[3.9] Rangercosta's 4-Totem + Mirage Archer Toxic Rain (Deathless Uber Elder) - low/medium budget

Very good uber elder shredder. I'm still getting used to the build but I did it in 2 portals. Feel free to check out my gear. I changed a few things. Namely: I dropped Empower, used Blasphemy so I don't have to worry about my flasks running out as much, and I'm using Impresence as it covers mana cost, plus fits the build perfectly.

One issue: I run out of mana very fast. Do you have any way to mitigate this?
You could use Thief's torment for mana on hit, since you hit a lot.
Otherwise you can get some mana regen nodes at the cost of some dmg or attack speed.
Anyway, attack speed should be balanced with increased duration so you dont run out of mana as fast, while still doing DoT.
Regarding the Impresence, it is a good gear option I also considered, but you lose quite a bit of damage, because the 16% DoT multiplier is just amazing on an amulet. Also, less options for resistances/life than on a rare amulet. Having despair aura is nice quality of life, though despair lasts 19 sec on my build, so you just have to click once :)
True. It's just a bit more expensive to get chaos damage + DoT on an ammy for me. Despair being there at all times is really nice, plus slowing enemies + reducing damage is an extra life net. I'll see if my build can afford using Thief's Torment and still having maxed resists. Thanks!
Last edited by Torean1 on Jan 17, 2019, 8:52:37 PM
without a hybrid flask its pretty hard to sustain mana, i run out of it all the time without using one, so im always running with a hallowed hybrid flask. So you'll need to swap your witchfire brew for one, or get more mana nodes, or try to get some rings with high mana regen% and some enchants that help with mana. One of my rings has the enchant for -7 mana cost of skills, which helps a bit too.
"
Very good uber elder shredder. I'm still getting used to the build but I did it in 2 portals. Feel free to check out my gear. I changed a few things. Namely: I dropped Empower, used Blasphemy so I don't have to worry about my flasks running out as much, and I'm using Impresence as it covers mana cost, plus fits the build perfectly.

One issue: I run out of mana very fast. Do you have any way to mitigate this?

I improved my mana gain with a hybrid potion and a plus combo clarity + watcher eyes.

Last edited by afonsosp on Jan 18, 2019, 2:38:22 AM
I Killed Uber Elder again , now with a new setup:

Flasks:

I have no mana issues with this setup, and I can use Haste + Aspect of the cat + Clarity

I did some other changes:

* Starting using Aspect of the cat
* I Maximized my attack speed in jewels and my gloves + aspect , so I changed Nature`s Adrenaline to Master Alchemist and started using Master Toxicist

I really felt I have with this setup a good dmg mitigation/survival + very good damage.

Thanks!
Nice build, I really liked seeing all the Toxic Rain variations this league (I played one myself this league, though mine was with Occultist and ended not focusing so much on TR). I had seen a few people using the multiple totems support, but yours really got the dps pretty high.

I played around with the PoB configuration and checked other bows, yours is really good, couldn't find a better one (except for using a Thicket Bow base or getting a +1 corruption) since any other combination of mods would result in less totem dps. Pretty nice bow for its value, I might use that build as my league starter next league.

I'll also recommend that to a friend who has a hard time surviving fights with his TR pathfinder (he's quite lazy and doesn't move around at all during boss fights, dying all the time to telegraphed attacks, maybe with totems he will finally do bosses on his own instead of asking for help all the time).
i lvoe that someone is using ranged totems. always been a fan. i think the new multi totem support gem makes totems viable.

i am actually currently making this

currently leveling ranged totem and elemental focus support. then gonna slot blast rain into it for some additional free dps with three totems.

it wont do alot of dmg but it should make a bit of difference especially if i am running around too much trying to stay alive. dont know yet if it will be worth using in a ring slot due to low dmg but will find out.
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
Yesterday I tested again, improving my build with phase run.

I did deathless: All guardians, shaper, Uber Atzri, and almost a deathless in the Uber Elder , one portal lost :( .

The DPS is really insane, as I said before, I'm running a different tree for testing, I focused to maximize the attack speed on the gloves and jewels with AS , life and DOT multi, so I moved to the Master Toxicist, I started using phase run to compensate the mov speed and aspect of the cat for AS and defenses.

Great build. I have 0 issues whatsoever killing anything. Decent speed mapping, stupid fast boss killer.

I'm looking to sell my full build to try some newer things though. PM me if you have any interest! IGN: Doctor

Here's my gear:

Last edited by Torean1 on Jan 23, 2019, 11:18:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info