[3.5] A True faceroller - The Massive Mjolner AoE Cyclone Arc/Ball Lightning Life Occultist

nice build, I was bored out of my skull and needed something with screen clearing goodness that wasn't arc/mines, this is pretty damn solid and makes delve a joke actually. The life return means you just go full dark, no flares. Nothing kills you (yet) because of the leech.

Couple things I learned:

you MUST have a warlord's mark ring, I tried without and you need the sustain.

Getting enough STR/INT early on? NOT EASY. I had to reshuffle the tree to pickup some nodes OP did not. Balancing around these req's is a HUUUUGE PITA TBH... and I'm 93. Frankly you can't do it if you're 70 ish don't even try IMHO.

even at ~5800 life it's still a BIT spongy, load up on flasks for T15+ syndicate encounters, they can STILL be rippy, same for SOME T15 bosses (not enough balls to do T16's yet, I don't feel like losing my XP so for to 94).

IF you're willing to invest into the build (I put in about 8-10 exa) then it makes short work of MOST content. It's melee with MONDO A0E, FAR more than molten strike; the arc chains are redic nice for clearing trash in T15.

Overall, it's cool build but something you spec into once you're 80+ IMHO, I'd never in a million years use this as a starter for sure. There are other OCC builds that do better without microing the tree and gear so much.

Thanks OP!
I went into this build knowing that you need to stack strength and int. My advice is to pretty much just rush to Master of the arena, Warior's Blood, Light of Divinity and Retribution. There is still a need for a couple items with str and int but it shouldn't be too tough to handle.
Been leveling with cyclone as soon as I could get my hands onto it and shoved it in a tabula. I found the life gain to be lacking the first few gem levels, but it picked up soon. Once I hit lvl 60 the rest of the content was a easy! I even did Merc lab before last kitava :D

EDIT: Just did uber lab as lvl 75^^ Done with 47% dmg tabula and belt of the deceiver.

EDIT2: Got myself this ring and was thinking of swithcing off temp chains for spider when doing bosses? Or would it be better to just drop the curse nodes at Whispers of Doom and spec them another place?
Last edited by ZerotZallander on Mar 30, 2019, 5:44:35 PM
I leveled a different build wasnt enjoying it so Re-Skilled to this build @ level 60 and while i do die sometimes due to low resistance stats and slow reflexes due to medication it's still a fun build for me.
I equiped my Mjolner using the astramentis amulet which has 106 to all attributes which makes the stat requirements much easier.
I'm really enjoying this build and it will be fun seeing it at higher levels ......
I have to redo my tree since the reset but I will plan on checking if arc nerf is meaningful, probably not in close quarters
Are you going to update this?
Hey, sorry didn't see at all. Nope, i must admit i am not. Playing different builds atm and my time is limited as i just started working full time as well, haven't even considered last leagues if there are improvements for this.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
i made this build back in betrayal and i'm visiting it again but i'm changing some stuff in it.

I've used a devouring diadem instead of devoto, now i can fit in herald of thunder too and i'm using mom to get an extra buffer with the ES you get instead of just using it with the eldritch battery implicit. feels nice so far, i'm 68 and i can fit everything in, no str or int issues at all.
Also vaal arc is godly in legion clearing.
not sure if you are interested but i could give you my POB where i am right now.
You are most welcome to share it! I'm not playing poe right now, but maybe someone else can get advantage and if i'm ever returning to this build i'll compare it as well :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info