Best witch build?

Two minion witches, and a minion Scion.

I start off trying different builds and it always seems to circle right back to my minions. The first minion witch was built to about level 40 with a lot of trial and error, and then my second one is level 57 and is a flippin damage dealing monster. I use mostly fire and lightning when casting and the minions are just amazing at my level. They have about 3k+hp each for 9 zombies and I either use those fire banner looking spectres (3 of them) that shoot three flames which are deadly in 3s. Even my guardian has lived for about a week and a half now. He's got all sorts of nice (trash) blue and yellow gear. I didn't even go all out on him and he's rockin!

As for my armor I switched from ES gear to mostly AR/ES gear. Seems to have helped a little bit when facing rooms full of mobs. I don't die in 3 seconds like I used to. The thing that still gets me though is when I am unprepared for a specific resist and get killed in a second. I lose my EXP as a lesson learned :)
Last edited by gertpacu on Jan 17, 2014, 1:26:57 PM
"
B3RTY wrote:
there is no best witch build, witch sucks..

i'm lvl 77 cold witch... just battled way to boss on a 67 map only to get 1 shotted by a bunch of heavy physical dealing flicker pirates ffs.

You fail at cold crit...

I have been soloing 67-68 maps with crazy mods like elemental weakness and 25% atk/cast/mvmt speed since level 68. Soloed lunaris/piety at 65. Cold crit might not do top notch damage but she is great at surviving pretty much anything. Using decent gear from another character, but nothing that cost more than a few chaos orbs minus my maligaros gloves which are not at all necessary.

Use granites when something manages to get in melee range, which should be almost never. Buy an Eye of Chayula, I got my +15 one for a measly 12co, it will save your life, gets rid of all interrupts too.

Go check out some cold crit guides. I use a custom 7 power charge build based loosely on the impulse build (see the builds list thread). Freeze the whole screen with cold snap/proliferation/increased crit chance/increased aoe. 20% FP with GMP, life and mana leech, and PCoC. Skellie totem for the rare wandering boss like the leap slam,smash your face with a greatsword guy that pops up. Im doing 69 maps at lvl71 now with little trouble. Surgeons dispel freeze quicksilver pots and +armor surgeons granite flasks are my friends.

My Build
Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 17, 2014, 1:59:57 PM
Good question...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info