[3.5] A True faceroller - The Massive Mjolner AoE Cyclone Arc/Ball Lightning Life Occultist

I present to you all, one of my all time best builds for facerolling in this game. I think this is my all time best build in terms of how easy/relaxing/satisfying it is to play.

A long time ago, i used to be the guy with the AoE cyclone guide, the first to find a good use for atziri's disfavour. I loved that maximizing AoE cyclone and i always wanted to play big aoe builds as it just feels great - well now i have made a new great one - combining my favorite class, attack, spell and build features all into one character!

Build cornerstones:
- Mjolner x 2 (Arc + Ball Lightning)
- AoE Increases (nodes, items, corruptions)
- Blasphemy (Enfeeble/Temporal Chains + Warlords Mark Ring)
- Life build (allows strong uniques to be used)
- Occultist (Curses, death-explosions, immune to freeze/chill)
- Good movement speed (+178% with quicksilver)

Playstyle:
- Roll through and whole screen explodes

Strengths and weaknesses:
- Extremely good Miner
- Extremely good to AoE Clear while moving fast
- Not ideal for top boss fights (like Guardians/shaper etc)
- Bad starter, requires maybe 5-10ex gear

Core Uniques:

Build Explanation:

How can i say this simply. This build just stacks on aoe and explodes the whole screen if there is decent density. The explosions proc warlords mark and takes 2 explosions to kill so they can chain themselves if enough mobs. The best i tried was few times room 2-3 screens away was completely dead in the other rooms. It also has good single target but isn't some meta giga uber deleter.

Occultist is the perfect match. I was slayer first but changed when i realized how infinitely better occultist is. Occultist in this setup provides strong damage increases, strong damage reductions from enemies, curses which even against ubers can be felt, as well as immunity to freeze/chill(the only thing which can really stop cyclone) and most importantly cursed enemies have a chance to explode.

Additionally it deserves mention that movement speed and increased aoe is consciously chosen because it makes playing far easier, it should also be mentioned that because of that + blasphemy curses + life gain on hit support in cyclone link + big aoe, it makes delving fucking amazing, i can go for a long time in the dark and just cyclone through packs to heal up in the darkness when i spin on them probably heal full health in less than a second with those packs.

All in all, this build is full of win everywhere. However, it is still a life build and curses are a part of it and it's more an offensive build than a defensive one, therefore it can die sometimes. It isn't a problem, and cyclone+curses are mega defensive by default, but deserves mention that the life on it isn't mega, expect between 5-6k+ life (which paired with curses/occultist is still crazy). On this build i farm only t14-t16 and mine + whatever else i feel like. I am absolutely rolling through t16 too, only ofc sometimes i die on the boss if i don't use tactics. First elder(red) i did on this i just fucked around for lulz not really trying ended up gutting him without dying lol. And I have a special talent for dying in bossfights. A++ character. Despise uber elder though, probably could him if i cared to learn the fight but so cancer to me i prefer rolling through mine/t15/t16's.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 11, 2019, 10:30:50 AM
Last bumped on Jul 14, 2019, 1:01:44 PM
Full Gear and brief Explanation

There, behold my current gear! It still has lots of room for improvement but improvements now are going to get expensive into the few to tons of exalts per piece so i consider it mostly complete as is. There are also crazy corruptions to get, can get additional curse etc. Lots of stuff to improve, but this gives you an idea what makes it work. The tree itself could also be changed, this one is resolute technique version.

With this gear on level 94(with only lifepoints left till 100), i have 5340 life. I expect to hit around 6k with some levels and small gear improvements. Can reach almost 6.5k life with perfect stuff.

Gems are in the items, these are the actual ones i am using so you can view it there.

Aquamarine flask combos with frigid wake and malediction occultist nodes. Together they make them do 20% reduced damage with hits. Enfeeble with the 95% increased curse effect i have is 60% less damage if they have no curse resistance. Together it's over 68% reduction to all their hits. Take less than a third damage from delve, shit spawns, maybe even syndicate. Even on guardians it's still good reduction. On top comes temporal at -66% speed to all the suckers. On top comes enfeeble makes them miss hardcore/fail crits, paired with stibnite blind and evasion from chest+head, chill from the aquamarine.. Well, there are quite a lot of defenses to go around for general content.

Budget: For budget you can replace gloves, belt and maybe amulet for getting resists or whatever. As you can see i use enlighten 3 + 2, but if i had two lvl 4 i could save a passive point(sovereignty). That passive is still pretty good though, because wrath aura.

Build links

Path of Building:
https://pastebin.com/BF1jLTrX

Poe site skilltree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAMBAQHcBLMI9A0fEQ8UIBZvFy8Yaho4HRQfGCSqJy8snDD4NZI26TpYOtg64TsNPAU8KDwtPV9Bh0J6RKtG10d-TLNN41BHUftSU1WuVcZV1lcpWAdZ818_ZOdlTWZUZp5oZWnYakNtGW87cYVyD3Kpdqx343gNeC95aHpwfNl85XzwfqF-r4CkghCCm4Nfg8yD24TZjRmPRo-mkFWRB5Rvl5WX9JuhnL6f36IApleo6qlurJisqq2Nrv-xQrXytz66DrzqvTa-p8AawGbBBMT2xq7NFs9-0B_Vpti92V_djN-w4BLjauRR6hjvDu987-vwH_JF8xHz3fcy99f46_rS_gr-jw==

Bandit choice: Kraityn

Maybe i will do some simple videos, not sure. Maybe.

Until then - DROOL MF's, DROOL!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 7, 2019, 10:04:45 PM
any idea how to do atziri with this kind of build ?
For the most part just use your movement to stay away from her dangerous moves. I can't remember if youre gonna kill yourself(reflect) on 4 split phase, maybe you need to change the spells for that.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
For the most part just use your movement to stay away from her dangerous moves. I can't remember if youre gonna kill yourself(reflect) on 4 split phase, maybe you need to change the spells for that.

yes this is the problem, arc is a no go and ball lightning require some skill to do it right
Technically you could also keep poets pen in swap for standing still and using spells that won't hit the whole area, with some random frenzy setup.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Jan 10, 2019, 5:13:10 AM

hello, tell me where to get 400 + str?
very interesting want to try build
Really nice cleear speed etc. but dmg sucks vs t16 bosses etc :((
"
stoorzu wrote:
Really nice cleear speed etc. but dmg sucks vs t16 bosses etc :((

Yea does take a min or so lol vs t16+, anything else is fine though, price of not using the most broken single target setups/skills.
Hi, awesome build, just a quick question, which pantheon gods do you use/suggest using?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info