Don't waste your time for this game on Xbox...

yep, experiencing same shit in my game so i'm done with this league...i'll come back when ps4 releases but i'm expecting it to not be any different so we'll see when that releases...fun league when it actually works without crashing, but everytime i get to a point after patches when i say to myself "feels like it's finally been fixed" it fucking crashes again, and then again, and again, and again to the point where now i no longer care.
Last edited by somedude683 on Jan 16, 2019, 2:32:59 PM
The idea that this game is continuously upgraded and that the OG Xbox is vastly underpowered to begin with and you still expect to play the game with no issues, just shows entitlement. That’s like you running an inter grated video card and blaming the devs for your underpowered hardware. Upgrade,

Devs have done a great job and continue to do a great job supporting the game. Yes we need some streamlining sure. The problem isn’t the devs. The problem is the underpowered og Xbox. Quit complaining, add some constructive things. If this game has too many bugs for you, maybe you should try a fallout game or elder scrolls game😂
"
raise_hc wrote:
This game is unplayable on xbox when it comes to the "end game farming". Freezes, crashes, VERY LOW FPS RATE when you have a map with bigger monster packs. All this stuff convinced me to stop playing this sh*t at lvl 92....

I just wanted to point out that the only thing that is possibly true here is that:

User experience may vary.

I don't have any terrible issues. The only bad issue I have is the infrequent stutter-load when a Betrayal pack shows up. That's it. Everything else runs fairly smoothly. "Fairly" being I have only had one map crash when loading. But, I haven't played much this season, to be honest.

The thing is - PoE seems very fragile when it comes to how accepting it is of substandard connections and client-side variables. So, it makes sense that individual experiences may vary quite a bit. This is, indeed, a quality issue and I wish GGG would work harder to clean up and streamline things so that console users would have a much better experience, overall.

It's really up to individual experiences, IMO, and not everyone is having an "unplayable" experience.
Washington DC server: Currently, the game is quite annoying between roughly 7:00 pm and 10:00pm Eastern whatever time. It shifts with the daylight savings time changes. If this was the only time available to me to play, I would have a hard time enjoying the game. Fortunately I have a choice when to play, and off those hours, the game generally runs well. So I tend to feel that the game is not a massive screw up, but it did strike me that I just skip the times when it is. I'm upgrading my internet service and perhaps things may improve - but it is also probable that the evening issues are on GGG's side.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
Morkonan wrote:
"
raise_hc wrote:
This game is unplayable on xbox when it comes to the "end game farming". Freezes, crashes, VERY LOW FPS RATE when you have a map with bigger monster packs. All this stuff convinced me to stop playing this sh*t at lvl 92....

I just wanted to point out that the only thing that is possibly true here is that:

User experience may vary.

I don't have any terrible issues. The only bad issue I have is the infrequent stutter-load when a Betrayal pack shows up. That's it. Everything else runs fairly smoothly. "Fairly" being I have only had one map crash when loading. But, I haven't played much this season, to be honest.

The thing is - PoE seems very fragile when it comes to how accepting it is of substandard connections and client-side variables. So, it makes sense that individual experiences may vary quite a bit. This is, indeed, a quality issue and I wish GGG would work harder to clean up and streamline things so that console users would have a much better experience, overall.

It's really up to individual experiences, IMO, and not everyone is having an "unplayable" experience.

This.

Certainly want to be careful not to delegitimatize the problems that some players are experiencing. I am not having the same issues that other people are having. I've had two disconnects, with nothing major going on in the way of graphics or action. Was able to log back in with portals remaining.

For what it's worth, I'm on XB1X in CA with a couple character MTXs running.

Would be nice if some of you having issues to report back after the next patch. This game deserves to be played!

Good luck, Exiles!
"
Jiff69 wrote:
If this game has too many bugs for you, maybe you should try a fallout game or elder scrolls game😂

Not to nitpick or anything, but you know you listed two of the buggiest game franchises ever...

