[3.8] Yet another Poet's Pen Volatile Dead boss tank - 8-10k/s life leech rate - 1M+ shaper DPS

"
Scarecrow1990 wrote:
Just as good as Zerphi's, if not better. I feel way tankier and it doesn't matter if I screw my flasks up.

Put the build together on about 5 exalts and 3 and a bit of that was my watcher's eye. Gear that went for several exalts last league was going for only a few chaos. The belt and helm I found are disgusting.

I didn't feel pressured for resists so instead of an expensive opal I used Mark of the Shaper, fraction of the cost and goes head to head with a 5-10 exalted opal.

Jewel's were also very cheap, which surprised me.

Feel free to take a look at PrivateSociety and make any suggestions, if I've screwed up or missed something.

Seriously considering how to insert Aspect of the Spider into the build. It would go very well on my belt instead of multimodding maybe. Might have to look and mana reservation nodes and an enlighten.

Glad to hear it works. I noticed you have the wrong unique jewel, you need conqueror's potency with flask effect, not conqueror's efficiency. Also if you need more heal you could still pick up Vitality Void on tree, or you can divine your watcher's eye.

You also have too much attack speed, with all buffs you have 4.56 attacks per second, and without cooldown reduction mods on gear you should have up to 3.77

I'll probably modify the guide to recommend a belt with 2 flask mods to sustain it better during uber elder, and strictly with reduced flask charges used instead of increased charges gained, because the overflowing chalice already gives 134% increased charges, so the belt on top of that is very little benefit.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I am roughly sitting at 40ex after doing Uber Elder Deathless, thanks to your build :D. I was curious as to how the layout of the build setup would look like with an Unnatural Instinct combined with the might of the meeks. I am not too familiar where I would need to change my points and such, or would it not be worth it since we aren't getting any of the Crit Multi. Thank you
Last edited by SoullessJew on Jan 13, 2019, 6:05:16 PM
"
Márkusz wrote:

Glad to hear it works. I noticed you have the wrong unique jewel, you need conqueror's potency with flask effect, not conqueror's efficiency. Also if you need more heal you could still pick up Vitality Void on tree, or you can divine your watcher's eye.

You also have too much attack speed, with all buffs you have 4.56 attacks per second, and without cooldown reduction mods on gear you should have up to 3.77

I'll probably modify the guide to recommend a belt with 2 flask mods to sustain it better during uber elder, and strictly with reduced flask charges used instead of increased charges gained, because the overflowing chalice already gives 134% increased charges, so the belt on top of that is very little benefit.

Wups on the potency, I would never have noticed that.

I swapped to a level 1 faster attacks, takes me to 3.82. Little bit over but without any faster attack I'm at 3.36 and it feels unbearably slow.

Also changed up the belt, less life recovery rate but inserted increased flask charges.

I was going to ask about more leech. I've noticed if my frenzy charges fall off in high level content I'm in serious trouble. Which they often do with boss phasing and so on.

Warlords mark obviously doesn't do the job with reduced effectiveness at high level content. Maybe slide a leech watchers eye, but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay 40 ex and losing life recovery rate would be a huge negative. I purchased a fire damage anger/life recovery rate watchers. Let's see what help that gives.

Lab boots enchant are a good option but only provide benefits if recently killing.

Can you think of any other options?
Hello, Thank you for this build.

Would it be possible to switch to Arc/Lightning Warp for mapping with this build and keep a similar level of damage output?
Some thoughts:

1) IMO running the Anger leech setup is better than Vitality leech + some Anger roll. With that setup you don't even necessarily need to use the second mod, as you could instead just put in either HoA or Flammability + Blasphemy.

2) I'm really not a fan of trying to make ToH work with Wise Oak, and perhaps it's just easier to use a basalt instead? Plus this gives us a staunching/warding flask.
Last edited by slowreactor on Jan 14, 2019, 3:36:55 PM
"
slowreactor wrote:
Some thoughts:

1) IMO running the Anger leech setup is better than Vitality leech + some Anger roll. With that setup you don't even necessarily need to use the second mod, as you could instead just put in either HoA or Flammability + Blasphemy.

2) I'm really not a fan of trying to make ToH work with Wise Oak, and perhaps it's just easier to use a basalt instead? Plus this gives us a staunching/warding flask.

Ideal would be Vitality + Purity of ice with watchers and HoA

ToH is worth it because it's a sapphire flask as well which is a must have on uber elder as almost all damage is cold or physical
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Hey, Great Build, having a lot of fun so far.

Still a bit undecided where to put the might of the meek jewels so. Got them on the starting nodes left and below the scion path to get the most of the maximum life tree. Do they belong there or do i need to put them anywhere else?
"
Márkusz wrote:
"
slowreactor wrote:
Some thoughts:

Ideal would be Vitality + Purity of ice with watchers and HoA

ToH is worth it because it's a sapphire flask as well which is a must have on uber elder as almost all damage is cold or physical

But why Vitality over Anger? Assuming a perfect Watcher's eye either way (with leech on either Vitality over Anger), you still get most of the leech (you only lose a bit of leech from the chaos damage on Atziri's), and in exchange you get a massive damage boost from Anger.
Surely the life recovery rate on your watchers is why you stick with vitality.

I swapped to a fire damage leech/life recovery rate eye and it made a big difference. Lost about 4k damage a ball, but survivability went up even further. Literally tanking shaper slams zero problems.

How would you go flammability and blasphemy? Drop warlords mark and vitality? Could be interesting with spider aspect and temp chains for even more survivabity. Would need an enlighten and maybe even mana res modes.
Last edited by Scarecrow1990 on Jan 15, 2019, 12:23:09 AM
"
slowreactor wrote:
But why Vitality over Anger? Assuming a perfect Watcher's eye either way (with leech on either Vitality over Anger), you still get most of the leech (you only lose a bit of leech from the chaos damage on Atziri's), and in exchange you get a massive damage boost from Anger.

The 15% mana reserve difference allows to fit in HoA much easier and HoA in my case gives slightly more damage than Anger (without watchers eye pen).

The perfect watcher's eye with life recovery rate would already need vitality, so in that case not needing to add another aura for leech the vitality leech would be also preferred.

Anyway they are very similar in effect and what most people use mainly depends on the cost, I just used what I already had, and I listed all possible combinations in gear breakdown with trade search link for those jewels that are good for the build, whoever is looking for an upgrade to any of those to min-max the build should be able to see which ones are more optimal.
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info