breath of Council + Shield but you would use SOO much damage on Essence drain since you only can 4 Link it now and dont get + 2 to Chaos gems which is HUGE. So not recommended to use anything else And preferrably a 6 Link but 4 Link or 5 Link is fine for White / Yellow maps (Death's Oath will clear these alone. you can just run through most of the time).

Allelopathy Gloves:

Just best in slot. Free level 22 Blight 5 Link. Not much else to say really. And they are cheap :)

Impresence Amulet:

Really really really good for DoT Builds as it lets you run Despair for FREE, linked with Blasphemy. HOWEVER you dont NEED it. SINCE we use Witchfire Brew flask Which overrides our Despair with a level 21 One anyways.. But its really nice to have, gives decent stats and DoT damage.
And one thing which gets overseen really easily is Shaper's presence. It let's you have higher uptime on Vaal RF when its up.

Helmet, Rings, Boots:

Use Rares to cap your Resists here. I recommend Energy shield Bases For easy Colors.

Res > Life

If you really want to max out the build, you can get one pair of these:

They are really nice since we are pretty much out of sockets and having increased duration on RF is really nice.

Belt:

Stygian Vise:
high life > Res > Strength > Increased damage Craft.

Abyss Jewel:
Life > DoT damage with 2 Handed > Damage if you killed recently.

Nice. Now that we have everything we need. What gems Do i use?

Death's Oath Gems:
Void Manipulation - Efficacy - Concentrated Effect - Arcane Surge - Swift Affliction - Less Duration

HOLD UP. ARCANE SURGE?
Arcane Surge Doesn't activate but it lets us use Swift Affliction because it adds the Duration Tag onto the Death Aura. Its kinda weird to explain but that's basically how it works.

Cane of Unravelling Gems:
Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction - Empower

Allelopathy Gloves:
Void Manipulation - Efficacy - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction

Helmet:
Blasphemy - Despair - Enfeeble - Flame Dash (We need at least one Movement Skill. You can switch Flame Dash with Righteous fire so you have faster casting if you dont have Increased duration Boots)

Boots:
Contagion - Arcane Surge - Faster Casting - Vaal Righteous Fire

That's basically it. As you can see, we are pretty short on links due to the fact that our Death's Oath and Gloves take up all the links. But its we can fit in everything regardless !

NOW.. Lets watch some video's shall we?

Videos

Shaper:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/364296912?t=01h27m30s

Red Tier Elder:
Will be updated. (Need to spawn him)

Uber Elder:
Will be updated. (Need to spawn him)

Atrizi:
https://youtu.be/VY0i0XNoA1w

Uul-Netol Breachstone:
https://youtu.be/XxCkNGPpPOM

T13 Arachnid Nest Map With Breach + Syndicate:
https://youtu.be/gXFWTGHaFEo

T12 Necropolis:
https://youtu.be/4qeim3-llhA

PoB to wrap it all up

https://pastebin.com/kpZeZFZF

If you want to level

If you want you can level with Essence drain + Contagion at level 12. However, i recommend you get The spell Damage nodes at the start of the Tree and as you can see we cross most of the brand Nodes. So you Can easily level with Storm Brand and respecc with the points you get throughout the Campaign.

And Like i said in the beginning. DPS Can be higher with level 4 Empower + level 21 Essence Drain. ( + 100K )

If you are wondering why i Enabled Frenzy charges:
I use Intuitive leap on the right side of the Scion Area to get Frenzy charges on kill. If you dont want to do that and save 2 Points you can use whatever jewel You want.

All right guys. Thats it. If you enjoyed or have any Questions just ask and i try to answer most of the Questions here. You can also PM me through Twitch if you catch me online.
Hope you guys enjoy the Build. :)
Last edited by DawnPoE on Jan 15, 2019, 10:37:35 PM
Last bumped on Jan 15, 2019, 9:50:34 AM
I play life DO and I feel, that in terms of damage life-based version is far more superior than CI.
But if you have some currency, you may craft staff by yourself. Something like this:

It have ~+20% damage with it (almost Death aura 200k dps).
I am using now Cane of Unrevalling, until I link staff.

Also with DO Essence drain+Contagion is useless, IMO. Death aura clean all maps super fast (with Cane of Unravelling I have 150k Death aura DPS and it is more than enough for mapping). Essence drain is good vs bosses, but I prefer 6-link Blight/Vaal Blight.

Also I am using Rampage with Null and Void gloves - for faster mapping and more damage. For bosses I am using Vaal breach (for rampage stacks).
Last edited by Voidstranger on Jan 15, 2019, 1:46:02 AM
"
Voidstranger wrote:
I play life DO and I feel, that in terms of damage life-based version is far more superior than CI.
But if you have some currency, you may craft staff by yourself. Something like this:

It have ~+20% damage with it (almost Death aura 200k dps).
I am using now Cane of Unrevalling, until I link staff.

Also with DO Essence drain+Contagion is useless, IMO. Death aura clean all maps super fast (with Cane of Unravelling I have 150k Death aura DPS and it is more than enough for mapping). Essence drain is good vs bosses, but I prefer 6-link Blight/Vaal Blight.

Also I am using Rampage with Null and Void gloves - for faster mapping and more damage. For bosses I am using Vaal breach (for rampage stacks).

Yea i agree, that staff is way better but i tried to keep it as budget as possible ! Also i like not only clearing maps fast but also kill bosses. So i really like having ED as single target. With level 22 Blight + DO + Vaal RF it does soo much dmg that i would really miss. Glad to hear someone else finds the Life version better though :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info