Some sauce - https://gamingbolt.com/15-buggiest-games-ever-released/15
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Last edited by Corrison on Jan 17, 2019, 3:36:47 PM
"
Corrison wrote:
"
Jiff69 wrote:
If this game has too many bugs for you, maybe you should try a fallout game or elder scrolls game😂

Not to nitpick or anything, but you know you listed two of the buggiest game franchises ever...

Some sauce - https://gamingbolt.com/15-buggiest-games-ever-released/15

Think they were being facetious :D
"
LOLUBAD wrote:
Do you guys realize how ridiculous it sounds recommending someone spend hundreds of dollars to upgrade their xbox and get an SSD, SOLELY for a game? That's ludicrous.

Better yet, the devs should do their job and make it so people are able to play on any kind of xbox. Or better yet just fix the game in general.

I understand where you are coming from, but it is Microsoft's stand as well, the original XBox is from 2013, that is 6 years old, if you were playing on a 6 year old never updated desktop and posted complaints on the forum that PoE was running slowly you would be run off the site. The current XBox now is the X1X not XB1, if you have the PS3 and a game runs on a PS3 and PS4 are you really surprised it works a lot better on the PS4?
Also, the other thing you have to look at is your ethernet cable.

How old is it, have you updated it when you got a new modem.

If you are using the old Cat5e cables well you're going to get packet loss. Look at the cable and see if it is Cat5. If it is try upgrading to a Cat6 or Cat6a, no need to go to a Cat7.

I upgrade my Modem just recently, and I am still experiencing some lag. I have open all my ports for the xbox as well.

My next step is to check the packet loss. Xbox says I have no packet loss from the internal checks that it does.

I am going to buy a Cat6a cable tonight. It is by far the cheapest thing to do and on the weekend I am going to do a check between my place and the GGG's Washington servers which I am connected to.

Cat5 10-100Mbps 100Mhz Unshielded
Cat5e 1Gbps 100Mhz Unshielded
Cat6 1Gbps 250Mhz Shielded/Unshielded
Cat6a 10Gbps 500Mhz Shielded
Cat7 10Gbps 600Mhz Shielded

You have to remember that you need to do everything on your end before you start blaming others for problems that you have the ability to fix.

Not everyone on Xbox has these problems that you speak of. If everyone did then I can say yes GGG needs to fix something but since some of us have issues and others do not. You need to do everything in your power to fix it and then you can say. "Hey I have upgraded this, I have upgraded that I have done this I have done that and this stuff is still happening"

I am not saying go out and buy an Xbox X (Hell it is 599 here in Canada) but look at the other smaller things you can do first.

1) Upgrade your modem. Companies change their modems all the time and the also give out old refurbished ones as well. So try and get a new one from your ISP and ask to make sure it is not refurbished.

2) Check your cables like I said, 10 years ago a Cat5 or Cat5e was good enough for our internet service but as you see above with the new internet you upgraded to a couple of years ago the cable will not be providing you with the best service.

3) Check to make sure your Xbox is speaking to the modem properly, open the proper ports for it.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

4) Clear your Xbox Cache and re-download the game. Also, you might want to look at getting an external HD for your Xbox. I got one a few years ago and surprisedly it made a difference. And yes clearing a cache is a thing. It gets rid of all the useless information stored on the Xbox, it moves some files closer together and thus allowing a game to have all the information closer together and not spaced apart as much when you re-download it.
"
xPeleusx wrote:
If you are using the old Cat5e cables well you're going to get packet loss.

This statement is simply inaccurate. A Cat5e cable is not going to "get packet loss" unless you have a) electrical interference or b) a defective cable.

You can certainly try switching out your cable for another one, but "upgrading" to Cat6a is not sensible unless you actually have a 10Gigabit network (which, even if you did, wouldn't matter because the Xbox doesn't have a 10Gigabit network interface).

I'm not saying the problems are all GGG's fault...but packet loss is a lot more likely to be a factor of something upstream like your ISP or one of the ISPs or back-bone networks between you are the GGG servers.

HOWEVER, all that said, I can tell you that I see frequent rubber-banding on my X1X, and absolutely none on my PC. They're both right beside each other, on the same network -- I even switched the cable. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info