unexpected disconnection

I've constantly gotten this message numerous times and makes the game unplayable for me, i'll be getting ready to kill izaro for my last ascendancy and get discontented have no idea what do please help
Last edited by angrysandvich on Jan 12, 2019, 7:05:39 PM
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2019, 4:20:54 PM
it also happened to me when mapping, disconnected me 3 times in about 30 seconds

have you been able to fix this? I get disconnected constantly within a minute sometimes it lasts longer.
I have not, this is the only season it's done it to me
well we have to find out if it's a connection issue.
GGG have made a guide to using the WinMTR program, so please find that - install the program and post the data here.
It's happening to me too. I can't do a single map without at least one disconnect now. I had no issues before current patch, but since then, it has been constant:( (I run the game with -noasync and -waitforpreload command lines)
Last edited by Karpathos on Jan 18, 2019, 12:44:55 PM
I have same problem. Facing this error [INFO Client 23368] Abnormal disconnect: An unexpected disconnection occurred.
Most days, it happens once every 20-30 minutes. Sometimes it happens 3 times during one map, other times i can play 2 hours without a problem.
In most cases, when i kill invasion hero, or go to him and click him to open the dialogue, game freezes -0fps (or it happens when i read some letter, or any random event, like moving). It loads for about 15 seconds. Sometimes game continues, in most cases i see what happens next for split second and then im booted to login screen.

I tried steam/nonsteam/32bit/64bit/driver updates/console commands/fullscreen,window/lockstep,adaptive/dx11 or other, but nothing seems to make any difference. Two nights i left ping running for several EU servers(pinged all of them every second) and i saw only about ~20-30 lost packets out of 30000 pings.

WinMTR:
https://pastebin.com/hxYbHje6

I have 1000+ hours played in several online games past years and i have never had problem with disconnects(lag etc) in any of them.
Should i worry about first 2 rows in WinMTR results?
Any help is appreciated.

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| WinMTR statistics |
| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
| No response from host - 100 | 241 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| No response from host - 100 | 241 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| chello217023241085.chello.sk - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 4 | 10 | 55 | 11 |
| sk-bts04a-rd1-ae10-0.aorta.net - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 7 | 10 | 50 | 8 |
| sk-bts03a-ri1-ae0-0.aorta.net - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 6 | 12 | 88 | 11 |
| 213.46.181.14 - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 6 | 13 | 74 | 11 |
| xe-10-2-0.cr0-vie2.ip4.gtt.net - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 12 | 17 | 71 | 22 |
| cloudflare-gw.cr0-vie2.ip4.gtt.net - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 13 | 18 | 128 | 18 |
| 172.65.211.187 - 0 | 1207 | 1207 | 11 | 13 | 30 | 13 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider
We're posting WinMTR statistics, but nothing changes really. In mere two hours today i've got this type on disconnect 3 times in delve and guess what? -30% exp towards lvl 96.

Frankly it looks like GGG don't care about problem, becouse it affects only a fraction of their playerbase.

Last time i drop 800$ to support devs, lesson learned.
The painful truth about these issues, is that their origin is not GGG's servers.

The PC industry, when you get into it, can go either very well or go very badly and you need to know more than the spin speed of a hard disk to know where the problem is.

The commonest cause of remote connections is either one end or the other; in many cases, it's the end where the most is likely to change.

Host servers don't change at all unless somebody walks in there and does something right or does something wrong. They just sit there handling incoming and then tell you where you are and where something else is.

If other games are working fine, then do nothing.
Because the best you can do is nothing.
Pat yourself on the shoulder and know you used common sense.

Wait out problems of this type; They fix themselves.
I just want to throw something out that works for me when Im disconnecting when trying to get into the game or change areas.

So what I do is load the game. Go into options and change my Directx version. I normally run directx 11. So I'll say switch it to 9. Then when the game reloads I'll then go and switch it back to 11.

I find I have to do this everything I want to play the game, however when I do the game runs alot smoothly for me and loads quicker. I dunno if this will help at all for people having similar problems. All I know is it helps me, nuisance as it is.

Worth a try though right?

I hope it does help though, even if its a bit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info