[3.7] Vaal Spark Pathfinder - Just run through content (MF Option)

agreed, you need to be well geared for legion encounters, even when just doing t5 burials (with mf). i actually ended up switching to a MF KB wander for now, the fact that legion monsters dont give vaal souls just cucks me too often because they are fairly tanky and i ran out of charges way too frequently, and that was with a 21/23 vaal spark. granted, my 2h staff was trash (basically jsut a 6L with -40 soul cost and 1 crafted mod +100 base crit) but it was boarderline unplayable (LEGION that is, the t5 burial itself was fine, but legion is so fucking jucy that the build needs to be able to clear it).

maybe i ll give it another shot at 90+ when i can get a better staff or GGG hopefully fixes the soul issue with legion mobs.
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
agreed, you need to be well geared for legion encounters, even when just doing t5 burials (with mf). i actually ended up switching to a MF KB wander for now, the fact that legion monsters dont give vaal souls just cucks me too often because they are fairly tanky and i ran out of charges way too frequently, and that was with a 21/23 vaal spark. granted, my 2h staff was trash (basically jsut a 6L with -40 soul cost and 1 crafted mod +100 base crit) but it was boarderline unplayable (LEGION that is, the t5 burial itself was fine, but legion is so fucking jucy that the build needs to be able to clear it).

maybe i ll give it another shot at 90+ when i can get a better staff or GGG hopefully fixes the soul issue with legion mobs.

I can clear up to T9 maps in what I'd call budget gear lvl 82 (relative to this build).I haven't tried T10's yet. Also, with the chill of corruption jewel you should get enough souls for spark on the legion guys provided you have enough cold damage. However that being said I do agree that the rare legion monsters can be tanky. Also herald of ice doesn't chain the way it should and I hope the update thurs fixes that stuff.
"
KinGGaiA wrote:

I actually kinda had the same experience trying things out last night. Not being able to reliably do monoliths yet makes this less appealing. I think I'll go back to playing another character too and maybe come back to this one later. If anyone wants to buy my staff in the mean time let me know (check the character FlasksAreStillBroken on my profile).
has anyone tried chill of corruption since the patch last night? now that legion mobs can be shattered, we should be able to get it to proc on them i think (as long as we shatter them) ?

if that works i might go back to the build again
It was okey i just didnt like the playstyle
what do u mean? the playstyle shouldnt change at all no?
"
mrMurtag wrote:
i think it's only for 90+lvl and full gear. because i'm (82lvl) dying on t4 maps (MF). you can export me to PoB and check.

Your weapons dont have the reduced soul cost mod and you're playing on a 5-link, that's why you're dying ;)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1
whats the best weapon set up for minmaxing? 2 daggers probably give better raw stats, but stuff like +2 lightning gems, socketed gems are supported by XXX, socketed skills deal 20% more spell dmg etc is pretty nutty aswell.

i never played with a 2h staff and im kinda curios to go that route.
Last edited by KinGGaiA on Jun 21, 2019, 12:29:42 PM
"
iRa38 wrote:
"
mrMurtag wrote:
i think it's only for 90+lvl and full gear. because i'm (82lvl) dying on t4 maps (MF). you can export me to PoB and check.

Your weapons dont have the reduced soul cost mod and you're playing on a 5-link, that's why you're dying ;)
but you didn't play this with build in the legion
Last edited by mrMurtag on Jun 21, 2019, 3:36:51 PM
"
KinGGaiA wrote:
whats the best weapon set up for minmaxing? 2 daggers probably give better raw stats, but stuff like +2 lightning gems, socketed gems are supported by XXX, socketed skills deal 20% more spell dmg etc is pretty nutty aswell.

i never played with a 2h staff and im kinda curios to go that route.

All the modifiers you listed are only affecting the jewels you'll socket directly into the weapons, so I'd say they're not that "nuts".
The best mods would be spell damage/lightning damage/inc crit strike for spells/% elemental as extra chaos/penetrates ele resist/and some other betrayal mods (arcane surge, cast speed etc...)

"
mrMurtag wrote:
"
iRa38 wrote:
"
mrMurtag wrote:

but you didn't play this with build in the legion

I don't really get what you're trying to say. But yes, I haven't played the build in Legion but I'm the guy who wrote it, so I know why you're character isn't working. Get the rolls in the weapons and a 6-link and it'll be much better. :)
My builds :

CoC Volatile Dead Assassin - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2742649

Vaal Spark Pathfinder - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2302486/page/1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info