Reflecting on Past Releases: Part 3

keep going with the good works GGG
Nice to see these Videos of Past Releases, and this 3rd part even contains the League when I first entered the world of Wraeclast on the road of the Path of Exile. And when I play todays League and see some of the Characters that I first saw the very first time I began playing this, it is more nostalgic that I would ever imagine it would be.

Remember specifically that the one League I started in, so many people hated and couldn´t stand it. Forums were full of so much hatred towards this League, but I, I actually liked it so much. I also tried my best to fulfill many of the Challenges, but didn´t come near the 12 mark. The league after I happened to not like that much, but that one was well received by many a player still, and the one after that one again, was perhaps one of the best Leagues ever to get lots of praise, even though many still hated it, but it was very much liked too.
And when regarding Challenges, I still struggle to complete my first 12 ones. Even after such a long time. Lol. But this one Betrayal I will nail my first 12. I know I will.
Wow you guys forgot Abyss

Was one of the best league so far with breach, for me.
JpDoo
Last edited by Jpdoo on Jan 9, 2019, 10:28:41 PM
Dope ! And when you just think that everything was free from the beginning...

I remember watching the first Fall of Oriath trailer when it was released and absolutely FREAKING OUT about 5 new acts. Thanks for posting this reflection series. I haven't watched that trailer since that day and it still gives me that same feeling even though I've been playing through those acts for a year and a half now.

Even my least favorite leagues, Essence and arguably Bestiary, had plenty of redeeming qualities that kept me playing well into the league's life cycle. For the most part the game just keeps getting better with every release. Here's to many more years of creative content and more surprises!
All this old news leading up to a 4.0 teaser or something? ;)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
I enjoyed Legacy, even though it didn't really work.
I don't have enough spare time to get anywhere in a League, so I usually don't play them.
Legacy let me see some of the mechanics I'd missed. Even though it was still quite watered down.

I'm puzzled by the claim of Delve feeling just right.
Doesn't everyone just run straight to the node and ignore all the enemies along the way?
Nice and i know u hard work GGG.
Please fix:
"
The Generation of an Infinite Dungeon
Every player needs a different Azurite Mine, which can span arbitrarily far in three directions. It's also important that the mine is fully-connected. Because we can't generate these in advance (the full mine is too large to store for millions of players), we had to develop a very complex procedural generation system that guaranteed connectivity by nesting different-sized spanning trees together. This was made more difficult by the requirement that we might need to tweak balance values related to the spawn rate or allowable depth of various encounters as the league progresses, without damaging people's existing mines.

This is something I would absolutely love to hear about in greater detail, if you are at a liberty to divulge more. Maybe a dev blog sort of thing focusing on this algorithm?
"
keeperofstars wrote:

Your goal for 2019? Make it so every league is always full till the end and us screaming we didn't have time to do it all before the league is up.

Yep. they do it with the challenges. It is more and more impossible to the 3rd reward because of challenges, that is based on poor rng or days of stupid grinding

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info