Tradeboard Filter Idea --- GGG please take a look?

pop-up window search form with dropboxes

-----------------------------------------------------------------[x]
[type of item] >> [required lvl.] >> [ no/ma/ra/un ] >> [ no/sh/el ]
[subtype]

[implicits] >> [corrupt or not?] >> #1 [determined by item type]
----------------(corrupted)-- >> #2 [determined by item type]

[prefix#1] >> [tiers x-1]
[prefix#2] >> [tiers x-1]
[prefix#3] >> [tiers x-1]

[suffix#1] >> [tiers x-1]
[suffix#2] >> [tiers x-1]
[suffix#3] >> [tiers x-1]
--------------------------------------------------------------------

affixes determined by item type.

[required lvl.] going up by 5 levels each time.
[0-5]-[6-10]-[11-15]-[16-20]-[21-25]....[96-100] you get the point.

options menu >> slider for size of the window (up to full screen)

this would be the best, easiest and fastest way to do it!
with probably the best overview you could possibly give to the players.

PLEASE GGG, MAKE THIS A THING ?!?!?!?!

if i could put my supportive money on xbox towards something specific..

it woulds be this hands down!!!

everyone please upvote this, i know you want this too!

first iteration btw ^
Last edited by graass on Jan 13, 2019, 8:56:40 PM
Last bumped on Jan 22, 2019, 8:57:43 AM
bump
So as an example, how would your concept be used to search for

Stygian Vise with Max Life and any two elemental resists plus an open suffix?
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
am i not clear on this post LOL ?
the post is the example.

it's practically the same as POE.Trade !

only this would be for the console version of POE.
Last edited by graass on Jan 12, 2019, 5:10:57 PM
bump
I may not be understanding your parameters entirely, and that means most console players won't either. Note that I have never used the poe trade search before since I don't play pc, so my understanding might be diffent. I have used poe.ninja just to get rough prices though. Perhaps some kind of hybrid system would be better?

So take the base trade board that we have now and add in more your your filterable options. Example:

Board > Body armor > Base > New filter box (optional / can be dismissed)

In this "New filter box" you would be given several options like:

I say or because some may not know if a stat is a prefix or suffix or could be a hybrid on one.

Then you could add more options like iLvl, Elder / Shaper, corrupt, # of sockets / links, etc...

P.S don't mind the quick shitty MS paint I threw together.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Jan 12, 2019, 8:28:12 PM
hmmm..

didn't think about the hybrids yet, but don't they just follow the normal affix rules which decides if it's a prefix of a suffix?

i might have to play around on paint too, just to make it more clear for everyone.

"
I say or because some may not know if a stat is a prefix or suffix or could be a hybrid on one.

that's why i put in 'determined by item type' so people won't have to start up their pc and check what prefixes/suffixes you can get on a certain item. (which i do anyway because pathofbuilding is a fast way to check things out for myself.) but this is where normal/shaper/elder comes in and predetermines what affixes you can get on a item.

i guess i forgot about putting in ilvl since those determine the tiers you can get on a equip.

but yes, a hybrid might even be better, taking the original trade board and expanding on and adding to with a more advanced search form and the poe.ninja system.
so that a player can see what the minimum and maximum pricing for a certain item is or can be.

do you use the pathofbuilding program? i guess you do.

then you probably have created some rare items on it too, just to see what is possible,what is not and what is the best thing to do, right?

basically, it should be like that, just way more advanced with way more options to narrow down a search for a specific item with specific stats on it.

hope this gives you a bit of an idea of where im going with this.

i want it to be advanced but oversimplified at the same time too.

so that people will actually find the item they're looking for in less than 5 mins instead of almost an hour of scrolling through every piece of gear. (and still not finding the right piece)

and not quit the game after the first week of playing POE because of the current nightmarish state of the trademarket.

right now searching for a decent life+res ring is still a living hell.
unless you're looking for a unique then you'll find it in no time.

i'm gonna put some stuff on paper, think it a bit more through and come back with something more comprehensive!!

if anything else comes up please post so i can add to the whole.

i won't change much to the original since im already simplifying things.

a paint ss should make it more clear when it's ready.

this would all be so much easier if i knew how to program. lol
then i'd have a template ready for GGG for them to put some code in.

I think the way items are filtered now is a big part of the issue too. Even after you have typed what you are looking for, you still have to scroll through numerous pages to even hope to find it. If these could somehow be brought to the front or made the only items displayed, we would have a much easier time.

I do use PoB both on PC and phone app. I don't really get into the nitty gritty of making every piece of rare gear though. Hopefully when we get account linking, we could just import all of our stuff so much easier. Also I have very little idea what I am doing on the other toggle-able options to show the max dps for a build. Mainly just a placeholder for tree and what gear to look for in one place.

I'm also thinking there could be an "advanced search" kind of menu that could be pulled up. This is where we could have all those other options.

LS + D-pad up = bring up this menu
LS + D-pad down = clear this menu

If we are to follow with the current control scheme anyway, still hoping for full custom control maping though...
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"
I think the way items are filtered now is a big part of the issue too. Even after you have typed what you are looking for, you still have to scroll through numerous pages to even hope to find it. If these could somehow be brought to the front or made the only items displayed, we would have a much easier time.

oh yes, this alone would save the players so much time and frustration.

"
I'm also thinking there could be an "advanced search" kind of menu that could be pulled up. This is where we could have all those other options.

LS + D-pad up = bring up this menu
LS + D-pad down = clear this menu

this is actually perfect! and it fits in the current control scheme too.
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info