[3.7] Vaal Spark Pathfinder - Just run through content (MF Option)

For clarity, I would like to ask a question. It may have already been answered.

Reduced duration towards soul prevention = 101.6 % REDUCED duration.
40% from 2 spark jewels.
61.6% from soul catcher and flask effectiveness.

6 second base soul prevention x 101.6% = there is absolutely no soul gain prevention time?

And a 1.2 second spark duration?

Last question being - this same mechanic with vaal ice nova, you could hit ice nova, clear several screens and gain souls from those kills?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, i went through the first 6 pages and did not see an answer. Thanks.
Hello there,

I started the build and I`m lvl 70ish right now.

I feel a bit weird with the content, since the legion don`t give you souls you are forced to open the legion before clear the map.

I have only 1 dagger with -20% cost right now, is it MUST WANT too have 2 daggers?

6 links is also a MUST WANT?

Do you have any tip beside using the flask before using spark?

Thank you for the guide.
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
"
iRa38 wrote:
"
Jagaimo wrote:
Would a Zerphi's Heart be usable on this build?
I got the vial for it today in SSF and really want to make a good build with it. Got the flask and a staff with the bloodstained fossilcraft as well.

Never tested the amulet. But I guess it could work if you can handle the increase stat requirement :)

it probably wont work because soul eater takes priority over vaal souls. so if you kill a mob while having soul eater, you will get +1 soul eater stack but 0 vaal souls from it. only mobs outside of the soul eater radius will give souls but that probably wont be enough and/or will make the playstyle very clunky and incosistent.

but tbh, if u wanna play zerphis spark i recommend just going inquis spark. you have infinite attackspeed so u can just "instant teleport" with shield charge and the ridiculous cast speed lets you reach higher dps than vaal spark anyway.

just make sure you cover the mana sustain, with inquis you can do eldrich battery + energy leech stuff so u dont run oom from spamming sparks at mach3.

Ye I was thinking about using Chill of Corruption and a Call of the Brotherhood for the soul generation. (As far as I know this would still give souls on shatter that don't go into the Zerphi's Soul Eater)

But the idea about an Inquis sounds pretty sweet as well, will have to pob a bit and check if I have / can get all the gear I would need.
"
AdamSanders wrote:

40% from 2 spark jewels.

6 second base soul prevention x 101.6% = there is absolutely no soul gain prevention time?

Last question being - this same mechanic with vaal ice nova, you could hit ice nova, clear several screens and gain souls from those kills?

Sorry if these questions have been answered, i went through the first 6 pages and did not see an answer. Thanks.

Hello!
Yes, there is absolutely no soul gain prevention time. So you can spam Vaal Spark as much as you want.

And no, this mechanic can't be applied to vaal ice nova because it doesn't have the "Duration" tag in the gem. This means the reduce/increase duration won't apply to it.

"
MrPersona wrote:
Hello there,

I feel a bit weird with the content, since the legion don`t give you souls you are forced to open the legion before clear the map.

I have only 1 dagger with -20% cost right now, is it MUST WANT too have 2 daggers?

Thank you for the guide.

Hello!

Yes having 2 daggers with the mod and a 6L is a must have.
And no, I don't really have other tips appart from one the last section in the build guide. If you haven't read it yet i suggest you go and read it :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
"
iRa38 wrote:

Listen here, for the 5th time, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE REQUIRED GEAR TO MAKE THE BUILD WORK !!!!

If you don't have the currency or don't wanna play the build or don't enjoy it, feel free to not play it. Just go play something else.

I got 6L, and tried to go through T7 Map, got a negative experience with this build. Yes, I do not have mods -20 vaal cost. BUT IT DOES NOT INCREASE DAMAGE.
soul catcher is enough to use vaal skills without stopping, but only if there is anyone to receive charges.
the problem is that the character dies from ONE hitting a strong mob (yellow reinforced, or orange). I remind you that we have a maximum of 4200 HP
for those who want to play this build with MF, my real PoB link for 84lvl
https://pastebin.com/90BYYXud
don't try to play it.
Last edited by mrMurtag on Jun 24, 2019, 3:33:43 PM
You do realize that you need the weapons to have your Vaal skills get multiple charges right? Without the weapons you can cast one Vaal spark. With the weapons you can chain cast multiple and overlap them at the same time. This build is not built around only a 6l, the weapons are 95% of what makes it work. The other 5% is the flask and support gems. Why would you come into a thread, not follow the guide, ignore the REQUIRED items and then say the build doesn’t work?

Go roll a poets pen build without the wands and see how that goes for you. All the links in the world won’t make a difference without the build enabling items.
"
SyntheticTim wrote:
You do realize that you need the weapons to have your Vaal skills get multiple charges right? Without the weapons you can cast one Vaal spark. With the weapons you can chain cast multiple and overlap them at the same time. This build is not built around only a 6l, the weapons are 95% of what makes it work. The other 5% is the flask and support gems. Why would you come into a thread, not follow the guide, ignore the REQUIRED items and then say the build doesn’t work?

Go roll a poets pen build without the wands and see how that goes for you. All the links in the world won’t make a difference without the build enabling items.

THANK YOU !!!!!

I was so done was I saw his response but yours does put a smile on my face :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
"
iRa38 wrote:
"
AdamSanders wrote:

40% from 2 spark jewels.

Hello!
Yes, there is absolutely no soul gain prevention time. So you can spam Vaal Spark as much as you want.

And no, this mechanic can't be applied to vaal ice nova because it doesn't have the "Duration" tag in the gem. This means the reduce/increase duration won't apply to it.

"
MrPersona wrote:
Hello there,

Thank you for the guide.

Hello!

Yes having 2 daggers with the mod and a 6L is a must have.
And no, I don't really have other tips appart from one the last section in the build guide. If you haven't read it yet i suggest you go and read it :)

Hello again,

Today I went and finished Uber lab,got myself another -20% vaal cost and changed the flask for one with 40% and boy oh boy, this build is FAST, I don't know if I have enough finger to keep spamming flask and charges of spark. I still need a 6L QotF, and some better dagger, but I can sure do maps T5~T8 with no problem.

Don't mind the guy talking sh*t, he don't have currency to bank the itens, is quite a expensive build (6~8 ex ish).

Again, thank you for the guide and for your time answering the forum post.

May the drops be on your side.
Fml.. Still debating on this vs a ts build.

Vaal spark is so fucking nice. Just cruising through maps without the cobstant stuttering of bow attacks.

But I am still kind of concerned how it works vs legion monoliths. I mean, you don't generate any charges from the "frozen in time" mobs, right?

So you need to clear a bit, stack up 5 charges and then pop the monolith?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info