Leveling Support Gems

Q1 - Is there any Real Benefit to level up a support gem like the Minion Damage, Increased Duration, Pierce, Chance to Ignite?

I may be incorrect but I have not noticed any benefit - in fact I'm seeing a negative here in that the requirements increase when you level the gem but as far as I can see the gems benefits remain constant.

If this is correct then it would be silly to level them up.

Q2 - is there a thread that shows the skill/support gems level attributes and requirements?

I'm BACK :)
Many of the supports show small increases as they level. I think the minion ones may be 1% per level. Some supports may take more than one level to show an increase, based on what type they are and how great the benefit is. Either way, every support gains some benefit from leveling, but most of them do so at an increased mana cost.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
every support gains some benefit from leveling, but most of them do so at an increased mana cost.
How can you say that? (well I guess you could say that if you haven't played in like 5 months or something).
Supports never increase in cost at the moment.
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Ok thanks guys - actually I have obviously taken a closer look at this and yes there is an increase in the support benefit with levelling albeit very small sometimes.

I still want to know if there is a table somewhere that shows the level benefits/costs of the support & skill gems somewhere.
I'm BACK :)
"
Coldet wrote:
Ok thanks guys - actually I have obviously taken a closer look at this and yes there is an increase in the support benefit with levelling albeit very small sometimes.

What the others are telling you is correct. My favorite Support Gem for my Bowangers (Bow Rangers) is the rare Mana Leech Support Gem. (I say "rare" because, of all the characters I've created and played through to Chaos, I've only found one. That may just be my bad luck in finding them though).

At first it didn't look like leveling the Mana Leech was of any benefit. It leeches only 1% at Level 1. But, then I noticed, at Level 3 it leeches 2%. So, approximately every 3 Levels, it increases its leech by another percentage point. Right now, I have this Support Gem at Level 13 and it leeches 3%. It doesn't seem like much, but it allows me to spam my "bread-and-butter" Skills with virtually no Mana loss. ;-)

p
Read My Links!: http://www.theamazonbasin.com/forums/index.php?/topic/121389-read-my-links/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info