Please merge xbox and playstation

GGG,

We need to have a real heart-to-heart here. I have played PoE on xbox since 3.0. The player base has not grown. If anything, it seems like it has dwindled, despite having some of the record breaking leagues that PC has seen. This means that items are exponentially more difficult to come by. Items that are needed to run builds are incredibly expensive (look at inpulsa's for example).

There is already a small player base on console. I know you guys are pretty stuck in your ways in regards to cross-platform, but what about cross platform trade board?

I can't imagine it would be too difficult to merge the trade-boards between consoles, which would allow more available items on both consoles. If you don't do this, then please consider increasing the drop rate. I know this would entail changing it from how it is on PC, but the sheer amount of players on PC compared to console is exponential.

Something needs to change if you guys wish to continue on. We're trying to give constructive feedback and thoughts to help you guys better your platform. We hope you actually read this feedback and don't just copy/paste from your 'generic replies' word doc.
Last bumped on Mar 7, 2019, 3:41:04 PM
I would love for this to happen, no way it happens though, Sony and/or Microsoft will never agree to it sadly.

As for the idea of "it wouldn't be too difficult to do a cross platform trade board" I would have to strongly disagree there, the idea of the two separate systems talking to one another and making sure you have a transaction between them would be a significant undertaking. The servers are either the same or they are not. I just don't see that Microsoft or more likely Sony agreeing that they can be the same, they want to make sure they get their piece of the pie when things are sold and if you have the same environment you can just do your purchases in the other environment and then play them in the other.

That might sound outlandish but that is why consoles react like this to their area, and you can easily have cases where the prices will be different between the two which means not only would be potentially do that they would 100% do that anytime one was cheaper than the other, I know I would.
Last edited by metfansc on Jan 14, 2019, 3:55:18 PM
+1 to this.

and tradeboard filter idea

pop-up window search form with dropboxes

-----------------------------------------------------------------[x]
[type of item] >> [required lvl.] >> [ no/ma/ra/un ] >> [ no/sh/el ]
[subtype]

[implicits] >> [corrupt or not?] >> #1 [determined by item type]
----------------(corrupted)-- >> #2 [determined by item type]

[prefix#1] >> [tiers x-1]
[prefix#2] >> [tiers x-1]
[prefix#3] >> [tiers x-1]

[suffix#1] >> [tiers x-1]
[suffix#2] >> [tiers x-1]
[suffix#3] >> [tiers x-1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

affixes determined by item type.

[required lvl.] going up by 5 levels each time.
[0-5]-[6-10]-[11-15]-[16-20]-[21-25]....[96-100] you get the point.

options menu >> slider for size of the window (up to full screen)

first iteration btw, still a work in progress.

please upvote and add ideas if any come to mind, thank you.
link to OP: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2306367
I actually would be disappointed if GGG increased the drop rates in order to drive up the player numbers. Maybe it is a generational thing, but for me, that act would cheapen the whole experience. I'd be OK with the odd tweak to reflect console realities (like there being no farm bots), but straight up charity would not be to my liking. And if GGG has already upped the drop rates, to be honest, I'd rather remain ignorant of the fact .....
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
I actually would be disappointed if GGG increased the drop rates in order to drive up the player numbers. Maybe it is a generational thing, but for me, that act would cheapen the whole experience. I'd be OK with the odd tweak to reflect console realities (like there being no farm bots), but straight up charity would not be to my liking. And if GGG has already upped the drop rates, to be honest, I'd rather remain ignorant of the fact .....

I would rather have more players playing, which in essence means more items available. It's just like how PC has exponentially more items available on the market due to the exponentially more playerbase they have. I would rather them merge trade markets with playstation (ONLY THE TRADE MARKET), solely to have more items available to people.

But items like yoke of suffering, inpulsas, aul's, etc are exponentially harder to come by than they are on pc. Merging with playstation market would allow for both console's to have more item availability.
It would be really awesome, unfortunately I cant see a world where xbox and playstation can share servers.
But it would indeed be cool if there could be a shared AH somehow.
Playstation will be bigger, I just feel it.
I do hope the PS is a bigger community because if they are we will benefit in QoL improvements that will come from supporting that bigger community.
Merge Xbox and Playstation.

You mean so both Playstation and Xbox players can play and socialize together? So we all can have shared Servers on all Consoles together?

Nahh, it ain´t gonna happen. Forget it. It is as simple as that. It is never gonna happen.
Would be very nice. Definitely not gonna happen. Imo, these guys missed their chance when they released this game without a chat system. This game is a bit overwhelming to a lot of potential players who dont know how good the game actually can be. Chat has always helped new player development on pc. Not sure what can bring up the player base now. Im having a hard time selling good items at 1/2 their price. Feels like no one is playing...esp not on standard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info